Advanced Search

Author Topic: Mega Man Awesome Network  (Read 28419 times)

April 30, 2012, 03:09:28 PM
Read 28419 times

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
Mega Man Awesome Network
« on: April 30, 2012, 03:09:28 PM »
hey if he can do it I can do it too
[4/29/2012 6:53:46 PM] SmashBro: get in here
[4/29/2012 6:53:48 PM] SmashBro: we be doin' srs bsns
[4/29/2012 6:54:13 PM] xColdxFusionx: Oh my god this thing is still alive?!
[4/29/2012 6:54:17 PM] Megaman: Indeed.

Welcome to the new home of Mega Man Awesome Network!
old thread right here woo

Planned v1 Classes:
    Mega Man
    [-Norm-]
    FireMan
    FreezeMan
    WoodMan
    Ring

old outdated shit I can't bother to get rid of
(click to show/hide)

April 30, 2012, 07:35:09 PM
Reply #1

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: Mega Man Awesome Network's NEW HOME!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:35:09 PM »
Does this mean I have to finish Kingman.

April 30, 2012, 07:44:08 PM
Reply #2

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »
Short answer: You better believe it son. :ugeek:

Long answer: I wasn't expecting KingMan to be finished for the next beta. Feel free to work on him and tweak his attacks, but there's no real rush as I wasn't anticipating for him to be added in the next release.

April 30, 2012, 08:14:56 PM
Reply #3

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:14:56 PM »
Well you said the styles will be included, may I suggest taking hints from the WS BN game (Rockman.EXE WS) which was a side scrolling game.

Just some suggestions.

Heat Guts: Normal Speed, higher damage, fire charge. Alt is the gatling, uses a reload time. Weak to Bubble Lead, Water Wave, Water Balloon, Rain Flush, Water Shooter (for people using DOS weapons), Salt Water (people using WV weapons), Water Shield (people using 8-10 weapons) Aqua style charges.
Aqua Brother: Within certain areas it had all its states doubled but in areas with low connection its states were halfed, incorporate this as a good team play class style where it gets a slight stat boost near allies, water charge. Weak to Thunder Beam, Spark Shock, Thunder Bolt, Thunder Claw, Thunder Wool (for Gummy's weps or 8-10 weps), Bit Cannon (DOS weps), Force Field (DOS weps), Spark Shock (WV weps) and Elec Style Charges.
Wood Shield: Moved slow and had better defense, shot a slow moving tornado for a charge. Alt is a shield that uses a reload time. Weak to Fire Storm, Atomic Fire, Pharaoh Shot, Napalm Bomb (Because Napalms spread fire), Flame Blast, Scorch Wheel, Flame Sword, Magma Bazooka (8-10 weps), Solar Blazer (8-10 weps), Torch Arm (DOS weps), Heat Style Shoots.
Elec Custom: Incredible fast moving, but a really weak buster and weak stun charge. Weak to Leaf Shield, Search Snake (cause Snake was wood in BN), Needle Cannon (same as Snake), Silver Tomahawk (same as Snake and Needle), Hornet Chaser (8-10 weps) and Wood Style Charges

HUB: Guts' damage, Custom's speed, Shield's armor but cut the HP in half (which was its drawback)

As for BN3's styles
Elec Ground (thats the artwork element): Same charge as Custom but see if something can come up to incorporate the ground cracking.  Secondary fire is swaps fields which is its usable items. Lava stage spreads lava nearby that hurts people who touch the spot but goes away after each hits.  Ice stage spreads ice that makes people slide when they walk over it.  Grass stage heals wood shield class users but makes fire attacks do double damage to anyone in it.  Sand stage slows people down who get into range. Metal stage could create platforms under your feet, acting like a bunch carries being spawned.
All stages would have a set time limit, Lava lasting the shortest amount of time due to actually doing damage. Maybe have it need to pick up items to get stages.  Same weaknesses as Custom.
Heat Shadow (cause its the artwork element): Charge shoot makes invisible for a very short amount of time, alt is the flame thrower. Same weaknesses as Guts.
Aqua Bug (again artwork element): potentially a powerful style like HUB but every time you spawn you have random effects ranging from losing 1 HP every few seconds, leaving poison panels as you move, sliping, high speed, high damage, slow speed, low damage, high defense, low defense. Possible HUD indicators showing you which effects you ended up getting.

April 30, 2012, 08:35:58 PM
Reply #4

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:35:58 PM »
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
Heat Guts
Aqua Brother
HNNNNNNNNNG

I'm getting tired of people saying that, really I am. No offense, you probably didn't know better, but I was trying to avoid those Styles as much as I humanly could.
Quote from: "In the old thread, SmashBroPlusB"
The other reason it's HeatSprt and AquaGuts instead of the other way around is because I wanted to avoid the Capcom stereotypes as much as possible. Pairing Custom with Aqua element made Mega Man look like a total girly-man in my opinion. Elec Team also seemed cheap as hell to me because you could just stun a guy then rape him with Guts Shooter. Don't even get me started on Heat Guts, either. That's too much cliche machoness for one guy thank you very much, now wait 200 years and come back with Taurus Fire.

Another reason for the style pairs was that they were based on my real-life BN2 save file. As my first Style, I quickly fell in love with AquaGuts, and for good reason. You don't suffer knockback, standard shots hurt like hell, you charge in literally less than half a second, and your 40-damage Bubbler is a distance attack AND hits two panels. FUCK YES. This also explains why there used to be an ElecShld Style (damn you random number generator!), which was inherently useless. "lol let's stun a guy then HIDE FROM THEM."
In short, although Wood Shield and Elec Custom are "Capcom friendly", it's just a coincidence. I wanted to change around the Styles the best I could, and this is what I came up with.

So yeah, the BN3 style combos you suggested probably won't happen. At all. Ever. :ugeek:

Again, I don't mean to crush your hopes, I just wanted to avoid those particular pairings. I was considering Bug Style for a future update but it would probably be a Normal element class simply to avoid "favoring" a particular element. As far as the attacks go, the Styles pretty much use things like you already suggested (or more AWESOME versions) so I can't really do anything with those either. However, panel effects (if possible) will be added to the fitting Style's folder (for example, LavaStg for HeatSprt and MetalStg for ElecCust). Also, an invisibility attack probably won't be added anytime soon... I've heard enough complaints over the Invis chip, heh heh.

Thanks for the input, though. I welcome future suggestions!

April 30, 2012, 09:00:43 PM
Reply #5

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:00:43 PM »
So, are we doing mainly a classes mod of .exe Navis? We could make Alpha a boss!

April 30, 2012, 09:01:15 PM
Reply #6

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 09:01:15 PM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
Heat Guts
Aqua Brother
HNNNNNNNNNG

I'm getting tired of people saying that, really I am. No offense, you probably didn't know better, but I was trying to avoid those Styles as much as I humanly could.
Quote from: "In the old thread, SmashBroPlusB"
The other reason it's HeatSprt and AquaGuts instead of the other way around is because I wanted to avoid the Capcom stereotypes as much as possible. Pairing Custom with Aqua element made Mega Man look like a total girly-man in my opinion. Elec Team also seemed cheap as hell to me because you could just stun a guy then rape him with Guts Shooter. Don't even get me started on Heat Guts, either. That's too much cliche machoness for one guy thank you very much, now wait 200 years and come back with Taurus Fire.

Another reason for the style pairs was that they were based on my real-life BN2 save file. As my first Style, I quickly fell in love with AquaGuts, and for good reason. You don't suffer knockback, standard shots hurt like hell, you charge in literally less than half a second, and your 40-damage Bubbler is a distance attack AND hits two panels. FUCK YES. This also explains why there used to be an ElecShld Style (damn you random number generator!), which was inherently useless. "lol let's stun a guy then HIDE FROM THEM."
In short, although Wood Shield and Elec Custom are "Capcom friendly", it's just a coincidence. I wanted to change around the Styles the best I could, and this is what I came up with.

So yeah, the BN3 style combos you suggested probably won't happen. At all. Ever. :ugeek:

Again, I don't mean to crush your hopes, I just wanted to avoid those particular pairings. I was considering Bug Style for a future update but it would probably be a Normal element class simply to avoid "favoring" a particular element. As far as the attacks go, the Styles pretty much use things like you already suggested (or more AWESOME versions) so I can't really do anything with those either. However, panel effects (if possible) will be added to the fitting Style's folder (for example, LavaStg for HeatSprt and MetalStg for ElecCust). Also, an invisibility attack probably won't be added anytime soon... I've heard enough complaints over the Invis chip, heh heh.

Thanks for the input, though. I welcome future suggestions!

Hey no problem.  I only said those ones because those are what are showed in the artwork, I know people get sick of Heat Guts and Aqua Brother. (I got lucky, my first Guts Style was Aqua.  :cool: )

Shadow's Invis being short I literally ment short btw, may 1 second of invisibility, figured, if Shadow Man can have it why not the style based off him?

If I come up with any other suggestions I'll put them here.

May 01, 2012, 01:07:10 PM
Reply #7

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man Awesome Network ~ Coming Summer 20XX
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »
I'm not sure which of these hands looks the best.

The first one is a direct recolour of Roll's hand, the second is a version Megaman whipped up, and the third is my edit of Megaman's version.
For reference the original Roll hand is on the right.

also fancy project banner woo
credit to MegaRock.exe

EDIT: since Blathers died I've been attempting to re-create all the chips, so future chips will be in the same style

they suck (o_o );

all of Blather's chips are right here
(click to show/hide)

May 02, 2012, 12:32:56 PM
Reply #8

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
Hey, Lan... I feel a Program Advance coming on!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »
DOUBLE POST OF PROGRESS

I made more chips... but I'm not sure if you like my "style". I'd like some input as to how these look. BE HONEST DARN IT

Colours are not an issue because (if you remember) when Blathers still did work we went the "awesome versus accurate" route with the sprite limitations.

also digging up old posts is fun
Quote from: "Musashi-COM"

Elec and Pharaoh revision coming whenever. Maybe.

BTW, is this project thing ever going to take off? I'd like to see a Battle Network Deathmatch mod, with battle chips and special Navi Master weapons that replace the current copyweps.
If you need help with skins, here ya go!

EDIT: added FullCust

May 02, 2012, 12:37:37 PM
Reply #9

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »
Omg, you continue, it's AWESOME!

Iceman looks funny xD

May 02, 2012, 02:19:43 PM
Reply #10

Offline FluffiMasta

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 30, 2012, 03:00:28 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 02:19:43 PM »
Wow, I WILL like it when its finished!

May 02, 2012, 11:49:18 PM
Reply #11

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
Re: Hey, Lan... I feel a Program Advance coming on!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 11:49:18 PM »

What chips are these?

May 02, 2012, 11:53:08 PM
Reply #12

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 11:53:08 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
but what are the things above the chips
navi chips?
Yeah, they're dropped by Net Navis when they're fragged. Trying to sprite a tiny Navi was a lot harder than I thought, but I didn't want to be lazy and just have squares with stars on them like the games do. So, I put their emblems instead.

May 04, 2012, 10:32:45 AM
Reply #13

Offline KillerChair

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2010, 11:27:42 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/pixellerate
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 10:32:45 AM »
Wow... Im actually quite interrested in this project!
Imma be keepin da close eye on dis projectz ;)

June 23, 2012, 12:02:25 AM
Reply #14

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 12:02:25 AM »
[7:41:05 PM] xColdxFusionx: Story of this chat

Megaman did some great sprite work for this and you should all give him praise

These sprites were made when Lego tossed ideas around for a Custom Window.
The idea was eventually scrapped (for now?) but I couldn't let these go to waste.
So, why not just shove 'em up here?

also Roll skin WHEEEEEEEEEE

COMING SOON TO A THEATER NEAR YOU