Advanced Search

Author Topic: Things in Megaman that you never noticed before until recent  (Read 210483 times)

November 04, 2010, 03:34:39 AM
Reply #30

Offline TrueTenguMan

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 22, 2010, 11:10:20 PM

• View Profile
Re: Things in Megaman that you never noticed before until recent
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 03:34:39 AM »
Quote from: "Korby"
I'm too lazy to find out what happens with the MM3 thing. Could someone explain it?

Lets just say the RMs pull off a Metal Man once you fight them again

...Ya follow?

November 04, 2010, 04:31:30 AM
Reply #31

Offline digiholic

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2010, 08:26:18 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 04:31:30 AM »
Quote from: "TrueTenguMan"
Quote from: "Korby"
I'm too lazy to find out what happens with the MM3 thing. Could someone explain it?

Lets just say the RMs pull off a Metal Man once you fight them again

...Ya follow?

Really? I never tried.

November 04, 2010, 11:06:33 AM
Reply #32

Offline KillerChair

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2010, 11:27:42 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/pixellerate
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 11:06:33 AM »
Freezeman loves posing awesomely :p
The mm&b disk of him said so also.

November 04, 2010, 11:45:49 AM
Reply #33

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »
Freezeman stops time and mocks you if you try to use freezecracker on him in MM7. I only found this out recently. He also behaves like Skullman and doesn't do anything until you attack

Edit: Nevermind it looks like people already discussed it  :p

November 04, 2010, 04:13:05 PM
Reply #34

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »
Quote from: "PressStart"
[crazier theories, Yellow Devil?!?

Awesome

November 04, 2010, 04:57:20 PM
Reply #35

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 04:57:20 PM »
Yellow Devil seems more orange than yellow IMO.

November 04, 2010, 04:58:13 PM
Reply #36

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:13 PM »
Yellow Devil doesn't look much of a devil either IMO.

November 04, 2010, 04:59:27 PM
Reply #37

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 04:59:27 PM »
Yellow Devil has a servbot inside him ITO

November 04, 2010, 05:25:51 PM
Reply #38

Offline TheBladeRoden

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 14, 2010, 07:26:58 PM

• View Profile
    • TheBladeRoden's Home Page
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 05:25:51 PM »
Yellow Devil seems like a racial slur

November 04, 2010, 09:53:16 PM
Reply #39

Offline Relias

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 02, 2010, 04:56:39 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »
- Already mentioned but not flat-out stated, and probably the most obvious, but I didn't know about it for a looooong time for some reason, using Metal Blade on Metal Man when you fight him in the teleport room kills him in one hit

- Many bosses in MM2 have a variety of weaknesses, though there's still technically a "pattern", although in that pattern Flash Man would fall to the Crash Bomb whereas the Metal Blade does equal damage and is far easier to use, and even Bubble Lead is great against him.  Likewise, Wood Man would fall to Atomic Fire though he's also easy with Metal Blades, and Crash Bomb actually can hurt him through his shield.

- In Mega Man 3, pausing when a large enemy's on the screen will make all the ANIMATED parts of them disappear, but not the static parts.  By far the freakiest when used on the cats in Top Man's stage.

- Speaking of Top Man, not only is his design in general just really strange, but think about how pretty much every Robot Master, no matter how weird, has a stage that fits them well enough, if not to a T.  Now realize that TOP MAN'S STAGE is a giant greenhouse full of massive cats and bulldozers.  Likewise, Shadow Man, a ninja RM, has a stage consisting of some underground lava-filled facility.  These are facts from the first time you play MM3, but some people don't really sit to think about it and really realize how weird it is 'till much later.

- Like the MM7 Freeze Man trick listed above, MANY Robot Masters (if not all, though I can only think of this one other definite example) will heal and/or otherwise "power up" from their own weapon or a specific other weapon.  The one example I never forget is Spring Man powering up and developing a magnetic shield if you use Thunder Bolt on him.

- Probably obvious to most people, but if you hold B and press Start on Shade Man's stage in MM7 before you kill him (also works on the FC version), you're treated to a remix of the Ghouls n' Ghosts / Ghosts n' Goblins main theme.

- Again in MM7, there are one-in-the-game-each hidden items in many places you can only find with Rush Search, such as a giant weapon capsule in Spring Man's stage, and a giant energy capsule in Turbo Man's stage.  There's actually a way to get that super expensive Super Adaptor fist range/homing powerup without paying a single bolt if you dig in a certain spot in Turbo Man's stage.  Also, if you dig underneath the large opened container on the very left of the beginning of Junk Man's stage Rush will sometimes dig up a Game Boy.

- Yet AGAIN in MM7, there's a strange number given at the very end of the credits after you finish the game, presenting itself as if it's some kind of code or serial number for the game.  In fact, if you put it in as a password, you'll unlock a little Street Fighter minigame for 2 players in which you can play as Mega Man or Bass (Why not Proto Man too?)

- Many of the small dolls in Clown Man's stage in MM8 are scaled down sprites of MM7 enemies.

- In Frost Walrus' stage in MMX4, there are frozen images of Blizzard Buffalo, Chill Penguin, etc in the background.

There's a million more, and a lot of people probably know most these, but I just got on a roll...

As for me?  I had no idea you could blow up Drill Bombs prematurely which is actually the best way to defeat one of the Wily Machine forms in MM4, until very recently.  I also had no idea that charged up Mega Buster shots actually stopped Toad Man's Rain Flush just like the Drill Bombs do; for that reason I usually started with Bright Man or Dust Man.  I found both out my last time playing through MM4, which was, like, the 10th time lol.

November 04, 2010, 11:46:18 PM
Reply #40

Offline TrueTenguMan

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 11:46:18 PM »
Quote from: "Relias"
- Speaking of Top Man, not only is his design in general just really strange, but think about how pretty much every Robot Master, no matter how weird, has a stage that fits them well enough, if not to a T. Now realize that TOP MAN'S STAGE is a giant greenhouse full of massive cats and bulldozers. Likewise, Shadow Man, a ninja RM, has a stage consisting of some underground lava-filled facility. These are facts from the first time you play MM3, but some people don't really sit to think about it and really realize how weird it is 'till much later.

An odder fact is that in MM3, all of the other bots were created by both Dr. Light and Wily, cept' Snake Man And Shadow Man which were created individually.

Also...

Need Man's purpose was to work in the energy mines

Magnet Man's purpose was to scrap metal using his powerful magnetic forces ((hence his stage design))

Hard Man ((Shut up...)) is obvious... for construction work

Top Man for some reason was built to work in other planets for resources regarding Gamma's development, which seems rather odd as to why a top robot is suited for that type of labor :? or why a greenhouse adds to surplus items needed to construct Gamma ((I'd say they were using him to fetch veggies for dinner :lol: ))

Spark Man should be obvious too, electricity charging ((Possibly a similar function to Elec Man))

However it seems Gemini Man's purpose isn't mentioned in the Complete works or any sources, yet he was also design by Light and put in what looks like a glacier-like area within a strange mine with glowing stone surfaces. I guess a possible theory may be that he was designed to harvest the stone seeing as it may of been another suable energy source but becomes distracted by their surfaces hence his like of shiny objects.

November 05, 2010, 12:18:24 AM
Reply #41

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2010, 12:18:24 AM »
Not all of the stages are fitting, yes.
Burner Man's stage is a forest, but there's a reason to that. Why? Because he was lied to by King. He was told that if he didn't burn down a forest every day, a bomb inside of him would explode. Of course, there was not one, but Burner Man was so loyal, he believed King and burned forests. This is why he is insane.

His stage music does not fit him. It fits the stage.

November 05, 2010, 12:21:39 AM
Reply #42

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 12:21:39 AM »
I personally think Top Man wins the dumbest design award.  Sure, people complain about Spring Man being a bad idea, but springs at least have a role in mechanical operations and...I don't know, maybe he was built to reach high up shelves.  Top Man is designed after a toy and he spins.  What the Hell purpose does that serve?  Why a top?

November 05, 2010, 12:43:32 AM
Reply #43

Offline PressStart

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 03:06:04 PM

• View Profile
    • http://minimega.tumblr.com/
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 12:43:32 AM »
Stop this Top bashing at once!

As stated by his MegaMan and Bass info CD, "Being equipped with the auto balance system, he can spin rapidly." These mining planets could easily have differing gravities, so it seems pretty logical to me that TopMan would be sent out to them, having a built in system to help him cope with awkward changes in gravity he may encounter.

On that same line of thinking, tops have just as much use as springs mechanically. Just like in his description, many devices use spinning gyroscopes to measure their sense of balance and direction. Wario Ware Twisted! uses such a gyro so you can play cool games by spinning your GBA, like that crazy 360 Mario!

Tops are awesome!

November 05, 2010, 01:24:14 AM
Reply #44

Offline TrueTenguMan

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 01:24:14 AM »
Quote from: "PressStart"
Stop this Top bashing at once!

As stated by his MegaMan and Bass info CD, "Being equipped with the auto balance system, he can spin rapidly." These mining planets could easily have differing gravities, so it seems pretty logical to me that TopMan would be sent out to them, having a built in system to help him cope with awkward changes in gravity he may encounter!
Huh, good point. Never looked at it that way :)