Advanced Search

Author Topic: MM4SP - Cossack Crusaders (WIP)  (Read 21785 times)

June 20, 2019, 04:01:56 AM
Reply #15

Offline MegaVile

• Standard Member

• [Necromancer of Saxton Hale]
  • Date Registered: August 06, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

• View Profile
Re: MM4SP - Cossack Crusaders (WIP)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 04:01:56 AM »
Nice! Return of MMW/SP in a new format!
Wood Man's stage is looking VERY nice!
Also, where can I find Dood on Discord?
I could help with coding, and beta testing, having experience with the former, and a tendency to be a bug magnet for the latter!

June 23, 2019, 05:36:45 PM
Reply #16

Offline AMinorFlood

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 01, 2019, 05:30:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2019, 05:36:45 PM »
Looks very cool, will things be like an adventure raid, because that's what i'm getting, I assume each class will have different stats with SkullMan being the most basic and having a BusterShot and a Guard(SkullBarrier), atleast thats my idea, looking forward to seeing more footage.

[Trust me Pharaoh Man is one of my favorite robot masters.]

August 07, 2019, 11:36:10 PM
Reply #17

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 11:36:10 PM »
What's up, folks-- err, greetings, esteemed visitors. Cossack Labs has another update for those hoping to catch a glimpse of our revolutionary Russian robots fighting alongside the esteemed Mega Man.

Well, I have news on that front! The answer is... there aren't quite any new stages to show. :confused: Welcome to that free-time development life! But we still have some content to show you in the form of our Special Weapons!

As mentioned before, each Robot Master will be receiving their own unique weapon from their android adversaries. Cossack will put his own unique spin on Wily's wacky armament in order to get his robots fighting fit! (For those wondering, Mega Man believes his original weapons from these robots will do just fine.)

We have three of them to show off from Wood Man today. Here are the weapons for Drill Man, Dive Man, and Bright Man!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

It seems like that's all we have for now. We ask for your patience, as usual! We should have a new map to show soon enough...

(click to show/hide)

Until next--

...What's that? You heard a unique theme in the weapon showcase videos? And you'd like to hear the full thing?
Got you covered: https://soundcloud.com/magnetdood/cossack-crusaders-main-hub-2a03

Until next time!
- Cossack Labs

August 08, 2019, 12:08:53 AM
Reply #18

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 12:08:53 AM »
I am looking forward to release, everything so far has looked pretty cool!

August 08, 2019, 10:44:08 AM
Reply #19

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 10:44:08 AM »
I am looking forward to release, everything so far has looked pretty cool!
Next Stage is Yamato Man Now.

August 16, 2019, 07:07:07 PM
Reply #20

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 07:07:07 PM »
The RM setup being as it is promises for a rich and varied experience! Keep on going, friends. ;)

May 24, 2020, 09:42:32 AM
Reply #21

Offline DemonChaos

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 21, 2017, 05:46:32 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 09:42:32 AM »
I ask, Mod currently developed to where?

June 05, 2020, 03:09:47 PM
Reply #22

Offline supersmashgaming

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2018, 03:25:18 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 03:09:47 PM »
Man this looks so great. Cant wait for the official release.

August 26, 2020, 01:07:34 AM
Reply #23

Offline Ivangel

• Standard Member

• Sup.
  • Date Registered: October 31, 2015, 09:00:52 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2020, 01:07:34 AM »
I have a question, is Galaxy Man going to be an actual stage, or is he a placeholder for a future MM10 robot master?

August 26, 2020, 01:54:53 AM
Reply #24

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2020, 01:54:53 AM »
I have a question, is Galaxy Man going to be an actual stage, or is he a placeholder for a future MM10 robot master?
I mean, considering the pattern of having an RM from each game, starting at MM2 and ascending from there, it's probably an actual stage. I don't see why they'd skip over that for MM10.

August 26, 2020, 04:35:24 PM
Reply #25

Offline Ivangel

• Standard Member

• Sup.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2020, 04:35:24 PM »
I mean, considering the pattern of having an RM from each game, starting at MM2 and ascending from there, it's probably an actual stage. I don't see why they'd skip over that for MM10.

My reasoning being is that the MM9 line of Robot Masters does technically count as being robots made by Doctor Light, but if it's an actual stage, it's okay either way.

September 06, 2020, 06:52:18 PM
Reply #26

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2020, 06:52:18 PM »
Howdy! Oughta check this topic more.

I ask, Mod currently developed to where?

We haven't been developing much at all, to be honest. Life got in the way for myself, and much of the team is occupied with V6's development. Until the release, I can't promise much of anything in terms of updates, but I can assure you that you will see a release from us, likely fairly soon after V6 is completed. We have (nearly) finished Napalm Man's and Yamato Man's stages and a fair amount of their enemies since we last updated here; the weapons are likely going to be a bigger challenge and will constitute most of the delays.

My reasoning being is that the MM9 line of Robot Masters does technically count as being robots made by Doctor Light, but if it's an actual stage, it's okay either way.

We did realize that Galaxy is a Light Robot Master, and it technically goes against the lore of things that we've presented here. I've floated the idea once about replacing him with an MM10 bot, but those conversations have been very light. This might be another thing we ask once V6 gets out and we can take a closer look at the assets; Galaxy is going to be in the second wave of robots, anyway, which will probably take a long time to come out.

Thanks for all of your patience! We're looking forward to bringing this out for you... eventually!

October 26, 2020, 03:04:42 AM
Reply #27

Offline Ivangel

• Standard Member

• Sup.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2020, 03:04:42 AM »
Just another question, will the Mega Man class allow you to use custom skins, or will disallow it entirely?

January 01, 2021, 06:50:10 PM
Reply #28

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2021, 06:50:10 PM »
Happy new year from the Cossack Crew!  :mrgreen:

Thank you for your continued patience and support of our mod! It means a lot to all of us that you've expressed your excitement in playing. This post will hopefully answer some of the questions we've heard in the past and give you an in-depth update of where we stand, and when you might expect a first release.

Let's say hello to one of our new stages first!

(click to show/hide)

Q: Wow! So the second stage is done, right?
A: Almost! We're just getting into the final stages on this one, but there's still a few things we've got to work out. Some of the enemies still need touch-ups, and I haven't quite finished the mid-stage effect I'm hoping for here. But it's fully playable with a boss to fight at the end, so it's functional!

Q: What else needs to get done before I can play this?
A: Well, quite a bit. While Napalm's stage is nearly complete like Wood Man's, there's a couple of systems that we've run into problems with (namely the weapon get screen and the weapon-giving function). We still need a lot of work on the weapons themselves, too. I am gonna be pushing for a release this year with three playable stages to improve its shelf-life a bit, if all goes according to plan. We'll keep you updated on when that might be. Once that's through, we'll work on bugfixes for the first wave and then finish it off with the 4th stage of the first 4, then get to work on the next 4! After that, we'd be jumping into Wily stage territory. The ultimate goal is still to provide a full-game experience; we'll see if we're able to deliver on that and how we feel once we get everything finished.

Q: What DOES need doing, then?
A: We need to code super attacks for the bosses, finish 13 more weapons, fix some of Napalm's enemies (mainly Mizziles and Power Musclers), code a few more of Yamato's enemies and Yamato's boss fight, finalize his layout, update the hub so the weapon-giving and weapon-get screens work, finish the weapon display room, test all of it offline, and make sure none of it breaks online.

Simple!

In reality, if we find the time to really grind away at some of this stuff, we should be able to get through it relatively quickly. Time is just a limited resource for many of us, so please just stay patient with us! We're working hard when we can to get this out and we're thrilled to bring it to you.

It's really scary to think that this project is already a year and a half old... It's easily one of the most fun projects I've been able to be a part of, and I'm thrilled that you'll be able to enjoy it soon. Thanks for your continued interest! We'll see you next time!

- Cossack Labs

January 01, 2021, 07:10:07 PM
Reply #29

Offline NES Boy

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 19, 2014, 04:59:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2021, 07:10:07 PM »
We did realize that Galaxy is a Light Robot Master, and it technically goes against the lore of things that we've presented here. I've floated the idea once about replacing him with an MM10 bot, but those conversations have been very light. This might be another thing we ask once V6 gets out and we can take a closer look at the assets; Galaxy is going to be in the second wave of robots, anyway, which will probably take a long time to come out.
So you've decided to replace Galaxy Man after all.

Now, please explain why you decided to replace Spark Man with Gemini Man. Did it have to do with Sheep Man's inclusion (since he and Spark Man are both electricity robots)?