Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Projects & Creative

[Co-Op Map Pack] 2ndCoop (v6b compatible)

(1/9) > >>

Gummywormz:
v6B Compatible
IMPORTANT NOTE: Map02's map code was changed to map002 due to compatibility issues. Update your configs!
v6a or lower Mirror #1
v6a or lower Mirror #2

What's this about?
2ndcoop is a very serious map pack that allows you to save your favorite (and not so favorite) WADs from destruction at the hands of the evil trolls. 25 levels and 5 secret levels are playable at this time.

Can I contibute a map / be a beta tester?
We are not accepting maps or testers at this time. What we do need, however is:
* Par time submissions. Simply post a screenshot of the level complete screen and I'll average out the best scores for a future release.

General Tips:
* Don't start the maps through the offline skirmish menu.
* PLEASE set the skill to ultra-violence / 3 or lower especially on servers.
* If server lag becomes a problem in map08 / map06, try setting "compat_limitpain 1".
* Playing with "All enemies must be killed to exit" on is generally not recommended.
* Fly / Swim Up / Down is needed for the second secret map. The use key is required for a non-level secret in Map03.
* Switches with skulls on them are shootable. The red circlular switches can be stepped on to activate them.
* sv_unblockplayers 1 and sv_nomonsters 0 is pretty much a requirement. sv_sharekeys 1 and sv_samespawnspot 1 are recommended if the mod is too difficult.

Not Bugs (PLEASE read before reporting something (including things related to the difficulty of the levels / getting stuck in levels!)):
(click to show/hide)B: I don't get a wave bike when entering the pipes online!
A: I don't know how to fix this at the moment. All sections with wavebikes can be completed without them. Just enter the water directly after exploding.

B: Mets get stuck / won't target me online!
A: Mets are currently coded so that they lock on to one target at a time. If someone doesn't kill the met before passing by it, it will not target another player until the player that passed it comes back into range. All sections that involve needing to kill all mets to proceed have failsafes so you won't get stuck if someone dies or disconnects.

B: Map03's fan fiend section is impossible!
A: You can shoot the fan fiends...

B: Map03's wave bike section acts weird / is hard.
A: Shoot a blue orb to turn it red and jump to reverse gravity. Shoot it again to turn the gravity back to normal. It gets easier once you kill all the tellies.

B: I switched gravity in Map03's wave bike section and died. The gravity is now reversed and I can't retry the section!
A: The first platform is unaffected by gravity. Crash and land on it then shoot an orb back to normal.

B: Map03 is pretty long and crazy in general...
A: I am aware. An overhaul to the checkpoint system and this map are planned at some point.

B: Map05's roboenza weapon is glitched online / I pick up the roboenza capsule and nothing happens.
A: I have no idea what causes this. You can still use the weapon as normal. Just shoot the wall up close and you'll climb it.

B: What do I do in the lava / cauldron room in Map05?
A: Hit the switch on the other side, there are invisible platforms to jump on. After that, go back to the cauldron area and light them with flame blast.

B: I still get pushed when out of the water section in Map35!
A: Suicide / die. There is no penalty for dieing in that map.

B: There is no exit / im stuck in x level!
A: There is no getting stuck.

Shots of Screenieness:
(click to show/hide)

Dr. Freeman:
I don't know what I just played.
All I know is that it was an adventure.

...Of some kind.

Ohandthishappened
(click to show/hide)
Even though this isn't the most...serious pack. I'm honestly surprised by the amount of coding that went into this thing, and how well made it is.
..."Well made" being ummm
Yeah.

doofusroad:
Gummy, put up a permanet server for this
Is god tier mappack

Myroc:
Ah, satire, how I love thee. This pack entertained me a great deal. Kudos.

HD_:
If you don't like this map pack, then you my friend have a serious problem.

Although, I don't think I can ever unsee that last segment of MAP003 >.>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version