Advanced Search

Author Topic: [RESOURCE] Skin Generator for MM8BDM  (Read 1596 times)

October 20, 2020, 07:30:18 PM
Read 1596 times

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
[RESOURCE] Skin Generator for MM8BDM
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:30:18 PM »
So I think it's pretty easy to say that going from spritesheet to skin file can be quite tedious and annoying. It requires you remembering the rotational numbers while also manually renaming each and every file. I wanted to change that, so here we are.

This resource works best if you've already got a general idea of how the skin creation process works and it'll still require you to have SLADE 3 for setting a skin's offsets, so be sure to check out the original skin tutorial found here, https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=10931.0

MM8BDM Skin Generator

In general, this resource allows you to unpack a spritesheet using Alferd Spritesheet Unpacker in the correct order into the INPUT folder. It provides support for 1, 5, and 8 rotation skins with template files provided for each to show how best to format your spritesheet for this resource. You can then use the Skin Generator to automatically rename the sprites and pack them into a pk3 file with a properly defined SKININFO file. At that point, all that's left for you to do is to do the offsets for the skin, but as you'll see in the showcase below, even that can be automated rather quickly.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Download Here!

October 20, 2020, 07:44:43 PM
Reply #1

Offline Allanx

• Standard Member

• funniest person ever
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2020, 01:10:05 AM

• View Profile
    • AllanxDB
Re: [RESOURCE] Skin Generator for MM8BDM
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 07:44:43 PM »
i needed this

October 20, 2020, 11:30:20 PM
Reply #2

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
Re: [RESOURCE] Skin Generator for MM8BDM
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 11:30:20 PM »
Fascinating! This was my least favorite part about skinning by far to the point where it outweighed any fun of actually spriting. I'll look into it next time I can.