Advanced Search

Author Topic: Zandronum Error  (Read 1746 times)

August 20, 2013, 04:02:29 AM
Read 1746 times

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
Zandronum Error
« on: August 20, 2013, 04:02:29 AM »
Okay so, it seems that whenever I join a server with a mod loaded these days, something is wrong. But let me start from the beginning. I've encountered this problem just a little while after I got Zandronum 1.1.1, so it may be a problem with that, but things work fine on my other computers. I downloaded the new version before V3b came out, so that I could access the servers that hosted it. Including the Teaparty classes test servers you see up every now and then. At first, things were relatively normal, but then an error started showing up at random times whenever I closed down Zandronum. Later, I stopped being able to join the test servers whenever map packs were added. They were the same map packs we usually used: IX-Pack, Sharp, Kappack, and CSCM-Remixed. I tried several times to get it to work, even deleting the maps and downloading them from the server, but still got a level authentication error, saying that I didn't have the exact same wads.
And now today it seems to have gotten even worse. Now my music wads cease to function at all whenever any kind of additional wad/pk3 is added, at all

Things only work fine when I play vanilla. Otherwise, The same error shows whenever I close Zandronum. And that error is this one:

As far as I know, I don't encounter the problem on my other computers. (At least, not as much.) My main computer is the one suffering here. I have no idea what or why this is, or what to do.

August 20, 2013, 04:19:46 AM
Reply #1

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
Re: Zandronum Error
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 04:19:46 AM »
This is due to an overloaded skin folder. Zandronum can only handle so much data loaded at a time. Clear out some skins you don't see / use any more and the problem will stop.

August 20, 2013, 04:35:45 AM
Reply #2

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 04:35:45 AM »
Overloaded skins? Hm...Thanks, I'll try it.

EDIT: And it worked! I removed about 3 old skins and no less than 23 .BAK files, and now things are running as they should again. Thanks a bunch.

August 20, 2013, 06:12:39 PM
Reply #3

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 06:12:39 PM »
That just shows how much of a pack rat we can all be when it comes to skins.