Advanced Search

Author Topic: MM4SP - Cossack Crusaders (WIP)  (Read 21781 times)

January 01, 2021, 07:14:37 PM
Reply #30

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
Re: MM4SP - Cossack Crusaders (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2021, 07:14:37 PM »
That is correct! Didn't want any weapon or stage overlap with them both being electricity themed; you'd be surprised how hard it is to come up with just eight around one theme, let alone 16.

January 01, 2021, 10:14:14 PM
Reply #31

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2021, 10:14:14 PM »
Shit, dawg, has it been a year and a half?

Really liking what I'm seeing! I totally get that time is a limited resource; if the content looks good, I really don't mind waiting. I've always liked the jungle and cave aspects of Napalm's stage more than the facility, so I'm glad there's a bit more of that accentuated here, and the precarious nature of the cave platforms looks especially fun.

In comparing this to the previous MMSP mods, I did want to ask (and maybe I've even asked this before) if you plan on putting any optional things to find in the various stages like the armor capsules or the MMW parts? I imagine that you'd rather just focus on laying the groundwork first and foremost, but is this something that you're already planning for the future, or is it something you don't want to implement for this mod?

Keep up the great work, guys. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

January 02, 2021, 01:28:51 AM
Reply #32

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2021, 01:28:51 AM »
In comparing this to the previous MMSP mods, I did want to ask (and maybe I've even asked this before) if you plan on putting any optional things to find in the various stages like the armor capsules or the MMW parts? I imagine that you'd rather just focus on laying the groundwork first and foremost, but is this something that you're already planning for the future, or is it something you don't want to implement for this mod?

There will be some things to discover in stages, like the E-Tanks from the originals! Only thing I can recommend is to keep your eyes peeled if you're looking for secrets.

January 02, 2021, 01:40:45 AM
Reply #33

Offline eddiegames

• Standard Member

• TheMod is the best, the stupider the better
  • Date Registered: May 15, 2016, 03:45:02 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2021, 01:40:45 AM »
Yo this looks super sick, looking forward to where it goes from here!

January 02, 2021, 03:47:53 PM
Reply #34

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2021, 03:47:53 PM »
Why are the mugs so stylish
I mean, I am certainly not complaining!

As I've never had experienced an SP mod before, this promises to be an enlightening experience, if you get my drift

I do hold one question regarding the choice of using the Cossack Robots as protagonists. Was it done as an attempt to give the doc some more spotlight? Is Tundra Man in the game

April 24, 2021, 04:46:43 AM
Reply #35

Offline Ivangel

• Standard Member

• Sup.
  • Date Registered: October 31, 2015, 09:00:52 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2021, 04:46:43 AM »
How's this project doing thus far? I'm hoping it's doing alright, since it's been a while of silence and I myself am very curious to see what you guys have been cooking up.

May 29, 2021, 09:19:26 PM
Reply #36

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2021, 09:19:26 PM »
Gee. Two years already, huh?

Welcome to the latest update for Cossack Crusaders! Thank you for keeping up your excitement for this long; it still makes me happy to hear that so many people are excited to play this mod. We're still doing our best to deliver a great experience for you!

Onto the update!

(click to show/hide)

I hope this is sufficient to tide you over until we're ready to release! The plan is still to get something out this summer; three stages, three bosses, twenty-four weapons, and some fun secrets for you and your friends to find is the end goal at the moment!

What still needs to get done to get to that point? We haven't made much headway on the weapons, admittedly. And the enemy layout on Yamato is still very much in its early stages. Boss supers, map pickups, weapon delivery fixes, enemy tweaking, the weapon display room, the secret Tundra Man fight... there's a lot of odds and ends that still need to be finished.

Rest assured that we're still working hard to get through it all. We appreciate your support as always and can't wait for you to play.

(click to show/hide)

Until next time!

- Cossack Labs

May 30, 2021, 06:53:10 PM
Reply #37

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2021, 06:53:10 PM »
Wow, I really like the aesthetic of the map. The stairs, the "palace-y" layout of the courtyard, the fountain/ponds, the fog effect off the sides, the sun setting as you approach the final fight, it's all great. Sections crossing over on each other also sounds like it would add to the feeling of getting lost in a large castle, which sounds great. Kudos to the map designer(s); can't wait to try it out and see all the odds and ends for ourselves. That said, take your time, guys; Rome wasn't built in a day. And you have 8 classes (that needed to be adapted to PvE, too), so I'm not surprised to hear the weapons are taking time.

Thanks again for your efforts. I know this is a labor of love, but a lot of us are just here to watch and appreciate, so.....I appreciate it. "Go get them, champ."

June 02, 2021, 02:34:17 AM
Reply #38

Offline Ivangel

• Standard Member

• Sup.
  • Date Registered: October 31, 2015, 09:00:52 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2021, 02:34:17 AM »
Ganbatte, devs! This is looking amazing so far!