Advanced Search

Author Topic: Umbrella Corps (RE world): COD-like by capcom ?  (Read 3466 times)

September 24, 2015, 07:02:55 AM
Read 3466 times

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
Umbrella Corps (RE world): COD-like by capcom ?
« on: September 24, 2015, 07:02:55 AM »
Here is the first trailer...
(click to show/hide)
When megaman fans wait for an original game for the megaman serie (with a ton of hopes), capcom use his money to make a (it seems) COD-like with the world of resident evil.
Some people will say: "They can do it because they can get money for it"...ok but is it made with a true passion or is it just a copy of the COD licence of activision just to get easy money like a lot of companies did it before? (BLOOD 2 tried to copy Half life/goldeneye style and ruined the real atmosphere of BLOOD, by exemple).

But, im scared, people continue to buy a lot of cheap megaman goodies.....we don't get a game, i hope people will understand, with this kind of "thing" who looks to be a AAA game...
Anyways, looks like a military shooter like COD-zombie....

I didnt say the gameplay is bad (i dont have seen some real videos about the gameplay) but it looks so out of originality.... :/
From Capcom, it's sad, again.

September 24, 2015, 09:33:53 AM
Reply #1

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
is cod-like what kids these day call doom clones
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »
Large companies have multiple teams working on any amount of things at any given time.
While one team inside Capcom is working on Umbrella Corps, another may be working on a Megaman game or any number of literally anything else such as Street Fighter 5, or the inevitable expansion to the upcoming Monster Hunter X.
We'll never know precisely what they're making because we don't work at Capcom, but you constantly bashing Capcom for releasing non-Megaman games won't change anything because you're essentially asking why George Lucas, creator of Star Wars, hasn't made a new Star Trek movie.

That aside, this game looks pretty alright. I mostly skimmed through the video because it's late and I should be asleep by now-much like Myroc-so I don't know everything the trailer had to offer, but it looked unique enough for a modern FPS. I think the addition of what seems to be a third party[zombies] into a mostly pvp title is interesting and can provide some really interesting strategies to teamplay.

September 24, 2015, 04:27:51 PM
Reply #2

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
Re: Umbrella Corps (RE world): COD-like by capcom ?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 04:27:51 PM »
Yeah im pessimistic but i suppose we must wait, not sure if capcom have a devroom for megaman actually (except the one of this guy for MMLC)...so yeah, let's "wait"...
edit:
For the COD-like, i'm not really fan of this mode of modern military shooter with ZoMbIes released everywhere, i still think It's unoriginal, even if if the gameplay is good. Well, at least, there is the name "RE unbrella corps", but the fans doesnt seem like it  : p