Advanced Search

Author Topic: JesterKatz's skins and bots  (Read 11633 times)

May 09, 2011, 05:28:46 AM
Read 11633 times

Offline JesterKatz

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 20, 2011, 05:17:47 AM

• View Profile
JesterKatz's skins and bots
« on: May 09, 2011, 05:28:46 AM »
After some thought, I've decided to put up my skins and bots on the forum. Since skins are more nutrient nurture natural nibbly Nestle neutral then maps, I felt people would, at the least, care less of what I make then rather then where I put them. SO any who...

Weegee Stare + Bot

This skin was made at a wimcy...(yeah, I'm gonna stick with that word) Don't recall the motivation, I just went with it. It's crappy because:
A. It's my first skin, and having two sprites would be easy.
B. Well...the meme is that he's STARING at you. It felt suitable for Weegee to just keep looking at you. Always looking at you. No matter what you are doing, no matter where you are, you know he's just staring in your direction. Looking at you like it's judging you, never stopping for one minute, never blinking for one second. He's just staring at you like he knows you're a sinner, and you'll go to hell for what you've done. YOU WILL BURN IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL FOR ALL...
*Ahem* sorry about that. Anyway...to make him even more unnerving, I decided to forgo any walking animation. I did have an idea for him to hop, but...I couldn't imagine the hopping to be very creepy. Eh, I'll think about the hopping...

As for the bot; oi, I just HAD to make Weegee into a bot. I had so much fun with the chat string...maybe too much fun?...naaa!
If I ever take the effort to learn how to do scripting, I want to make a weapon that'll make Weegee damage you should you stare at him. O_O

Sophia skin (audio) + bot

Sophia 3rd, NORA MA-01, from the famed Blaster Master game. Why not? I ask you, why not? I was actually quite shocked that it wasn't made before. So...there was an opportunity, I decided to take it. It's quite hard, pixel art, but I think I did a a fair job. I also recently added audio straight from the game, and the sound files amazingly fit the game.

The bot was made just so I could see the skin in action, since I rarely see people with the skin...The bot is Jason, who pilots Sophia, he...didn't really say much, so I didn't give him much quotes to say. I almost gave him no quotes at all, but he felt...empty. *shrugs*

Smily (audio) + bot

A smiloid, a "happy face" creature that shoots ball-like projectiles. It comes from the GBA/SNES game, Faceball 2000...which comes from MIDI Maze. MIDI Maze is one of the earlier generations of FPS games, so I think making the smiloid skins is rather appropriate, almost like a tribute. And I say that ironically because I FPS is my worst genre. : )
And yes, there were FPS games before Doom or Wolfenstein. (BLASPHEMY!!!) Believe or not, before there were marines, solders, war heroes, spies (Goldeneye), Spartans, etc that duked it out...there were happy faces killing each other. Granted the happy faces weren't literally the first FPS fighters, but they did keep the genre alive and kicking.
Now the game, Faceball 2000, was made for two systems, but I'm going to focus on the SNES version, which the sounds comes from. Namely the sounds for the smiloid being hit, dying, and the taunt, which is a robotic, "HAVE A NICE DAY!"
This critter is actually a prototype, of what I liked future smiloids to look like. And before anyone gets hissy, I know it's shadow is rather awkward. But I like the idea of the smiloid floating, and it looked worse without a shadow. Now to my defense, smiloids don't normally jump, so if it looks wierd that it's casting it's shadow in mid-air, don't jump : P.

The bot is also a prototype, I'm not able to get it to say it's robotic, "HAVE A NICE DAY!" sadly. But as soon as I figure out how, I'll be sure to put it into future smiloid bots.

Put on Kill a Happy Face!

May 09, 2011, 05:39:59 AM
Reply #1

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
Re: JesterKatz's skins and bots
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:39:59 AM »
You should have some screenshots. Most people around here won't download a thing without being able to see what it looks like it.

May 10, 2011, 11:51:07 PM
Reply #2

Offline JesterKatz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 11:51:07 PM »
Eh, if nobody can take a minute or two off their frag fest to download a skin and test it out, so be it. I'll get a good night's rest whether you download my skins or not.

Besides, thought I'll understand Faceball, no one here knows about the weegee staring meme, or Blaster Master? I guess that's why the latter was never made into a skin.

May 10, 2011, 11:58:24 PM
Reply #3

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:58:24 PM »
We recognize the characters. It's the quality of the skin we're usually concerned with.

Still, at least post some screenshots. Even little sprites will do. I like to know what my skin looks like in advance.

May 11, 2011, 04:12:35 AM
Reply #4

Offline JesterKatz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 04:12:35 AM »
Assume something is crap unless someone posts pictures to prove you wrong...or right.
I originally put up the Smily skin for Darkwing Duck. The other skins and bots are for "why the hell not?" reasons, for anyone who's curious enough to see my skins. For everyone else, if you assume what I have is crap and you won't like it, odds are, you're right.

May 11, 2011, 04:15:53 AM
Reply #5

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 04:15:53 AM »
Other issues are people posting viruses or malware. You have only recently started posting here, so I would be a bit skeptical to downloading anything from you. Now I'm not saying you are doing that, but If you have screenshots it makes you generally more trustful.

Whatever, we can't force you take screenshots. Just keep in mind your turning off a lot of people by simply not having screenshots.

May 11, 2011, 04:58:39 AM
Reply #6

Offline Awbawlisk

• Warrior

• I can now see the rest of my medals again.
  • Date Registered: January 04, 2011, 02:18:59 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 04:58:39 AM »
Ivory don't forget.... Even if u do give proof... There are still viruses and malware...... so its like good and bad..... but good might not matter anymore after a while and bad will be the main.

May 11, 2011, 05:39:38 AM
Reply #7

Offline JesterKatz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 05:39:38 AM »
First you assume the skins are of poor quality, now you assume they'll make your computer worse them the skins themselves. Two days, and already I'm labeled a black hatted craker. I wonder what the third knife'll be.

May 11, 2011, 05:41:52 AM
Reply #8

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 05:41:52 AM »
Psst, JesterKatz assassinated puppies.
When people view skins, they want a screenshot or some sort of preview so they know what they're downloading. An explanation like you did is nice, but it's just not...visual, y'know? It's like if MM8BDM was an ASCII game. It wouldn't be nearly as interesting. (Actually, it might be more so because an ASCII FPS sounds incredibly neat.)

May 11, 2011, 05:43:56 AM
Reply #9

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 05:43:56 AM »
Look, I don't download anything unless I have a screenshot.  I want to see what I'm downloading.  That's all you need to do.  Why this has to be a fight, I have no idea.

May 11, 2011, 09:38:46 PM
Reply #10

Offline Alucard

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 01:20:17 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMephiles9000
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 09:38:46 PM »
Wait....I think there was a Sophia skin somewhere else...Lemme check the wiki first though.

EDIT: Nevermind guys, it was made by JesterKatz. i downloaded it myself, and have had it for a while. No viruses or malware.

May 12, 2011, 12:54:32 AM
Reply #11

Offline JesterKatz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 12:54:32 AM »
The Sophia on the wiki and this one are pretty much the same, the only difference is that the one I posted here has the sound FX from the game, the sprites are the same. I didn't bother posting the old Sophia because I consider it "outdated," and it felt redundant.

April 28, 2017, 07:40:19 PM
Reply #12

SMMG44

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 07:40:19 PM »
Uh, why can't I get ANY of these skins?
Did you close your mediafire account? If so, that's saddening.

April 29, 2017, 08:54:52 AM
Reply #13

Offline Oliver

• Standard Member

• I'm only used to M.U.G.E.N.
  • Date Registered: June 07, 2013, 04:13:52 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 08:54:52 AM »
Uh, why can't I get ANY of these skins?
Did you close your mediafire account? If so, that's saddening.

Why, why did you have to bump a 6 year old thread that is dead? Couldn't you just leave it alone?

April 29, 2017, 10:02:46 AM
Reply #14

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yeah call us, we'll be drunk!
  • Date Registered: November 23, 2011, 03:40:05 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »
Agreed, I think this should be locked unless Jester comes back.