Advanced Search

Author Topic: End or not end for the megaman story ?  (Read 2697 times)

June 04, 2016, 08:52:12 AM
Read 2697 times

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
End or not end for the megaman story ?
« on: June 04, 2016, 08:52:12 AM »
I don't understand people who want the end of some megaman series like MM classic or EXE because "the last game put a "final" end for it" because they want a ZX3 or something, i think, it's very hypocrit.

Megaman classic is not like a novel or a rpg game where you can have rarely a next story after that.
Megaman is more like Mario, Dr Wily can come back if he wants, same with Megaman X with Sigma (even with X8 story), Megaman series (Classic/X) doesnt care really about the story since the beginning and world of imagination has no limit.

The fact people want a end to some serie to be sure "their" favorite serie can continue, make me angry as hell....I don't understand why people don't assume what they think :/
Same for Megaman.EXE, MMBN6 said it's the end", but you can always find some others stuff or canon story.

And not only for megaman, but it does that for a lot of videogames serie, why people can't just accept the fact some serie could get a next story or something canon, like Megaman EXE who get MMEXE 4.5 with the tournament style game ?

And guess what, we will don't know what happened to Megaman Classic, even if some video said It could be zero who killed megaman (just because it looks "fun").
The way the fans try to crush the serie of the others with saying that is really chaotic.

I know, i don't like MM.Z and ZX for the design and story especially, i have said why, but when you have a good strong Zero and he becomes a little thing who looks like a kid, it's just a no sens (or maybe because it feet better on the gba screen), just because the game is fun doesnt mean It's a good experience, Candy Crush can be fun too ! (or not :/
For Megaman Star Force, the story and characters looks nice but it's the gameplay who bored me, i have played the first game but the "move" part frustrated me :/

I know people want have fun stuff, fun games, but when the principe start to be a no sens, why do you like this serie and not an other then? Be stuck on megaman and accept all the thing The devrooms give you, is very naive.

I like a lot the Megaman Battle Network serie (and i could cry if a new good one is released), but im pretty a new EXE will be bashed by a lot of megaman classic/X fans who are more, and more active than the fans of the others series, so if i could get a Classic/X crossover by exemple, it could be perfect.

June 05, 2016, 07:33:53 PM
Reply #1

Offline PressStart

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 03:06:04 PM

• View Profile
    • http://minimega.tumblr.com/
Re: End or not end for the megaman story ?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 07:33:53 PM »
Haha, I'm with you Emmanuel. I don't ever want these games to end, and I'm fine with them not making a story that ends... it's about the game to us, and all the cool things that come with it. New Robot Masters, new music... Even stuff like "Wily was behind it all along!" doesn't come off as tired to me, but it's something I actually find funny and look forward to. The day they release a classic Mega Man where Wily wasn't somehow behind it will feel very sad  :cry:

However, I can -understand- that to some people, they're more interested in story. The Mega Man series has a lot of cool hooks (great art, gameplay, music) and so people get invested in it, and then people want a killer story to boot. Some people aren't even interested in playing the games, they just would like a story! Which is what stuff like the comics and anime are good for.

Of course, some people also just want the series to end because they want it to evolve (as in, they'd rather have a Mega Man that tried new things rather than what we got with MM9 and MM10). I'm not against them trying new things with Mega Man, but I'm ALSO not against how great MM9 and MM10 were! Like, it honestly baffles me that someone can complain about fun games like that.

Anywho, I think a new EXE game would be wonderful! The biggest feature of course would be f'real online play, something MMBN players have always dreamed of. They could do all sorts of other neat stuff too, like Navi customization... I think they could easily make a game that not only appeals to the nostalgia of old MMBN players but bring in new ones and have an active community for it!

June 10, 2016, 09:03:46 AM
Reply #2

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:03:46 AM »
Megaman 9 & 10 are very cool (and i liked a lot the OST of megaman 9), but i think, if you want megaman to be popular, using only 8 bit style stuff won't help at all.

You can have Megaman Collection and stuff (even like mmLC) but beside, you need really some "nextgen" or good stuff to make the serie more popular, not only with stuff for nostalgic people.

June 13, 2016, 02:30:54 AM
Reply #3

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 03, 2014, 10:59:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 02:30:54 AM »
Megaman officially died after Megaman & Bass (aka Megaman 8.5). To me it died after 7, but that is just my personal opinion.

MM9 and 10 failed to me for a number of reasons:

* No PC release, forcing true fans to buy an expensive console in order to play them (the last console I bought brand new was a PS2; the last recent console I ever bought was a Wii, and I can't get rid of the thing). Also, no physical release at all, so in 15 years or whatever when the game is no longer for sale, it's history unless Capcom gives it away as freeware (yeah right, a console-only game licensed for use only on the Big Three's consoles at the time of release).

* 8-bit style design years after having three main games released on later systems with better graphics (MM7 and MM&B (offically, Rockman & Forte only) on Super Nintendo and MM8 on PlayStation and Saturn). Also, the lack of sliding and the charge shot for no reason whatsoever, despite both being in every games since 1991 (or separately in 1988 for the Atomic Fire charge shot and 1990 for the slide) - Protoman doesn't count, it must be there when using Megaman.

* No-one has actually been successful in remaking either game in full for the NES. Also, if that did happen, a poor old game cartridge would have to be sacrificed every time it was made in physical form - the game would most likely need the same ROM board (TLROM or TGROM) and MMC3 chip Megaman 3/4/5/6 uses (among other games - use those instead of destroying a genuine Megaman cartridge and making the price go up every time) and of course the CIC lockout chip so it can actually boot on a regular old front-loading NES without having to modify the console - it would also have to be able to work in PAL mode (50Hz, which does a good enough job screwing up the graphics during Megaman 3's Wily Machine battle, and lesser-known on Blizzard Man's submarine since MM6 wasn't released as a PAL version) for those not with an NTSC NES or Famicom lying about. Even if it was remade on the NES, it would still be a fangame/hack to me rather than an official Capcom game.