Advanced Search

Author Topic: Rockman Battle Arena  (Read 12994 times)

March 15, 2015, 04:08:54 AM
Reply #30

Offline KhMaIBQ

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 07, 2015, 06:41:02 PM

• View Profile
Re: Rockman Battle Arena
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 04:08:54 AM »
Quote from: "TheDoc"
I would say
Enemy Respawn Slow: 8 seconds
Enemy Respawn Normal: 5 seconds
Enemy Respawn Fast: 2-3 seconds
Player Hit Time Short: 0.25-0.5 seconds
Player Hit Time Normal: 0.75 seconds
Player Hit Time Long: 1 second

1.) Keep in mind that people are gonna be fighting and jumping all over the place immediately after the enemy's been killed/player's been shot, not just standing next to each other button-mashing the Megabuster. Also, quite a few weapons are not spammable enough to take advantage of that.
2.) If you slightly increased the classic hit time because the original was too slow, wouldn't you want to set that for normal speed and not short? If what is short now is your preferable hit time, can you imagine anyone wanting to play Long?
3.) You're also going to have varying health, up to 300%. Currently, I wouldn't want to play 300% on any of those hit time settings because it would take much too long. Don't forget it's also very easy to get health items if enemies are on.

I would actually suggest a None setting for hit time. Kinda like Sudden Death mode on SSB, it'd be really fun (imo) to play that as a quick thing. Also gives more use to 300% health.

I guess the other issue with having very short hit times is the fact that you can die in about 7 hits with some characters. It will definitely take a good amount of balance testing to find the right value. I will definitely keep in mind with what you are saying here during the balancing process.