Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Bug?]Desktop Unavailability After Long Play Time  (Read 3268 times)

May 07, 2020, 08:47:37 PM
Read 3268 times

Offline Reverb

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 14, 2020, 03:28:49 AM

• View Profile
[Bug?]Desktop Unavailability After Long Play Time
« on: May 07, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »
I have a very big issue to post about. I'll be playing 8-Bit Deathmatch for a while, then I need to go do something or I just fall asleep (like just earlier). When I try to exit the game, I can't click anything on my desktop! the taskbar works for a little while, but then it's disabled too. Basically the mouse still works but it isn't able to interact with anything on the screen at all. So I have to use the keyboard to open Task Manager and restart explorer.exe, which also does not work. After waiting a long time, suddenly the mouse is interactable again! This has happened every time I leave the game on for about an hour unattended (AFK)*. I have no idea why it does that, but I don't know if its really a game bug. Either way, it's a little odd. It probably doesn't even happen to other people...

*This is how you cause the issue to happen, but make sure you don't have anything else running that you need to click on at that time.

May 08, 2020, 07:51:56 AM
Reply #1

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Bug?]Desktop Unavailability After Long Play Time
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 07:51:56 AM »
I know that the mouse doesn't appear at all if you don't open the in-game menu...
But, I'm not sure if that is indeed your issue. Sounds like a problem.

In any case, you can just quit the game whenever you want to, since it autosaves progress.
I guess the simplest solution is simply to just...not leave the game unattended. If the mouse does indeed return after some time, then it's thankfully not critical, at the very least.

January 28, 2021, 12:01:41 AM
Reply #2

Offline Binary_Newer

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 24, 2019, 12:01:20 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 12:01:41 AM »
I have this issue too, but when it happens I just press ctrl+alt+del (which opens the Security Options) and I click "cancel" until it works. Have you tried that?

January 29, 2021, 09:03:23 PM
Reply #3

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »
I think it's an issue with Zandropnum, this is something I've run into.

You can fix it by opening the console or the menu and then right clicking somewhere outside the game's window.