Cutstuff > Events

Competitive Standard

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mobius:

--- Quote from: Zapper514 on December 28, 2019, 02:02:41 AM ---I would like to say that the tournament was more of a close to arms thing, supposed to stay still, alone and jazz. Until one person from the clan decided to invite someone else. I mean, it was also the hosts tournament, not yours. To others perspectives they can vary heavily . Not to cause any sort of argument, however this post was to ridicule the host, even saying at the beginning of the tournament, that it was his first time ever doing something like this.
--- End quote ---

It's a done issue and what he did is what he did. It was unsportsmenlike and bad form. Clan or not someone shouldn't be discriminated against and if the host didn't want a player to play then just remove them.

--- Quote from: Zapper ---To state one final thing, in 2020, Tournaments should be hosted, with the RULESET, and MIND, of the HOST. Not a STANDARD, made by someone who creates some of the most formal tournaments. It would allow most players to play or choose what they'd like to play. Do not ridicule or make fun of the host for doing such a poor job, as he said, this was his first time. Your really not allowed to make final decisions without partaking or joining.
--- End quote ---

On the contrary: I think tournament host should not be above scrutiny. The host of a tournament can make any rules he likes and it's up to the players to decide whether or not they should participate: This is fair. What isn't fair is making rules up mid tournament when there wasn't any and cripple a whole team because the host was afraid of one team winning.

We, as a community, have to judge and look out for that fraudulent behavior. It doesn't help anything or anyone. All it does is show others who are active what happens when they step foot in the turf of other people: they are going to get fleeced, lied to, and cheated out of a fair experience. What example does this show to others outside of this community who want to participate? That we don't play fair? That's unreal and doesn't represent us.

I think a lot of us players who are in the scene should look out for each other and call out what we see and probably not joining shady venues.

Zapper514:

--- Quote from: Nappa Habiki on December 28, 2019, 02:18:15 AM ---So why did you not kick the player out? why did you just nerf him until he lost? what did you gain from this?

--- End quote ---

Both players forced way into,
and host, wanted it to feel included.

Simply said, this wasn't to cause arguments.

Zapper514:

--- Quote from: Mobius on December 28, 2019, 02:20:50 AM ---It's a done issue and what he did is what he did. It was unsportsmenlike and bad form. Clan or not someone shouldn't be discriminated against and if the host didn't want a player to play then just remove them.

On the contrary: I think tournament host should not be above scrutiny. The host of a tournament can make any rules he likes and it's up to the players to decide whether or not they should participate: This is fair. What isn't fair is making rules up mid tournament when there wasn't any and cripple a whole team because the host was afraid of one team winning.

We, as a community, have to judge and look out for that fraudulent behavior. It doesn't help anything or anyone. All it does is show others who are active what happens when they step foot in the turf of other people: they are going to get fleeced, lied to, and cheated out of a fair experience. What example does this show to others outside of this community who want to participate? That we don't play fair? That's unreal and doesn't represent us.

I think a lot of us players who are in the scene should look out for each other and call out what we see and probably not joining shady venues.

--- End quote ---

Question, Why do you care? It was in turn support to be a close-group tour. Once an outside or someone of the such joins, what would you do? what if it was someone you disliked, who was better than you joins in? its like a middle school argument

Second. You can judge all you want, but at the same time, people can keep you views, when you disturb them. This is how this all started. It also doesn't help that, you who are banned from TSPG for using a diffrent client is in form, you are quite notorious or infamous for doing so. And everything you speak about, or involve yourself with, always has to do with a said scene from Comp. This was a CLOSED END TOURNAMENT, not a PUBLIC.

You can judge, but everyone will still have their opinions.

Nappa Habiki:

--- Quote from: Zapper514 on December 28, 2019, 02:24:12 AM ---Both players forced way into,
and host, wanted it to feel included.

Simply said, this wasn't to cause arguments.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---when you disturb them. This is how this all started. It also doesn't help that, you who are banned from TSPG for using a diffrent client is in form, you are quite notorious or infamous for doing so. And everything you speak about, or involve yourself with, always has to do with a said scene from Comp.
--- End quote ---

I would advise against bringing irrelevant factors, if not causing arguments were your true intentions.

Mobius:

--- Quote from: Zapper514 ---Question, Why do you care?
--- End quote ---
Why should I not care? My position in this community allows me some proclivity involving tournament matters not because just the parties involved, but the entire scene in general. I've been the chairman of the practicality that is formal PVP play now for 8bdm -- in particular, CBM/CCBM. I care because it sets a bad precedent especially now at the most sensitive time: a lot of tournaments are happening. This is a great opportunity to showcase ourselves in a positive light and when I see fraudulent behavior my immediate reaction is to correct it. We have to if we're going to take advantage of such a good opportunity: more tournaments = more activity.

--- Quote from: Zapper518 ---It was in turn support to be a close-group tour. Once an outside or someone of the such joins, what would you do? what if it was someone you disliked, who was better than you joins in? its like a middle school argument
--- End quote ---

False premise. Class Based League had a whole team better than my team in Season 1 (EazyDI, Saviorsword, and RIP Levi) and they weren't barred from using specific classes, had mid-game rules made, or even discriminated against for being better. They were allowed to compete and won against me in the finals. They have gold statues commissioned by MD representing their victory with a role on both CCBM and CBL's discord for Robot Masters. Saviorsword, despite what people say, is a guest star on the CBL livestream and I do value his opinion during those streams (due to his insight on players).

So no. I would have not done things the same because I haven't and I never will. I put true PVP first.

--- Quote from: Zapper518 ---Second. You can judge all you want, but at the same time, people can keep you views, when you disturb them. This is how this all started.
--- End quote ---

This was over a tournament I won't disclosed and players getting a raw deal.

--- Quote from: Zapper518 ---It also doesn't help that, you who are banned from TSPG for using a diffrent client is in form, you are quite notorious or infamous for doing so.
--- End quote ---

First, irrelevant. Second, fictitious. I was banned from TSPG's discord for calling certain types of south Americans monkies. Please be factual and relevant if you want to fling mud, or just move it to DMs as I would like to keep this more civil.

--- Quote from: Zapper518 ---And everything you speak about, or involve yourself with, always has to do with a said scene from Comp. This was a CLOSED END TOURNAMENT, not a PUBLIC.

You can judge, but everyone will still have their opinions.
--- End quote ---

Nothing stops the host from just not allowing certain players in. They let them in under intense stipulations and those stipulations got worst throughout the tournament beyond what was already agreed to. It's fraudulent no matter if it was public or private. That is the problem I have with it and an issue we, as a community, should inspect much more closely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version