Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Events / [TOURNAMENT] - Catalyst Series S2 Info + Bonus Reveal!
« Last post by Nxbulaa_ on July 20, 2023, 02:05:28 PM »
open for thread theme:
(click to show/hide)

Catalyst Series - The Premier Competitive Classes TLMS Tournament!

Information

Rules are here for the Major League (READ THIS PLEASE):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MOxHGhqS4tTazXgj91Xti12IhhVAkxcRhIGgicUDhT4/edit

FAQ (I also recommend you read this if you're curious about anything):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zkfgdn8o3NnD0zdYZIxy5w58MJGB2ZuZbEv6mVi3kXQ/edit

For those who are interested, signups are here:
Will be edited to add the form when signups open, check spoiler below

It is also basically required you join the discord server, which can be found here:
https://discord.gg/GwdVWhMwwS

Additionally, you can join the Gondola Patch discord if you have any questions/you need to reach me:
https://discord.gg/HbZppcfGxj

ADDITIONALLY

(click to show/hide)
Projects & Creative / Re: Trill's Addon Shop - Updated Damage Display!
« Last post by Trillster on July 16, 2023, 01:23:32 AM »
It took over a year to get back around to it, but the long awaited Damage Display v7 update is here, now better compatible with Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch V6B! Using the features introduced in Zandronum 3.2, it now places statistics onto the scoreboard and is able to be more accurate in its damage tracking. Additionally, this version implements more options, including but not limited to, display opacity and frag confirm sounds. As always, you can find these options by typing ddoptions into the console.

(click to show/hide)

This version also marks the return of server variables to toggle features as exclusive for spectators, meaning there is no longer any need for a spectator mode file. Furthermore, these toggles are also now individual to the feature, meaning you can mix and match. Below are the server variables for each feature.
trill_dd_sv_statdisplay
trill_dd_sv_deathprintout
trill_dd_sv_extendedscoreboard
trill_dd_sv_damagenumbers
trill_dd_sv_healnumbers
trill_dd_sv_hitsound
trill_dd_sv_fragsound

Note that the damage sounds and frag sounds included in this version are disabled and ignored when playing with Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch V6B or higher, deferring to its implementation instead. Check out the user settings and server settings for that version if needing to tweak those elements. The DPS display has also been removed for this version as it placed too many constraints onto the codebase relative to the low value it provided.

Download Here!
MM8BDM Discussion / Sunstar Defeated Easily & Quickly with Laser Trident!
« Last post by alexparr on July 14, 2023, 08:38:54 PM »

VIDEO NOTE: Hey, just for clarification; you don't need to be at around 50% health to get to the actual fight. It just seemed to be that way for every time I tried to fight Sunstar; must've just been bad luck. Sorry!

After doing some experimentation a little while back, I found out that Sunstar takes a lot of damage against Laser Trident. Assuming this isn't just a really useful bug on my side, I figured that I should share this with the rest of the world.

In short, this is what you have to do after the whole "stalling" phase ends and the fight begins: first, you have to hit him 3-4 times with Laser Trident at the beginning.
Don't hit him too much though, as then he will enter his second phase. Do not let this happen, as he seems to be much stronger against Laser Trident afterwards, and won't take as much damage.
Instead, keep him at his first phase, and wait for him to start an attack that takes a while to finish. I find that his ground-wave attack thing works best; whatever it's called.
Once he starts this attack, just ignore the wave and annihilate him with Laser Trident.

Congratulations, you just beat Sunstar. :)
I've Done it! Mugshot is Finally Added for Megaman 8-bit DeathMatch V6b! Enjoy The Summer! :mrgreen:

Download Link
https://www.mediafire.com/file/egpm3msi8d4a234/CNSkinPacks-MM8BDMV6b.pk3/file
Skins & Bots etc / Re: Bass' Skin Place (UPDATE! Boom goes the Dynamite... Düx!)
« Last post by bass44 on June 28, 2023, 05:18:44 AM »
Hey guys so I rereleased one of my old (and one of my favorite) skins I've made in my career of doing these.

Don't got much to say here, here is the link.
Events / Re: Cutstuff Mapping Jam 8: Jamburger
« Last post by Dr. Freeman on June 26, 2023, 03:21:14 PM »
This is not a new maps update or anything, there were just a few bugs I wanted to address and there's been enough time without hearing a new one that I went ahead and did it.
I'm sure something else that I missed will show up but those will be hit in the map update part.

JAM PACK ONE
https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronum/download.php?file=8bdm_jampack-v5d.pk3

JAM PACK TWO
https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronum/download.php?file=8bdm_jampacktwo-v2b.pk3

I'll put the super short changelog here for those interested.

(click to show/hide)
Tutorial Collection / [RESOURCE] PK3Reorder - Structure converter for Map Packs
« Last post by Russel on June 25, 2023, 11:52:46 PM »
MM8BDM version 6b changed the file structure to match the ZDoom preferred standard. Swapping to it is technically optional, but the developer of Zandronum and the administrators of server clusters like TSPG have been adamant that modders should be using the new structure because it saves on resources.

You can read about all the details on the file structure in question off of the MM8BDM Wiki.

Because MM8BDM has over 100 maps, I didn't want to move to this structure by hand... so, using Thunderono's WADParser library, I made a program to do it for me.

PK3Reorder automates most of the process of updating a map pack to the new file structure standard set out by ZDoom.

Download: Google Drive

How to use:
    1) Download above file, extract all into a folder
    2) Run PK3Reorder.exe
    3) The program will open a command prompt window and request a file. Give it the filename.
    4) Wait for the program to finish.
    5) Check the output. The program will tell you what it could not properly transfer, but it is important to double check to make sure it did not mangle anything along the way.
    6) Clean up whatever the program didn't catch. Again, the MM8BDM Wiki has a guide on how to do this.

Features:
(click to show/hide)

Non-Features:
(click to show/hide)

Requirements & Disclaimers:
System requirements: Windows system with .NET Framework 6.0. This program has not been tested on 32-bit machines.
File requirements: UDMF maps only. If you're converting files from any other format, the program will not work for it.

Because it is easier to handle files when they are exposed to the file system, part of the process involves unzipping the pk3 and re-zipping it into a new file. This may result in some changes to the resulting pk3, such as file ordering.

Fail states:
Program fails to run
Make sure the program and all the files surrounding it are properly extracted. In the folder containing them, hold shift and then right click. Click Open Powershell. Type ./PK3Reorder.exe.
There should be an https:// url in the output. Download and install the software it goes to. The package should be from Microsoft directly. .NET Framework 6.0 is required to run the program.

Error: File not found.
Specify a different file location.

Error: Could not create a folder called "textures" (or "voxels" or "animdefs" etc.)
You may need to rename one of the files (for example, the texture definition file TEXTURES to TEXTURES.txt) to differentiate the two.

Warning: Map contains non-map lumps.
This program only checks between known namespaces. It cannot make assumptions of what the file is supposed to be based on its type or placement because WAD files strip away things like file extensions and studying the file structure of every supported type is infeasible for a project such as this. If any files are outside of proper namespaces, you will need to port them manually.
Projects & Creative / Re: Allan's Mod Repository (Cursed CBM Updated!)
« Last post by Pink Mario on June 16, 2023, 12:59:24 AM »
PEAK.
DECORATE and ACS Modifications / B-TLMS: Last Man Standing Enhancements
« Last post by Russel on June 16, 2023, 12:29:13 AM »
B-TLMS is a mod that provides a few toggleable enhancements to LMS game modes.

Download: TSPG

Features:
(click to show/hide)

DECORATE and ACS Modifications / Maverick Classes Lite
« Last post by Pink Mario on June 15, 2023, 11:35:12 PM »
Have you ever wanted to fight as mega man x characters in MM8BDM? Well now you can!

MAVERICK CLASSES LITE

The first mega man x mod for v6b! Play as a large number of characters and bosses from the popular video game series, mega man x! with 30+ classes to choose from and even some extra characters, this (for now) is the ultimate mega man x mod!

With this mod, you can

Play as your favorite character from mega man x! All the characters, and bosses up to X5!
    Play with the brand-new weapon replacements, inserting new life to old weapons!
    Play using the nightmare setting, for a chaotic experience!
    ... Eagles?

In the future, you will be able to

Play as EVERY maverick from x1-x8!
    Play with slight modifications to the main campaign!
    Play with ALL copy weapon packs!

Currently, this mod supports the follow copy weapon packs

None... for now.

Below is a download link so you can play the mod for yourself!

WARNING, THIS MOD WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE SKINS IN YOUR SKIN FOLDER, IM SORRY BUT I CANNOT FIX THIS.

https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronum/wads.php?&name=maverickhunterclasseslite-v5b.pk3
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]