Advanced Search

Author Topic: Least Favorite Robot Master from Each Game  (Read 47060 times)

September 02, 2016, 01:15:16 PM
Reply #120

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
Re: Least Favorite Robot Master from Each Game
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2016, 01:15:16 PM »
Since I recently actually played through MM3PC, I can now say which Robot Masters are my least favourite (gameplay wise) in that game
I also played through MM10 (as bass, haha), so i can say words about them too

MM10: When playing as Bass, Strike Man was the only boss where "stand still and hold B" didn't work, haha
MM3PC: None of them were really annoying to fight, but Torch, Shark, and Blade had godawful stages. Torch is a maze, and the other two are underwater mazes. The other three guys in the game have pretty decent stages really

(wow, the only classic platformer megamans i have not completed are mm9 and mmpc)

September 03, 2016, 08:22:25 PM
Reply #121

Offline LemonPig

• Standard Member

• Im Chompdoge
  • Date Registered: August 09, 2016, 06:46:02 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2016, 08:22:25 PM »
Hardest RM in MM
1:Guts. LET' WOKR DAT HAUS M8notactually
2:Bubble.JUST WADDUP
3:Hard. his naem sais it all

September 04, 2016, 12:29:56 AM
Reply #122

Offline kirbymariomega

• Justice League Member

• inactive but unforgotten
  • Date Registered: January 07, 2012, 12:49:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2016, 12:29:56 AM »
sure why not

MM1: counting powered up's additions, oil man is my least favorite from 1. if not, then probably guts man; his stage isn't particularly interesting, nor is his design, and his weapon is absolute trash
MM2: i dislike metal man, air man, and wood man a ton each, but my vote probably goes to metal man since his stage is the most tedious in my opinion. i'm very impatient so i always beat flash man before him so i can use time stopper in the beginning of the stage!
MM3: needle man for being a horrible pain to fight
MM4: drill man, i guess? i like him but he's a jerk in battle
MM5: i guess stone man, since he's relatively lame
MM6: yamato man is the least memorable so him
MM7: cloud man, even though i like him a lot
MM8: search man -- he's the only robot master of the games i've played that i've never beaten without his weakness.
MMB: ground man, i guess
MM9: concrete man for being boring, though i stand by that 9's robot master lineup is probably my favorite
MMX: it's probably commando man. his stage was the worst
MMV: mars for being a pain to fight

patterns!

September 04, 2016, 01:00:49 AM
Reply #123

Offline Dittoman

• Standard Member

• It's been how long since I was last here?
  • Date Registered: February 22, 2015, 09:25:04 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2016, 01:00:49 AM »
MM1/MMPU: Guts Man. I swear, his stage somehow got worse in Powered Up.
MM2: I generally like this group, but Wood Man doesn't keep my attention for long. Those goddamned fire-breathing wolves in his stage don't help matters.
MM3: Hard Man. His fight is blatantly bugged (stunned by an earthquake in midair??).
MM4: Ring Man and his goddamned hippos should rot in hell.
MM5: I don't like this group in general. Pretty much the only ones I like are Napalm Man and Charge Man.
MM6: Blizzard Man's weapon sucks. :T
MM7: Spring Man is absolutely ridiculous. Why is he the MM7 representative in Battle and Chase?
MM8: I'm indifferent towards this group; pretty much the only one who I like is Astro Man...
MM&B: So go figure, I absolutely hated fighting Astro Man in this one. All of those goddamned attacks clogging up the screen; how do I not get hit?!
MM9: This group is pretty likeable, but I'm rather indifferent towards Tornado Man. Not helping is that I feel like his theme is lackluster compared to the others.
MM10: I prefer Chill Man's beta artwork (specifically this) than his final design.
MMV: WHOEVER MADE MERCURY AND HIS GRAB BUSTER SHOULD SUFFER

September 04, 2016, 03:13:39 PM
Reply #124

Offline Xhatahx

• Standard Member

• *sregnif sevaelretni* stenet wef a evah I
  • Date Registered: September 03, 2016, 07:21:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2016, 03:13:39 PM »
MM1: Guts Man. A short and boring stage, a way too difficult fight, one of the few bad music tracks in Mega Man history, and a useless weapon.
MM2: Heat Man. A bad weapon, a boring fight, and ARRGH I NEED ITEM 2
MM3: Top Man. He's okay, except for Top Spin. No explanation needed.
MM4: Dive Man. Water gravity, moving spikes, Moby, a very spinny(?) weapon, and Dive Man's fight is too hard.
MM5: Wave Man. Okay, what's Megaman's main ability? Taking other Robot Masters weapons. Fucking Wave Man takes this ability away. The first part of his stage is an obstacle course and isn't that bad. Then there's the wave bike section. Hoo boy. And then there's Wave Man's repetitive boss fight. He's weak to Charge Kick(actually a pretty good weapon), but you can't kick through his water spouts. His weapon's okay.
MM6: Plant Man. He's okay, except for Plant Ba- Wait, what?

September 09, 2016, 04:06:23 AM
Reply #125

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 03, 2014, 10:59:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2016, 04:06:23 AM »
And, another mountain of text!

Guts Man's music isn't that bad, the sound engine they used in MM1-2 was fairly ordinary (as proven by the MM2 Ultra hack which borrows a few tunes from the other games, and a few X ones as well). Sounds a bit better in the Wily Wars (not a fan of the remixed version from the arcade games and PS1/2 ports). That said, Guts Man in a boss room with no Guts Blocks to stand on and one or two hits worth of energy left after taking on three bosses back to back (did Fire Man go on a Fire Storm rampage or did you mistime a jump through the Ice Slashers? Or both) with no energy refills in between? Now that fight is a total coin flip, and back to Bomb Man's chamber if you lose (jump away from me, Guts Man!!!! *Two Guts Blocks to face back to back with nowhere to dodge*), or to Wily with next to no energy if you win (thanks for the large WEAPON energy near the door of the final boss, Capcom!).

Heat Man's stage only sucks for one thing, and one thing alone. The fact that it's almost impossible to jump out of a block when there's one immediately above you due to the way the game engine works (same problem happens in Elec Man's stage, where a large energy capsule is located) - walls are made of solid, square 8x8 or 16x16 pixel (can't remember) blocks and Megaman's hitbox does not clip through the edges whatsoever, unlike Mario games for example (they changed this slightly in the Wily Wars) - that and if you were in the exact same spot when it appeared, you will be pushed off to the side and most likely to your death. The Atomic Fire is only bad for the energy it uses when fully charged, and the fact that the uncharged shot is worse than your own buster shot, being not only slower in that it doesn't fire until you let go of the button, but can only have two shots on screen, making it even worse than useless for people who never though to hold the button down for a good number of seconds to beat Wood Man in 1-2 hits, most newbies just spam the fire button like they would with Metal Blades, see the two tiny fireballs which do practically no damage to anything, bosses and all, and think it's a really crap weapon). At least they got it right in Megaman 4 with the Pharaoh shot.

Top Spin sucks against bosses, and the entirety of Hard Man's stage (save for the monkeys). You can blame Capcom for that. Megaman should be completely invincible while spinning, and the Top Spin should only count for one hit when it connects with an enemy or boss, not once per frame while both you and Shadow Man (who is invincible after the first hit connects) are jumping all over the place. They fixed this in the Wily Wars, although you still get damaged if you are in contact with an enemy who doesn't die in one hit (Shadow, Top, Doc Heat, Doc Crash; don't think any regular enemies hurt you while you're spinning unless they are immune).

Dive Man can be beaten just by spamming the buster and hopping over him (don't jump high or he will throw the missiles at you or charge into you before you can land). Buster shots take out the Dive Missiles too, so if you're not in the air, he will fire them straight across the screen (a charged shot can take out more than one since it goes through them). I do agree with one thing though, the Skull Barrier is all but useless against him, most of the time the missiles take out your shield before you can hit him or you take collision damage because he decided to smash into you, although the same can be said about Gravity and Tomahawk as well. The Dive Missile isn't that good either, it either does 1 point of damage to enemies or it circles around them forever until it finally hits it. It really is only useful for beating Drill Man (and the hippos in Ring Man's stage, if you don't have the Pharaoh Shot or Flash Stopper). Whatever it can do, Pharaoh/Drills/Rings/Dust can usually do it better. Even the Rain Flush for that matter.

Agree 100% with Wave Man and his stage. It was so bad it made a second appearance on the Game Gear, which really does have the worst Megaman music in history, and they didn't even give Wave Man's stage the correct music despite it being in the game! At least they didn't have Charge Man in there. Or Quick Man, considering his stage was there in full.

September 13, 2016, 06:37:52 PM
Reply #126

Offline LemonPig

• Standard Member

• Im Chompdoge
  • Date Registered: August 09, 2016, 06:46:02 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2016, 06:37:52 PM »
Since I recently actually played through MM3PC, I can now say which Robot Masters are my least favourite (gameplay wise) in that game
I also played through MM10 (as bass, haha), so i can say words about them too

MM10: When playing as Bass, Strike Man was the only boss where "stand still and hold B" didn't work, haha
MM3PC: None of them were really annoying to fight, but Torch, Shark, and Blade had godawful stages. Torch is a maze, and the other two are underwater mazes. The other three guys in the game have pretty decent stages really

(wow, the only classic platformer megamans i have not completed are mm9 and mmpc)
strike man is litterally eaz for me even with bass or mm(proto makes it easier than crab puncher in eazy mode with bass and commmando bomb(thats easy!))

September 22, 2016, 02:05:45 PM
Reply #127

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2016, 02:05:45 PM »
I managed to get Guts Man stuck in the teleporter two days ago during the Wily stage rematch (his first jump was immediately in the air to throw a Guts Block as programmed, then followed by three forward jumps, one Guts Block, then more forward jumps; not once did he jump away). That became an unwinnable fight, as the ground shook constantly and Megaman couldn't stand up at all in order to fire. As Guts Man couldn't jump due to being stuck inside the teleporter, it counted as him jumping and landing simultaneously.

September 23, 2016, 04:48:09 AM
Reply #128

Offline PacManFan

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 05, 2014, 03:49:42 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2016, 04:48:09 AM »
As far as I can remember, at least by difficulty levels...
-Elec Man
-Quick Man
-Aqua Man
-Bright Man
-Slash Man

...That's all I remember from the top of my head.

September 23, 2016, 05:03:01 PM
Reply #129

Offline MegaVile

• Standard Member

• [Necromancer of Saxton Hale]
  • Date Registered: August 06, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2016, 05:03:01 PM »
As far as I can remember, at least by difficulty levels...
-Elec Man
-Quick Man
-Aqua Man
-Bright Man
-Slash Man

...That's all I remember from the top of my head.
Did you just do it because of Roahmmythril, or is it coincidence.
Anyways time for my least fav list.

MM1: Iceman. No revenge strategy, also bad footholders, BAD!
MM2: Heatman. I NEED, AIRMAN!!
MM3: Needle Man. Hard to hit with his weakness, hits hard, etc.
MM4: Toadman. not the boss, but just the stage mostly that Escargoo. If we are talking about the boss itself I vote Bright Man.
MM5: Actually did not play it.
MM6: Knight Man. Nice stage, but hard boss imo.
MM7: Slash Man. Dinos, HOP N SLASH MAN IS DEVIL.
MM8: I played the FC, and I need to say uh, had trouble with tengu man. No flinch and no voice telegraphs is hard.
MM9: Plug Man. No. Not the blocks. NOT THE BLOCKS!
MM10: Chill Man, I always have trouble with the buger.
MMV: Never played.
MMB (1 & 2): Never played.
MMK: Never played their games. Sorry. But in MM10 I would say enker. Gave me TOO MUCH TROUBLE SINCE I DIDNT HAVE B.CRACKER
(FAN GAMES INCOMIN)
RF: Charade Man. NOOOOOOOO!
Unlimited: Yoku Man. Do I need to say it?
Eternal: Clamp Man.
That's all for now...

September 24, 2016, 07:25:54 AM
Reply #130

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2016, 07:25:54 AM »
Just don't go to Heat Man's stage with the Buster and Air Shooter (and Item-2) only. Tellies can get annoying fast if you can't shoot downwards! More annoying is the fact that they are also immune to the Bubble Lead which can shoot straight down from those high platforms (yet it can destroy a Springer, go figure).

The snail on Toad Man's stage is easy once you get the hang of it. Don't jump unless absolutely necessary and the eye attack becomes nothing (of course, don't get stuck under the waterfall either as you won't be able to jump high under it, which they forgot about out in MM5 when the same water gimmick was used in Napalm Man's stage). Of course, sliding off the edge into the bottomless pit would also suck so still be careful.

Knight Man is like Bomb Man to me, he just jumps around a bit and throws his weapon occasionally. I have way more trouble with Tomahawk and Centaur (no, I still can't get that pattern, he always freezes me and lands that cheap shot).

The large dinosaur in Slash Man's stage is a piece of cake if you grind the Junk Shield into its mouth before it even has the chance to corner you. Slash Man however is still Slash Man and it all comes down to luck on how many times that red stuff lands right on your head or just in front of you to stick you to the ground. Much like Air Man as a matter of fact - it's not the boss but the projectiles. If it was Slash Man jumping around and using the Slash Claw only, a piece of cake, probably even easier than Ring Man's pattern. If only a Robot Master weapon could destroy the red stuff (e.g. burn it with Scorch Wheel, which was his alternate weakness anyway). The X series sort of fiddles with that type of gameplay, for example using the Boomerang Cutter against Launch Octopus at the start despite it not being his weakness, and 7 actually does do it but only to make things harder for you (e.g. Thunder Bolt against Spring/Turbo). Probably the worst thing about 7 is the disproportionate invincibility each boss has e.g. Junk Man and Burst Man lose their invincibility frames almost instantly and can be hit much faster (as does Spark Mandrill from X1 when being frozen), yet Spring and Slash take forever to recover, and your own invincibility only lasts for about half a second, way less than the NES games.

October 04, 2016, 08:15:36 PM
Reply #131

Offline Pegg

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• 【I AM THE MACHINE】
  • Date Registered: September 21, 2016, 03:32:00 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »
The only one I don't like is Crash Man

Well then.

Anyways, just a disclaimer, I like the majority of the robot masters. There's only a few I really hate.

MM1 - Bomb Man: I dunno, I feel he has one of the weakest robot master designs in the entire series. Hyper Bomb is also garbage.
MM2 - Wood Man: Nothing really wrong with him, just one of the weaker designs of MM2.
MM3 - Spark Man: Again, nothing really wrong with him. Really pathetic fight though, and Spark Shock is really only useful for Magnet.
MM4 - Ring Man: Why would you make a robot specifically for combat based off of rings?! At least he's actually good at combat.
MM5 - Wave Man: I love the Poseidon aesthetic, but the boss fight is a joke and Water Wave even more so.
MM6 - Flame Man: Same with Wood and Spark, just one of the weaker designs of MM6.
MM7 - Cloud Man: Really dopey looking. Thunder Bolt's a good weapon though.
MM8 - Clown Man: SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS.
MM&B - Dynamo Man: Seriously, fuck Dynamo Man. Obnoxious fight, obnoxious design, and- Wait, this guy was made to assist CHILDREN?!
MM9 - Jewel Man: ha gheyyyy
MM10 - Pump Man: Sheep Man is cool, having a pump-head isn't.
MMV - Venus: Weird design, weirder weapon.

October 05, 2016, 06:09:09 AM
Reply #132

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2016, 06:09:09 AM »
Spark Shock isn't even that useful on Magnet Man, he's easy enough to perfect every time due to the pattern, takes 2 damage from the buster, and Shadow Blades can take him out while he's in the air throwing his Magnet Missiles. Not only that, even his own weapon is even better to use in the rematch, despite doing 4 damage instead of 7 (moot if he does nothing but the magnet pull every time). The only time I use Spark Shock is to freeze the Bikky twins on Wily 3 and hit the cannon on the Wily Machine, since it's faster than using Hard Knuckles.

Spark Man is nothing, the only difficult part of the fight is navigating the boss room itself, as with Flash Man. On flat ground, all he would do is slowly hop towards you like an idiot, fire the odd Spark Shock combo now and then, and be taken down in no time. He doesn't have the Guts Man/Hard Man stun effect and his shots don't deflect yours like Air Man or Wood Man, and he doesn't have the speed or jumping ability of Quick Man (or Needle Man), nor does his Spark Shock affect you in any way besides the minor damage it does (IIRC one of them was meant to freeze you in place like Megaman's version does, but it never made it into the game, otherwise the effect would have been somewhat similar to Bright Man or Dark Man 3, where you're open to the next attack or collision damage - I'd say the small shots would have done it, leaving you open to eat the 'charged' Spark Shock which always follows).