Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Tutorial Collection

[TUTORIAL] Creating a customized skin

<< < (4/9) > >>

Piano the Mettaur:
Is there a faster way to name the files?

Pegg:

--- Quote from: Piano the Mettaur on January 27, 2019, 01:58:30 AM ---Is there a faster way to name the files?

--- End quote ---

Unless there exists an external program to do it for you, no. Usually renaming is the most tedious part of the process.

--- Quote from: Rokim21 on October 28, 2018, 09:34:04 PM ---What if I want to have two differents back/side and side frames?

--- End quote ---
I should have explained this better in the main post, but here's how this works:

A frame called PLY1A8A2 is the A frame of the sprite "family" PLY1, but the numbers make it interesting. The numbers signify which angle it should be displayed at. The reason most skins have frames with two numbers in them is that putting an additional one tells the engine to render that frame for (in this case) angle 2, and mirror it for angle 8. This is true for other rotations as well, such as 6/4 and 7/3. If you want a full 8-way rotation, you'd need frames A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, and A8 all defined. If you wanted different side frames and back/side frames, you'd need A3, A4, A6, and A7.

I've been meaning to update the main post for a while with this corrected information, but I haven't gotten the time to do that yet. Maybe I should do that soon, haha

QuickSlash:
what do I do when the sprite frame is missing rotation?

Korby:
Look over your filenames and make sure none of them are incorrectly spelled.

Blue Electric Charizard:
Hello. I have an issue with my skin: apparently, frame A is 'missing rotations', and MM8BDM won't run due to it. If my skin wasn't set up correctly, please tell me why. Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version