Advanced Search

Author Topic: [OUTDATED THREAD] Class based modification (v9fh)  (Read 1476592 times)

January 23, 2013, 02:34:30 AM
Reply #5790

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
Re: Class based modification (v6F)
« Reply #5790 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:30 AM »
Why not just make the alt freeze Quint in mid-air for a split second before he slam dunks the ground? That way, if you're paying attention you have time to get the heck out of there before he drills your brains in.

January 23, 2013, 02:42:13 AM
Reply #5791

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: January 23, 2013, 02:42:13 AM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
Why not just make the alt freeze Quint in mid-air for a split second before he slam dunks the ground? That way, if you're paying attention you have time to get the heck out of there before he drills your brains in.
*chuckles internally cause that totally sounds like R-Shadow, minus the teleporting*

January 23, 2013, 03:36:31 AM
Reply #5792

Offline Mr.shadow

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 11, 2012, 08:05:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: January 23, 2013, 03:36:31 AM »
Quote from: "Rozark"
Then perhaps they aim when they land? That'd seem the best answer to me. (And if they can't hit when he lands, well, perhaps the player needs better aim >_>)

Quint screws with aimming <_<  There's also the map-roll-of-the-dice factor. any "player with better aim" knows to move backward and shoot. But this amazing "player with better aim" hits a wall, end of the road.

And seeing that you are speaking with that "the player has to get better or get out" attitude, I see you are forgetting the debris quint sprays around

January 23, 2013, 04:05:04 AM
Reply #5793

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
I had to break my "I'm gonna stop posting" clause because u
« Reply #5793 on: January 23, 2013, 04:05:04 AM »
Quint, as he stood in v6e and thus in Skulltag, was very susceptible to attacks that could lock him into a position through stunlock. Just to name a few, Quint used to have a hard time to kill enemies that could stun him in midair such as Skullman, Fireman, Iceman, Needleman or Quickman. The power that infinite Sakugarne represented was countered by being very easily stoppable with shots that could stun you for a very small and almost unperceptible moment, which for Quint and his unavoidable dependence of free movement to effectively attack was a pain in the ass.

MM8BDM v3a brings us a new engine where this no longer applies. It is now incredibly easier for Quint to move around without feeling in danger of being stunlocked. Since one of the things that kept Quint from being an unstoppable killing machine is now gone, he becomes cheap in frag-oriented games. Although the age old strategy of "get him from afar" still works, it's technically less effective because of the absence of stunlock.

Maybe Quint's Sakugarne could use ammo consumption, but I see that as arbitrarily handicapping his only method of killing without actually attacking the real issue that the new engine has brought. Slightly nerfing Sakugarne's damage, decreasing Quint's armor or finding a way to reimplement stunlock might be the way to go, since the problem isn't exactly damage output from him (has always been like this) but rather the lack of handicapping his movement (present in Skulltag, made Quint more manageable and called for dodging skills) and thus making him less effective and easier to kill. Quint should always represent danger in the same fashion as Slashman as far as damage output goes, but should be stoppable because that battle style is not flawless.

January 23, 2013, 04:13:05 AM
Reply #5794

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: January 23, 2013, 04:13:05 AM »
I just simply suggested giving him an ammo bar giving people a reason to actually use the buster

January 23, 2013, 04:26:51 AM
Reply #5795

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #5795 on: January 23, 2013, 04:26:51 AM »
Quote from: "ice"
I just simply suggested giving him an ammo bar giving people a reason to actually use the buster

There is already a technical reason to use the buster: long range. Yes, it's supposed to be bad. Also when a Gravityman/copyclass wielding GHold is around. Also when you're in low grav. Also against out-of-reach flying classes.

January 23, 2013, 11:55:36 AM
Reply #5796

Offline -Daiki-TheOni

• Standard Member

• Honor, love and justice... thats what i need.
  • Date Registered: December 04, 2011, 08:25:43 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: January 23, 2013, 11:55:36 AM »
+1 nerf sakugarne damage

January 23, 2013, 04:46:23 PM
Reply #5797

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: January 23, 2013, 04:46:23 PM »
I'm in favor of limiting sakugarne use. Either making him stick to the ground for one second after hitting the ground or by giving a regenerating ammo that requires a full bar in order to be able to ride it again.

January 23, 2013, 05:14:43 PM
Reply #5798

Knux

« Reply #5798 on: January 23, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
Again we had this argument before over skullman: I don't pray to the heavens for chances and unlike you, i don't depend on the roll of the dice.
That's completely irrelevant.
As in... what? 2 ways? plenty indeed. :ugeek:
- Danger Wrap
- Gravity Hold
- Crash Bomb
- Air Shooter
- Rolling Cutter
- Shadow Blade
- Anything you can hit him with when he lands.

You clearly have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

I never said you said that. i said "basically saying" never said you said that directly. LRN2READ
It doesn't matter. The fact that you're mad because a Quint owned you in a server only shows that you know squat about balance. While having an ammo bar would limit the fragging momentarily on small maps, it already is difficult getting people on bigger maps outside of frag stealing. And even then, smart players know to run somewhere where they don't see a pogo stick when they hear the Sakugarne sound. Quint Buster isn't the most reliable of things, either.

January 23, 2013, 06:15:59 PM
Reply #5799

Offline Mr.shadow

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: January 23, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »
Quote from: "Knux"
Again we had this argument before over skullman: I don't pray to the heavens for chances and unlike you, i don't depend on the roll of the dice.

That's completely irrelevant.
 So, you know what map comes in at randomized order in a server?
"Quint's performance depends on the stage, really"
I guess THIS is irrelevant too.[/color]

As in... what? 2 ways? plenty indeed. :ugeek:
- Danger Wrap
- Gravity Hold
- Crash Bomb
- Air Shooter
- Rolling Cutter
- Shadow Blade
- Anything you can hit him with when he lands.

You clearly have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Yea, I think you are forgeting the debris Quint spread around. You haven't been playing classes lately have you? And even if so, you are the frist one to complain about these things in game.

I never said you said that. i said "basically saying" never said you said that directly. LRN2READ
It doesn't matter. The fact that you're mad because a Quint owned you in a server only shows that you know squat about balance.
1. If it didn't matter why did you mention that? :ugeek:  2.If i know squat about balance, why im i not the only one saying "give quint an ammo bar"? I don't think you know what balance means... Quint is not what i call balance, its called "lazy-ass gaming". I see the posts above are in favor of ammo bar. Why don't you say to them they don't know anything about balance too? 3. I've noticed most of you used the word "mad" to summerize the guy who disagrees with you. However, Knux, you are not only 'mad' now but you are 'mad' anytime someone reports a broken class. You are right here acting like you know EVERYTHING about classes, did you make this classes mod all by yourself? Thats right, you didn't. Its a magical thing called "opinion"

While having an ammo bar would limit the fragging momentarily on small maps, it already is difficult getting people on bigger maps outside of frag stealing.
That is the point. are you fucking kidding me?

And even then, smart players know to run somewhere where they don't see a pogo stick when they hear the Sakugarne sound.
And they are killed cuz panic. quint can drop anytime.

Quint Buster isn't the most reliable of things, either.
way better than "lazy ass fraging"

January 23, 2013, 07:22:22 PM
Reply #5800

Knux

« Reply #5800 on: January 23, 2013, 07:22:22 PM »
(click to show/hide)

January 23, 2013, 08:14:15 PM
Reply #5801

Offline Orange juice :l

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=590
« Reply #5801 on: January 23, 2013, 08:14:15 PM »
Llama's comment on hitstun also has a major effect on ripper weapons. Now that they don't hold you in place, they're much more hit or miss (and when I say that, I mean they now do either 20 or 80 damage as opposed to 40), so maybe find a way to regulate damage they do (This applies to vanilla as well)

January 23, 2013, 08:18:05 PM
Reply #5802

Offline Accel

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 23, 2010, 02:13:20 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: January 23, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »
Quote from: "Orange juice :l"
Llama's comment on hitstun also has a major effect on ripper weapons. Now that they don't hold you in place, they're much more hit or miss (and when I say that, I mean they now do either 20 or 80 damage as opposed to 40), so maybe find a way to regulate damage they do (This applies to vanilla as well)
Is this why I've been having a harder time using certain weapons? That definitely clears some stuff up...

January 23, 2013, 08:54:16 PM
Reply #5803

Offline Mr.shadow

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Umad? Because a class? Wow
« Reply #5803 on: January 23, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
(click to show/hide)

January 23, 2013, 09:02:55 PM
Reply #5804