Advanced Search

Author Topic: Special Classes Add-on (Version 3.2)  (Read 28474 times)

October 24, 2012, 02:15:18 AM
Read 28474 times

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
Special Classes Add-on (Version 3.2)
« on: October 24, 2012, 02:15:18 AM »

DOWNLOAD LINK (NEW VERSION! 3.2)
Mediafire
Also listedn on Best. Ever.

About

This special mod adds 16 classes to MM8BDM, each one with a minor buff or debuff in movement and with its unique buster type. There is no backstory, In-Character wise. But, Out-of-Character, there is a rather amusing one. Back in the days that Yellow Devil's Classes were being made, I had the brilliant idea of making a TF2 Classes for MM8BDM. So, for that, I had made the projectile sprites, but had no team to help me make skins or to code the Medigun (Mind you I still don't have patience to figure how to do a Medigun).

After a long while after this concept of TF2 classes were scrapped, I found the sprites there, in a folder, still waiting to be sliced. So, the first thing that came to my mind was "Would be a shame to trash it, right?". And then, the first version was made, with only the first five buster mods. The list grew as I came to have more ideas on weapons and had plenty of time to spare. And coding this and even spriting was my way of having fun! Now, it is as you see below. A long list of classes that, due to being mostly decorate, works with virtually anything.

Current Classes
    Neutral: Just like the typical Megaman, except it features a redesigned projectile and that the speed and damage values were rounded.
    Spread: Pretty much gives a "shotgun buster". True Doom fans knows that a shotgun is the player's best friend.
    Rapid: Is much like Bass Buster, except it has a narrower horizontal spread and a wider vertical spread.
    Pierce: This one rips right through multiple enemies. However don't expect easy frags with this.
    Power: This thing packs quite a punch! At SV_Fastweapons 2, you can pretty much FLY with it!
    Melee: As name implies, a short ranged class. Roc threw the idea.
    Stealth: This one features a rare way to become invisible and later visible again. But you can only shoot while invisible. The projectiles are 50% faster than the Neutral Buster
    Seeker: Fires a slow, seeking beam. It's better suited to detect enemies around the corner or to attack people in that hard to reach spot.
    Beam: creates a beam out of small shots. If the enemy dies before all the projectiles hit, the remaining ones will continue onward!
    Sonic: Fires a buster that bounces against the wall only once. Usefull for surprising someone from behind.
    Fusion: NUCLEAR FUSION! MWAHAHAH! Well... This one has a shot that gets weaker as it hits, being able to hit three times (or one time if the enemy is at full health).
    Grenade: Lob grenades over obstacles and pray it hits them on the head! The explosion method prevents damage fall off.
    Illusion: Udonge, anyone? The projectile "stops" and "phases" out of reality for a while, before splitting into two. the explosion created by it can hit you four times. Watch out. Same explosion method as above.
    Flame: Flamethrower lovers may use this a lot. The bigger the fire, the higher the damage.
    Sniper: BOOM! HEADSHOT! It may leave you open for attack a bit, but you can always charge (Which will also zoom in) for some extra power and speed. Upon full charge, it can hit its target as fast as a railgun.
    Phoenix: I'd say this is OP to some extent. The particles it leaves behind causes damage, its flame causes damage and guess what? Should someone get hurt by this, the owner of the Phoenix will get a lil of health back!

Desperation Mode

Once their health is reduced to 25% or less, they enter the desperation state. During that state, the secondary fire activates the Desperation Mode, that lasts for ten seconds and allows stronger attacks. However, this is getting implemented yet, so all the desperations below are prone to change. A common trait is that all the Desperation Mode projectiles are red and that the presence of particles around the afflicted user announces their condition.

Neutral: Stronger and faster buster shots.
    Spread: The dispersion cone is reduced, the projectiles cause more damage, being able to two-shot at point blank, and the projectile speed is increased.
    Rapid: All the dispersion is removed, fire rate and damage are increased.
    Pierce: At close range, it can one-shot an enemy. Out of that, the projectile travels much faster with damage increase.
    Power: Can one shot, doesn't have recoil and gets increased fire rate.
    Melee: Unleashes three wind blades in a narrow spread. Can one-shot at point blank.
    Stealth: Disappears completly and gains a slightly invisible projectile that causes more damage.
    Seeker: Unleashes three seeking daggers that can ricochet off the walls at least once.
    Beam: Fires a longer, broader and stronger beam.
    Sonic: A burst of three projectiles that can bounce twice and can bounce off actors.
    Fusion: Fires a slow but lethal ripping projectile that bursts into eight small but strong projectiles upon hitting a wall.
    Grenade: The grenade now burst into small clusters that too explodes.
    Illusion: It lost its exploding capabilities... But still can blow the mind of the opponents. Before becoming solid again, it locks into a target. And know what else? Now it can come from BEHIND the enemy too!
    Flame: These dark flames lingers on surfaces for a while, causing ripping damage to anyone who tries to cross it.
    Sniper: Think of it as a 10-seconds IG Railgun, but without the spiral. Sweet, ain't it?
    Phoenix: Fire projectiles at a higher rate and spawns a flame where you stand.

Compatibility

Classes mod (Works, confirmed in Tornado's server)
    Roboenza
    Rage Roboenza
    Default Game Mode (Works perfectly)

In short, might work with anything, as long as no actor or sprite have the same name as those within it and as long as it is the last PK3/WAD loaded, because it only adds classes without removing any existing one.

Changes Possibility
    The next release (which I will start working on after MM8 Expansion is officially released) will be split into two non-crossover (Won't work with each other, but will work with anything else) versions. 3.3 for the current scheme (Overdrive/Desperation in the altfire) and 4.0 for the new one.
    4.0 and above will ditch the overdrive and desperation completely, and will use ammo regeneration system for the main busters with a different alt fire for each. Eg: Sniper's altfire will become a "scope", rather than forcing scope by charging. In addition to that, some huds will be changed
    Desperations will be renamed into Overdrive, and will be charged by frags. -OR- Desperations will require your health is Less or equal to 50%, and will give you a defense boost for the duration of the Desperation
    Since I learned an amusing new trick, I might make it so the weapons uses ammo regeneration system and the bar doesn't use SBARINFO. How is this possible? Ask Doomero...  :D

October 24, 2012, 02:38:07 AM
Reply #1

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
Re: Special Classes Add-on (Version 3.2)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 02:38:07 AM »
This looks interesting. Maybe I'll check it out later.

Question, though: Is seeker like a Magnet Missile in its "seeking" capabilities, or is it more akin to the all powerful Dive Missile?

October 24, 2012, 02:44:21 AM
Reply #2

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »
Quote from: "Magnet Dood"
This looks interesting. Maybe I'll check it out later.

Question, though: Is seeker like a Magnet Missile in its "seeking" capabilities, or is it more akin to the all powerful Dive Missile?
The later, albeit amazingly weak.

October 24, 2012, 03:12:07 AM
Reply #3

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:12:07 AM »
These classes look pretty cool, actually! Downloading, and I'm just saying that I like the idea of a desperation.

Maybe the desperation could last only 5 seconds, but auto-trigger on low health?
Alternatively, the desperation could slowly charge over time. Gaining frags would give players "charge" faster.
The way I see it, they're similar to Bombs from the Touhou series...

also can I dissect this and use it for evil

October 24, 2012, 03:18:12 AM
Reply #4

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:18:12 AM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
These classes look pretty cool, actually! Downloading, and I'm just saying that I like the idea of a desperation.

Maybe the desperation could last only 5 seconds, but auto-trigger on low health?
Alternatively, the desperation could slowly charge over time. Gaining frags would give players "charge" faster.
The way I see it, they're similar to Bombs from the Touhou series...

also can I dissect this and use it for evil
Ohohoh, you... well, some desperations would be useless if they lasted five seconds. Perhaps I could use a "armor bonus" for desperation. As for frag bonus, it would require me to mess with a root class (Megaman), so it is not a good idea...

But, yes, anything I make is for public and free use.

October 24, 2012, 05:10:54 AM
Reply #5

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Zard1084
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 05:10:54 AM »
Tsuki you clever clever person you  :ugeek:

October 24, 2012, 08:49:08 AM
Reply #6

Offline -Daiki-TheOni

• Standard Member

• Honor, love and justice... thats what i need.
  • Date Registered: December 04, 2011, 08:25:43 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 08:49:08 AM »
Tsukiyomaru0,please:
Make a topic of "MegaDisc_of_tron v1.1" (O_O)
All your mods are pretty cool.

October 24, 2012, 09:14:47 AM
Reply #7

Offline JaxOf7

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 23, 2011, 03:56:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 09:14:47 AM »
Quote from: "tsukiyomaru0"
As for frag bonus, it would require me to mess with a root class (Megaman), so it is not a good idea...
Can use an ACS Death script.
Also I consider frag bonuses and staying alive to be more depthful than getting beat up, going berserk, and dying to get it back.

October 24, 2012, 03:29:57 PM
Reply #8

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
works with virtually anything.
I have tested that and you are right this works with EVERYTHING!!! Saxtonhale, Copybotclasses, Touhouclasses, Invasion maps, 2nd coop maps!! I mean holy hell tuski this was a genus move on your part I grovel at your feet man  :ugeek:

October 24, 2012, 03:34:50 PM
Reply #9

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »
Quote from: "JaxOf7"
As for frag bonus, it would require me to mess with a root class (Megaman), so it is not a good idea...
Can use an ACS Death script.
Also I consider frag bonuses and staying alive to be more depthful than getting beat up, going berserk, and dying to get it back.
Not sure if I should use ACS... I mean: My aim was to make it most compatible and I'm unsure whether this will affectthe compatibility negatively or not.

But I'm tempted to increase the minimum for desperation to 50% and add a "defense bonus" for the duration of the desperation.

Quote from: "Zard1084"
works with virtually anything.
I have tested that and you are right this works with EVERYTHING!!! Saxtonhale, Copybotclasses, Touhouclasses, Invasion maps, 2nd coop maps!! I mean holy hell tuski this was a genus move on your part I grovel at your feet man  :ugeek:
Whoa, you already tested with all those?

October 24, 2012, 03:42:49 PM
Reply #10

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
Yes i did and your mod works with all of them with Little to no issue's

October 24, 2012, 04:20:11 PM
Reply #11

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
Technically since he doesn't change SBARINFO or WCOLORS it should work with just about anything.

Also, ACS won't cause a conflict as long as your ACS script has a unique number and name. If it shares numbers with something else in a different mod, then problems will pop up, but other than that you're good to go.

I still want my bombs. :ugeek:

October 24, 2012, 06:52:56 PM
Reply #12

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 06:52:56 PM »
Moved this to Projects for you.

This seems rather nifty, I'll try it out immediately.

October 24, 2012, 07:15:03 PM
Reply #13

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 07:15:03 PM »
Oh, thank you :D
Also, on the ACS subject... Now that you mention this I might consider doing so (As soon as I grasp some knowledge in the section of ACS that I need the most).

October 24, 2012, 08:21:51 PM
Reply #14

Offline SilverSin

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 12, 2010, 05:32:51 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »
Looks like Neo has some competition! more or less =P These look pretty cool, good job!