Advanced Search

Author Topic: How should the MM7 weapons work?  (Read 3536 times)

November 10, 2010, 04:56:50 PM
Read 3536 times

Offline Relias

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 02, 2010, 04:56:39 AM

• View Profile
How should the MM7 weapons work?
« on: November 10, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
I was gonna make a thread about how future Master's weapons in general should work, but that would have been massive, and just this alone will be tl;dr for a lot of people.  Obviously you don't have to list them all like I did, but just the ones you have a neat idea for, if you're gonna list any.

And I didn't put it in "suggestions" since it's kinda just musing like the "future robots' chats and taunts" thread or whatever.  Not that the ideas in here should go unnoticed, especially since the MM7 expansion's already being worked on so input on the weapons may be a serious topic sometime soon.

Anyway, here's my ideas!

Danger Wrap:  It'll go forward while rising upward in an arc like Air Shooter or Silver Tomahawk, but have a very low velocity (moves slowly) and very slow firing speed between shots, in addition to taking a lot of weapon energy per use.  The payoff for being able to actually nail someone with this?  It picks them up, rendering them incapable of acting for a couple seconds before exploding and dealing heavy damage.  Could also be used to put someone over a pit or other hazard.  May be imbalanced for Roboenza.

Thunder Bolt:  A reasonably slow-firing, medium-velocity weapon--very much like the Thunder Beam--that splits into two smaller, faster, but weaker bolts upon hitting an enemy or wall.  I'd imagine it being about as fat as a fully-charged Atomic Fire and thus easier to hit with--and slightly more damaging per shot than--Thunder Beam, but a bit slower in both firing speed and velocity.

Junk Shield:  Now, it's hard to imagine this working too differently from the Star Crash since it's easily the most offensively viable shield in the Mega Man series, but we can't just have the same weapon.  I'm thinking of a sort of "counterattack" shield that only lowers but doesn't nullify received damage (i.e. having some "armor" in Doom) and whenever someone shoots you while it's activated a small piece of junk (think a piece of Dust Crusher after splitting) shoots off in the direction of the attacker.  It drains constantly while in use and can be shot prematurely to cause three such small junk pieces to fly out in three random but equally spaced apart directions.

Freeze Cracker:  A large, reasonably powerful, decent velocity ice bolt is sent flying forward; upon hitting a wall, it'll split into four smaller icebolts that ricochet in an even pattern fanning outward horizontally.  It should fire fairly slowly between attacks but a bit faster than Crystal Eye, its "sister" weapon of sorts.

Slash Claw:  Now this one will be fun.  It produces a Rolling Cutter-thin "blade" in front of the user, about 2-3 player hitboxes' length, that's very highly damaging, but obviously short-ranged and requiring of precise aim.  The time between attacks should be reasonably steep, like 1.5 seconds between each swing, no rapid clawing so if you miss it matters, but if you hit it's satisfying.

Wild Coil:  Now, I can't decide; should it throw two springs in a V-pattern like a split Gyro Attack or should it shoot one spring directly in front of you and one directly behind?  The second option would make it easier to use but the one going behind would be weird, since you can't see behind yourself in an FPS... I'm sure it'd still be useful though, such as with chasing infected in Roboenza.  Either way, it should, of course, be chargeable to make it more powerful and "fatter"/easier to hit with.

Noise Crush:  A small, fast, reasonably rapid-firing purple wave of sound, but nothing too special--until you hit a wall with it.  It'll reflect directly back toward you despite what angle you hit the wall at, and if you catch it, you'll enter a charged-up state that will produce a bigger, stronger blast, but one which doesn't ricochet.

Scorch Wheel:  Summons a ring of fireballs that act as a shield (a highly damaging but non-defensive one, like Star Crash) for about a second before automatically flying off in whatever direction you're facing, falling downward with gravity if it rolls off a ledge or is released from the air.  Very slow between shots and without the highest velocity despite being a wheel, but very damaging.

Super Adapter:  A special item found rarely on maps like the Proto and Bass busters.  Using it will grant you a white and red color scheme and you'll be able to double-jump and charge your buster to release a fist projectile that has good velocity and a Magnet/Dive Missle-style "homing" ability, but not a great range.  Normal shots should be slow a la Proto Buster methinks for balance.

Soo any tweaks to these ideas that should be made, or your own unique ideas?  I think Junk Shield in particular may be a really fun one to toss around ideas about, and I wonder if we could figure out a way to implement Rush Search without it being the same thing as Flip-Top?

November 10, 2010, 05:04:11 PM
Reply #1

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
Re: How should the MM7 weapons work?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:04:11 PM »
Mike's already working on them, and I'm pretty sure he's probably figured them out.

November 10, 2010, 05:05:16 PM
Reply #2

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 05:05:16 PM »
Although he did note he wouldn't be doing the Super Adaptor, I wonder if anyone could code it.

November 10, 2010, 05:14:58 PM
Reply #3

Offline KillerChair

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2010, 11:27:42 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/pixellerate
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 05:14:58 PM »
Most of the mm7 weapons are done.

November 10, 2010, 05:24:40 PM
Reply #4

Offline Azdrerios

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 03, 2010, 07:47:57 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 05:24:40 PM »
Quote from: "KillerChair"
Most of the mm7 weapons are done.
That's a shame. It obviously took the TC some time to come up with these concepts. Oh well. :(

November 10, 2010, 05:24:49 PM
Reply #5

Offline brotoad

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: February 25, 2010, 01:33:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://brotoad.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 05:24:49 PM »
super adaptor will probably be in the game!
almost all the MM7 weapons are done, if you fire danger wrap at the floor it becomes a mine.
scorch wheel doesn't do much damage when held down but instead increases your speed until you fire it away

November 10, 2010, 05:33:59 PM
Reply #6

Offline 2D man

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 27, 2010, 11:53:22 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 05:33:59 PM »
Quote from: "brotoad"
scorch wheel doesn't do much damage when held down but instead increases your speed until you fire it away

So it will be kinda like a combination beetwen Charge Kick and Star Hug Crash

November 10, 2010, 06:33:03 PM
Reply #7

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 06:33:03 PM »
First he'd need to turn LMS into Team LMS to prevent FF

Danger Wrap: Like Air Shooter, explosion should not cause high damage, it can be destroyed from within if it takes too much damage (In Roboenza, two claw hits could do it)

Thunder Bolt: Yes, much like Thunder Beam

Junk Shield: Like Star Crash, but unleashes the shots in various directions depending on how much damage it has absorbed.

Freeze Cracker: More like Dust Crusher

Slash Claw: Much like Charge Kick's "wave", but in horzontal and doesn't push you forth.

Wild Coil: Could shoot in either 4 directions (front, behind, sides) or in 2 (sides OR front, possibly changing the pattern with Fire 2?)

Noise Crush:  It should simply reflect off, much like Gemini Beam, have a good interval and move at a good speed. Too fast and it'll be OP, too slow and it'll be too nerfed.

Scorch Wheel: Like Star Crash, should causes a 1~2 seconds paralysis?

Super Adapter: Should have either medium range and high speed or long range and medium/low speed but gives homing. Either way, should push the target a bit.

my ideas:
Add the two MM6 Rush Adapters as well.
Rush Power Adapter: The attack's range is medium, but is Claw-short if fully charged and the shot always push the enemy. Removes any knockback/paralysis from being hit but also reduces speed and jumping height.

Rush Jet Adapter: normal shot = megabuster, charged might be the same of Super Adapter. Second fire activates jet (recharges very fast). Speed and jumping height is increased, but the knockback will be higher and paralysis will last longer (2 seconds longer)

November 10, 2010, 07:56:52 PM
Reply #8

Offline Phoba555

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 12, 2010, 11:44:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 07:56:52 PM »
Super Adaptor?
If it is going to be in the game, expect to see a flying BlizzardMan in Robozena.

November 10, 2010, 09:27:35 PM
Reply #9

Offline KillerChair

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2010, 11:27:42 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/pixellerate
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »
If the adaptor will be in the game i think you fill fire a homing knuckle when charged... or at least i hope :p