Advanced Search

Author Topic: Banned from the master server (for no reason)? Fix it here!  (Read 24800 times)

August 18, 2012, 12:31:17 AM
Read 24800 times

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Banned from the master server (for no reason)? Fix it here!
« on: August 18, 2012, 12:31:17 AM »
So I've noticed a few people are a little confused on what to do if they get suddenly banned from the Skulltag/Zandronum master server. Here's how to fix it.

First of all, how did this happen? Well if it suddenly happens, the most likely reason is that you were caught in a range ban. That means that they went to ban someone's IP address who was ban evading (by renewing their IP address), and just banned all the possible IP addressed they have in a range ban. Often, some poor soul's IP gets caught in this and they have to be manually whitelisted.

To get removed as fast as possible, first you need to grab an IRC client. Google around I'm sure you'll find one. If you have firefox, I like to use ChatZilla.

You need to connect to the server irc.zandronum.com. Port is 6667.

After connecting, you need to join the #staff channel (type /join #staff and hit enter). Some members of staff should be rolling around here. Say hi and explain you've been caught in a range ban. You'll then need to specify your IP Address and a name (just so they can note who requested it). Once you're done, that's it! If no one responds, just leave it with them and disconnect.

Check back after a few minutes/hours and see if it worked! If not, get back in there and bug them again.

August 18, 2012, 08:37:53 AM
Reply #1

Offline Mr. Sean Nelson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 30, 2010, 06:37:59 PM

• View Profile
Re: Banned from the master server (for no reason)? Fix it he
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 08:37:53 AM »
I'll give er' a shot next time I'm in town, Boss.

July 31, 2013, 06:43:21 PM
Reply #2

Offline CriticalHit

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 27, 2013, 04:51:02 PM

• View Profile
Re: Banned from the master server (for no reason)? Fix it he
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
While I may be late, I'd like to point out that Doomseeker has a built-in IRC Client you can access by going to View > IRC, pressing Ctrl+I, or clicking on the icon representing a green and a blue speech bubble. The address of the Zandronum IRC server is built-in, too.

July 12, 2019, 12:13:07 PM
Reply #3

Offline xueyinger

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 11, 2019, 07:11:20 AM

• View Profile
Re: Banned from the master server (for no reason)? Fix it here!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 12:13:07 PM »
On doomseeker, my own server always shows no response, and my port is open... solve