Advanced Search

Author Topic: Trying to update. Need your input!  (Read 15698 times)

May 11, 2013, 07:12:01 PM
Reply #15

Knux

Re: Trying to update. Need your input!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 07:12:01 PM »
Hey, I remember Megadeth Deathmatch. What if you made the corners the lowest elevation, the compass sides a middle elevation, and the center being the highest one? It might make it more interesting than just running around.

EDIT: Bumped to bring this to attention.

The Hunter's Fire magic always seemed useless to me, since it's so close. Why not expand the radius so that it's less like pseudo-melee? I mean, in an environment where most things can one hit kill you up close, an attack like that isn't very helpful. Oh and while you're at it, make the white magic blast have a visible sprite. Maybe a rocket explosion recolored to gray/white?

May 15, 2013, 12:26:57 PM
Reply #16

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
Re: Trying to update. Need your input!
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »
Hm, probaly cant make that many map changes without asking the author of the map.

The fire and normal altfires do work nicely against Creepers that missed their target or just passing by, fire in particular was a popular method of trying to shake off creepers going at you when stunned, or to do the fire altfire move while running around rampantly to find the Creeper, as the damage from the fire as well as the creeper's volatile reaction to being damaged makes it very difficult to land a hit with his hands on a target.

And the white blast is also reasonably strong if i recall correctly, enough to kill Creepers in several hits, atleast. I guess adding a sprite for that effect might help, though you can also easily hear it, or see it in OpenGL as an white light blast. But i guess i'll see if that needs change. If i ever do get to updating it... :P