Advanced Search

Author Topic: Mega Man X Singleplayer Classes (Version 2.75)  (Read 197142 times)

May 18, 2013, 09:34:08 PM
Read 197142 times

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
Mega Man X Singleplayer Classes (Version 2.75)
« on: May 18, 2013, 09:34:08 PM »
After the defeat of Sigma's 8th body, his virus was spread... Isolated on the moon, amidst the ruins of the new world he desperately hoped to create. There was no possibility of escape, no way for his virus to seep onto the Earth and achieve form in a new body... At least, not in the 22nd century.

IN THE 21ST CENTURY
Dr. Wily had given up his dreams of world domination after his defeat at the hands of the legendary tournament robot, who had gone on to be sealed in gold in the robot museum. He lived in solitude, disappearing from the public eye so that he could work alone on his greatest project yet in a secret castle that nobody could find. It was then that he felt a calling, a presence of something otherworldly, yet distinctly familiar.
A few weeks later he had returned, attacking the laboratories of Dr. Light and Dr. Cossack in an unexpected blaze of machinery and explosives. Casualties were low and Dr. Wily disappeared as quickly as he had arrived, seemingly only looking to announce his presence and return to his villainous ways. Mega Man was stolen from Light Labs along with a few DLN. robots, whereas Dr. Cossack's lab was mostly unharmed with the exception of the agricultural Robot Master Toad Man, who was stolen. Both doctors were able to escape their laboratories...
It was not long before the good doctors had worked up a plan to end another one of Wily's schemes.
Dr. Light fled to an unknown location, scrambling to protect himself and develop his newest creations for the ensuing battle on Dr. Wily's newest fortress, though he knew not where it was.
Dr. Cossack called in every robot he had to defend his lab, and began to work on the technology he needed to contact the future, to pull their last hope from his native time period so that he could defend the past and ensure the future he lived in was safe.
This grace period was short and fleeting, however, as Dr. Light was located and captured less than 3 days later by Dr. Wily, only getting a chance to create some armour before he was taken away. Dr. Cossack instantly ramped up defences for a similar attack.

Mega Man X and the future's greatest Maverick Hunters (and Vile) were pulled to the past by Dr. Cossack. It is their mission to defeat Wily's robot army, rescue the DLN. and DCN. robots he captured, rescue Dr. Light, Mega Man, and the small band of heroes sent to find him, and ultimately save the future.

MEGA MAN X
(click to show/hide)

ZERO
(click to show/hide)

AXL
(click to show/hide)

VILE
(click to show/hide)

Download here. Please do not load this mod with a skins folder!!

Thanks and have fun

Changelog V2 > V2-75

(click to show/hide)

May 18, 2013, 09:43:18 PM
Reply #1

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X Singleplayer Classes
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »
I'm not even an X fan by any stretch, but from what I've heard about him the Copy Shot was both instrumental to and the most fun part of Axl's moveset.  I'm a little disappointed (And I know some other dudes who will be as well) to see that it won't be included.

I do like the idea of the little shooting range, though.  I've wanted to get a rough scale of "how much [x weapon] hurts" without entering a level before, and it looks like it would serve quite nicely for such purposes.

May 25, 2013, 06:39:47 PM
Reply #2

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Getting a bit tired of skin making, anyone wanna make me a Zero skin?
Or some HUDs
Cause I really need HUDs

May 25, 2013, 06:41:47 PM
Reply #3

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 06:41:47 PM »
Well i could try it but i having other works with skining.

May 25, 2013, 06:55:38 PM
Reply #4

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 06:55:38 PM »
Quote from: "Yellow Devil"
X gains the Fourth Armour and the Gaea Armour from two Dr. Light capsules hidden around the four levels.

So will the levels that the armors are hidden on be random or is it two particular levels that have already been decided? Also, when the new maps are added, will you split up the armor pieces in all 8 levels? I'd love to help, but I'm not the best skinner.

EDIT: Maybe it's just me, but in the screenshot, Armor X looks like his head has been shifted slightly to the left.

May 25, 2013, 07:03:21 PM
Reply #5

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 07:03:21 PM »
Quote from: "TheDoc"
So will the levels that the armors are hidden on be random or is it two particular levels that have already been decided? Also, when the new maps are added, will you split up the armor pieces in all 8 levels?

There are two capsules, and they are in static locations. The Fourth Armour is (obviously) in Cutman's stage, and the Gaea Armour is in Needleman's stage at the moment. It'll stay this way, because that's both easier and more fun. I didn't enjoy having to pick up all four pieces before the armour could be used in X5/X6.

I can assure you that X's head did not change!

May 25, 2013, 07:08:14 PM
Reply #6

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 07:08:14 PM »
Quote from: "TheDoc"
So will the levels that the armors are hidden on be random or is it two particular levels that have already been decided? Also, when the new maps are added, will you split up the armor pieces in all 8 levels?

There are two capsules, and they are in static locations. The Fourth Armour is (obviously) in Cutman's stage, and the Gaea Armour is in Needleman's stage at the moment. It'll stay this way, because that's both easier and more fun. I didn't enjoy having to pick up all four pieces before the armour could be used in X5/X6.

I can assure you that X's head did not change!
I can see why TheDoc felt like it moved off a bit... The head of the sprite seems off-centered.

As for Axl's copy shot, I know of a way it could be used: By defeating the boss with it (landing the last shot with a Copy Shot), he could gain the ability to change into the boss in any other stage, but it could only be used once.

May 25, 2013, 07:28:26 PM
Reply #7

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »
Quote from: "tsukiyomaru0"
I can see why TheDoc felt like it moved off a bit... The head of the sprite seems off-centered.

As for Axl's copy shot, I know of a way it could be used: By defeating the boss with it (landing the last shot with a Copy Shot), he could gain the ability to change into the boss in any other stage, but it could only be used once.

I don't think this would add anything to his class. None of the boss' abilities would be more useful than what he already has, other than Heatman's dash for mobility reasons.

May 25, 2013, 07:45:19 PM
Reply #8

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 07:45:19 PM »

Well, that confirms it... The head's width is even and the body's width is odd, which means that the head will always be a little to the left or right, and the only ways to fix this are:
* Make both either have even or odd width (Perfect centering in sprite, imperfect centering in offset if the width is odd)
* Change the back stance a bit so the groin does not end up marking the exact body center (May look odd, depending on stance)
* Resize sprite to 2X, center the head, import the new sprite, change actor's scale to 1.25 (100% accurate, but someone will likely nitpick on it)

I don't think this would add anything to his class. None of the boss' abilities would be more useful than what he already has, other than Heatman's dash for mobility reasons.
True, the bosses's abilities aren't much interesting to begin (See Doc Robot in Strength in Numbers), so I do agree that is much better to leave Copyshot off unless many complain about its lacking.

May 29, 2013, 05:04:05 PM
Reply #9

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 05:04:05 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I'll do anything for HUDs

May 29, 2013, 07:34:49 PM
Reply #10

Offline ProjectHazoid

• MM8BDM MM10 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 29, 2012, 10:42:21 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 07:34:49 PM »
I don't know whether or not you already have concept art for Axl's Weapons (or if he's even going to be holding different weapons for his HUD sprites) but I've done some little sketches of different weapons for Axl. It's all I'm good for.
(click to show/hide)

Otherwise disregard this completely useless post, and best wishes on this little project! :D

May 29, 2013, 07:42:37 PM
Reply #11

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 07:42:37 PM »
[20:40:02] Max: who even
[20:40:15] Llama: ProjectHazoid
[20:40:19] Max: who

I have no idea who you are but

uhh

<3

May 29, 2013, 07:49:35 PM
Reply #12

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »
Quote from: "ProjectHazoid"
I don't know whether or not you already have concept art for Axl's Weapons (or if he's even going to be holding different weapons for his HUD sprites) but I've done some little sketches of different weapons for Axl. It's all I'm good for.
(click to show/hide)

Otherwise disregard this completely useless post, and best wishes on this little project! :D
[20:40:02] Max: who even
[20:40:15] Llama: ProjectHazoid
[20:40:19] Max: who

I have no idea who you are but

uhh

<3
I have no idea neither, but nice sketches!

May 31, 2013, 08:03:17 PM
Reply #13

Offline ProjectHazoid

• MM8BDM MM10 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 29, 2012, 10:42:21 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »

So I volunteered to do a little bit of some HUD sprites despite not being a spriter. X's Gaea Buster and Axl's Nuclear Fission.

My neck hurts.

May 31, 2013, 08:26:08 PM
Reply #14

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »
(click to show/hide)

In addition, we have weaponry rooms now! Complete with single-frame-weaponry-tutorials?

(click to show/hide)