Advanced Search

Author Topic: Classic megaman,in 3D gammeplay?  (Read 12018 times)

December 05, 2014, 03:05:34 PM
Read 12018 times

Offline darkzero779

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 02, 2014, 01:43:54 AM

• View Profile
    • http://darkzeroprojects.deviantart.com/
Classic megaman,in 3D gammeplay?
« on: December 05, 2014, 03:05:34 PM »
:| This has been something In the gaming world Ive been very VERY silent to say anything of
without being berated,trolled,or downright looked down on for my perspective,which only
DARKENS most of my Grim and negative views.

I have a personal Idea for some fangame of megaman,the classic series i mean.
HOWEVER,I have something Diffrent sort of idea,something I personaly feel it should of done,instead of leaving legends alone to be the 3D Megaman series that is a "jump" to 3D.

Making a classic series 3d game.
NONE OF THAT 3D PLAYING AS 2D,or 2.5D!!a 3D 3rd person adventure game(3rd per shoter,3d platforming adventure whatever <3 )
(note:I have nothing against 2.5D games most time,but in my perspective,it makes the 3d aspect lazy,might as well use 2D graphics period than making 3d and make it function like 2D,but that's just me,don't take offensively k? :.)

formulas I imagine?
Well...what do you feel or think of Classic megaman getting a 3D game
Do ya think things like:
.if 3D should be a super mario 64 formula
.Mario 3d land(to be a 3d game functioning as a 2D game?)as a base template for classic megaman formula to be proper in 3d game?

.have the old robot masters be part of some special mode?

.use weapons similar as super mario3d games powerups(but have diffrent function than be mere gimmiks.)

Tell me your thoughts and feel of this in my mind and urge to learn unity
and getting the ripped model of megaman from smash bros
(smash bros megaman model,is my main drive to learn 3d game making,to get a fangame as i want,itll be hell!But If i can find tricks to manage things like,model parts of megaman with hands and buster parts...then ill manage.)

Ill check the conversations and such now an then,as im still learning abit of things,suffering procrastination,and creative ADD(As I can interpret it as,idk whats my deal.)
And mainly Ive been neglecting alot of forms of stuff..

..oh and digital art and stuff..

little attempt to make "rules"(note im not one to be clear of my words.If what I say sofar,make not sense,or interpreted wrongly...then I apologies,I tend to lack sense most of the time.)
                                          Please,do not:
-dont be a troll,hater,or asshole
-if you hate the idea,give me good reasons,not stupid ones,or none(X7 is why,it take yrs,its harder for 16 bit fangames than 8 bit,and other examples...to me there no excuse when i see some 116 bit fangames and projects done.)
-spam something off topic(unless relating games for this formula im suggesting)
-focus on the ideas just for the sub seres(im referring to the classic,only exception if your thinking their elements work with this.)

.sorry for any grammar errors,or misspells,rly need to work on my typing/writting -_-'

December 05, 2014, 03:48:13 PM
Reply #1

Offline PressStart

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 03:06:04 PM

• View Profile
    • http://minimega.tumblr.com/
Re: Classic megaman,in 3D gammeplay?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 03:48:13 PM »
I think a lot of people would love this, but aren't sure how to properly go about it. If you have an idea, go for it; if you can make it work, people will take notice.

December 05, 2014, 04:24:22 PM
Reply #2

Offline darkzero779

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 04:24:22 PM »
Quote from: "PressStart"
I think a lot of people would love this, but aren't sure how to properly go about it. If you have an idea, go for it; if you can make it work, people will take notice.
are ya sure,I tbh,feel people would be on me for not getting something right.
or something...that and knowing the fanbases of...sigh
nearly all famous mascotts or game console industries,and indies...
I feel what game i try to make,be hated cuz,it aint a megaman game..
or stupid reasons like,8 bit is where classic belongs

btw on a note,i kinda feel that "Graphics dont matter,if gameplay is good"

I watched a review marrathon of someonecallmejohnnys classic series reviews
1-10 plus Wilywars,and MM&base...
when he mentioned about how people felt of graphics reverted...
and saying such....and when seeing sonic booms graphics hated
and for few understanding reasons...I feel that
That saying "Graphics dosent matter,if gameplay gose well" to me is rendered mute.

idk if its off topic...Either way,I feel that It should be tried

though one thing I am wondering what software i can use easily than other
for 3D game making..
What formula to use for the game?
What to put in what to not
how to make it intrest some,not millions but some fans who wanted a 3d game and classic megaman action with new stuff?

I am wanting to doodle and write concepts...if people like to share abit of theirs too ,i welcome here to ...
cuz since the smash bros design of blue bomber,he needs his current design in a 3d game or 2 now ,in my book.

yeah,the way to go to it,be confusing

December 05, 2014, 05:06:32 PM
Reply #3

Offline PressStart

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 03:06:04 PM

• View Profile
    • http://minimega.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »
A few others (including me!) were remarking how cool Mega Man and trophies from his series looked in Super Smash Bros., so I think a lot of fans would be on board for that look/art style in a full 3D game. It certainly is exciting to think about!

When it comes to making 3D games... I'm not sure myself where the best place to start is. I've personally never had success yet starting any project in 3D, although Unity or Unreal Engine seems like the right path. Hopefully someone with real experience will post and give some useful suggestions.

As long as you have a solid proof of concept gameplay-wise, the graphics won't matter at first. Graphics are important in the long run (and even in the short if you're trying to get the word out/raise awareness), but making the game actually functional and enjoyable should be the primary concern.

December 05, 2014, 05:27:53 PM
Reply #4

Offline darkzero779

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »
Ahh...I see then...
I hope to learn from a few ebooks to begin in Unity

Also am hoping to make prototypes with megaman smash model

I seen it available as a source filmmaker model
so,its possible they might be a model available

but wish it was now,cuz,i dubt i extracted the sfm files off the megaman model right

since i suck at xtracting files off of stuff at times

wish the guy who extracted em off smash bros 3ds had the model
in the models resource...that way i can get started studying .

that and i do need to know if
"the model has seperate model pieces like megaman hands,busters as seperate parts,and all in  a file,then I need to know the tricks how to make em all work like in games such as smash if such model with crazy bits of parts exist."

tbh I think the 3ds vr is one id start,since my pc is old and crappy
....and stil....due to family isuse on finance,and my paypal not getting much
Im hopin to get a new pc so i can be on it more

sorry for shitty typing..

anyway on the subject.
I originaly think of 2 formulas from Mario
.Super mario 64:making megaman go through a hub world,with few exploring areas,obtains special orbs though a mini boss,number set of missions in several stages,obtain bolts for currency,jump,shoot,slide,robot masters part of some final mission..etc..

or
.Super Mario 3D LAnd/3D World:while not nintendos best idea,and not orignal,but the idea it gives to play like a 2d game on a 3d plane without needing to be pure 2d action in 3d setting,is intresting,and i imagine mega able to do all mario did,but in his gameplay astetics of enemies,abilities,or bosses but with
the forumla add

December 05, 2014, 11:04:21 PM
Reply #5

Offline DMGUYDZ64

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 14, 2014, 10:15:12 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »
Actually i remember playing a 3D Megaman game called Megaman 3D,it had 2 Seasons,and Also a Half-Life Mod called MegaMan X .....

If you're planning to make a Megaman fangame,i'll be waiting :D
EDIT : Btw i'm showing you these things as Point of view of how a Megaman Fangame Should look like,you decide ...

December 06, 2014, 09:52:33 PM
Reply #6

Offline darkzero779

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 09:52:33 PM »
i seen the megaman 3d game below...tbh,I think its interesting...
and the mmx 3d seems intresting
but i have a slightly DIFFERENT visual & Astetic set in mind..

what itll come out as,idk if itll happen,and i will..but some issue sim having on learning processes keep occurring.

December 08, 2014, 09:50:07 AM
Reply #7

Offline DMGUYDZ64

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 14, 2014, 10:15:12 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 09:50:07 AM »
Quote from: "darkzero779"
i seen the megaman 3d game below...tbh,I think its interesting...
and the mmx 3d seems intresting
but i have a slightly DIFFERENT visual & Astetic set in mind..

what itll come out as,idk if itll happen,and i will..but some issue sim having on learning processes keep occurring.
You know,MMX Mod for Half-Life is no longer in developement,and Valve allowed people to create their own games using Half-Life 1's GoldSRC Engine,so you may create a Megaman 3D Game with GoldSRC Engine's great graphics,it would be amazing,since the Mod in the Video no longer works with Current version of Half-Life ,and you can just create your own game using Half-Life's engine "GoldSRC" or Half-Life 2 Engine "Source" (Not Mod for the game) ..
* Or if you already created the Main engine ,then keep going ... :)
Oh and By the way :D = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVeFM8O_G28

December 14, 2014, 08:14:57 AM
Reply #8

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 03, 2014, 10:59:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 08:14:57 AM »
A BMP file in 2014? PNG or nothing, people. :)

Seriously though, while it sounds good to think of it, I don't think it would work too well when it comes to vertical sections, like the above Quick Man stage. Yes, you can climb things in Mario 64 (trees, flag poles etc.), but it generally doesn't seem to have the same feel to it as climbing or jumping from a ladder in the 2D platformers. X can double jump and wall-jump (or at least scale walls) similar to Mario, but the classic games didn't have that option - the items (notably, Rush) were the only thing to help Megaman through the game courses (and are in fact required in later stages once the 6 or 8 bosses are defeated). I would be more happy with a 2D/3D game like Powered Up with HD graphics (but not the cutesy graphics or music), maybe in the style of the Mario 3D series, the NES sprites have been done to death. MM7 was probably the best game in the classic series as far as graphics goes (MM8/MM&B had that pseudo-3D style which I just couldn't get used to).

December 14, 2014, 06:10:39 PM
Reply #9

Offline darkzero779

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 06:10:39 PM »
cant expect it to feel 100% the same.I know that...
Also
I would have done it...sadly

January 30, 2015, 02:39:28 PM
Reply #10

Offline darkzero779

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 02:39:28 PM »
Seriously though, while it sounds good to think of it, I don't think it would work too well when it comes to vertical sections, like the above Quick Man stage.  I would be more happy with a 2D/3D game like Powered Up with HD graphics (but not the cutesy graphics or music), maybe in the style of the Mario 3D series, the NES sprites have been done to death. MM7 was probably the best game in the classic series as far as graphics goes (MM8/MM&B had that pseudo-3D style which I just couldn't get used to).[/quote]
"
Seriously though, while it sounds good to think of it, I don't think it would work too well when it comes to vertical sections, like the above Quick Man stage"

Well It could be a issue knowing there...but If I do,Ill figure something out...
but if not,ill make a Fan made Rm.

"Yes, you can climb things in Mario 64 (trees, flag poles etc.), but it generally doesn't seem to have the same feel to it as climbing or jumping from a ladder in the 2D platformers."
The Ladders will be there,I didnt say Id replace those :)

" X can double jump and wall-jump (or at least scale walls) similar to Mario, but the classic games didn't have that option - the items (notably, Rush) were the only thing to help Megaman through the game courses (and are in fact required in later stages once the 6 or 8 bosses are defeated)."

Understandable,but I do not intend to make a triple jump for classic megaman...
Id make a double jump sillar to Smash.And Its actually Bass who double jumps not X.
And If I did so,I would have rush set to place ya cant double jump to and can use to make a extra boost while doing the 2nd jump mid air...so that way youd reach that certain ara with a item,or misc goodies.

" I would be more happy with a 2D/3D game like Powered Up with HD graphics (but not the cutesy graphics or music), maybe in the style of the Mario 3D series, the NES sprites have been done to death. MM7 was probably the best game in the classic series as far as graphics goes (MM8/MM&B had that pseudo-3D style which I just couldn't get used to)."

Dont like Powered up...And thats just a 3D game playing like the 2D games...Something I feel Is done abit alot and not comfortable with.

and I wasent rly refering to making em like marios games....but definatly can see what you mean.
It would help add mesh...
tbh...Super mario bros to me seems like  2d platformers guide to level design and stuff..

but to me,Id like a 3D platformer to be a example.And guide,if its a good one,or even old and dated as super mario 64.then Id want that be done so.lol

I rly like the quality of megaman and bass and 8 Yeah the 3d stuff is bothersome but the sprites quality and animations of the enemies Robot masters and stuff were awesome.
megaman was my problem,how he was done in them...
bass i have no probs with.

March 13, 2015, 12:18:05 AM
Reply #11

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 12:18:05 AM »
I will copy/paste what i have posted on capcom unity:

Mar 12, 2015 -- 8:12AM, Roberto wrote:

<Two years left for the 30th Megaman Anniversary.

If they (Capcom) want to do a new megaman series, they need to use elements from Megaman Classic or X mixed with 3D style and some new interesting concepts from the previous series (except for Battle Network and Starforce, that are RPG), and need to release THIS megaman game to Wii U or 3DS. I should ask to you: Do you think that Capcom hates Wii U because it's a failure? Then why they created Super Adventure Rockman and Megaman 8 (I know that there are a PSX version) for Sega Saturn, knowing that this will fail. Just look for Megaman from Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U, it's so amazing. I have my doubts about Capcom's weird decisions.

If there are a Megaman game for 3DS, i could imagine Megaman Battle Network or Starforce sequels or remakes, but only the future say. And about Wii U, Capcom could use the Smash Bros model version of megaman for make Megaman 11. I don't believe that Capcom will continue the Megaman X series because X7 and X8 are a failure (correct me if i'm wrong).

Anyway, Xover was a big failure, i love the concept of using the previous enemies and bosses for the game, but the execution, gameplay and the use of IOs becomes horrible. CAPCOM SHOULD LEARN THIS WITH SONIC GENERATIONS, WHICH WAS A NOSTALGIC AND GOOD GAME!!>

ME:
It's exactly what I think! A mix between the 2 heroes created by Dr Light, could be awesome, with a 2D/3D system like Sonic Generations by exemple, and a story like that (around), could be very nice!!!
And yeah, Star Force and ZX had the worst sales of the series, but even if i like a lot MM Battle network (and his good sales = 600 000 for 1 game on GBA), i think, we need really to reboot the franchise with a MMclassic/X game! and must continue like that for a moment (with Classic, X and MAYBE, later, Legend?)
MMX7 and X8 were fun but could be really better with a bette engine!
And sorry for the ZX fans, but we are NOT megaman, only the blue bomber are, it makes what is a megaman games ;)

AND => MMZ and ZX are like Dragon Ball GT, we can make it like, story canceled with a new X9 and others.....via a story who modify the timeline!!! A story or something when the Data of the brain of MMX could survive and be back by a miracle Capsule of Light (lol).
Anyways, yeah, like the others horoes of some others franchises, i want X to be alive to have new adventures. Could be nice to have a MMX classes for mm8bdm, All Hail Megaman X. plz

March 21, 2015, 08:36:41 PM
Reply #12

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 03, 2014, 10:59:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 08:36:41 PM »
IMO, Megaman looks too robotic in Smash Bros. U, as weird as that sounds. If someone shrunk the heads in the Powered Up version, I would be happy with that (look at Maverick Hunter X on the PSP as a comparison).

March 21, 2015, 10:41:02 PM
Reply #13

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 10:41:02 PM »
While this might seem like a shameless plug, if you're looking for Classic Megaman Gameplay in 3D for MM8BDM, there is a mod in progress for it called MMWorld. It attempts to recreate the entire stage + boss at the end thing. Though I would enjoy seeing an official one made by Capcom.

March 22, 2015, 01:04:00 AM
Reply #14

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 01:04:00 AM »
With a nextgen engine, yeah;...not only in 8 bit. (:
It could be awesome.......

Rockman Online seems to be only a 2D gameplay, +3D, it could be perfect.