Advanced Search

Author Topic: Things in Megaman that you never noticed before until recent  (Read 210502 times)

July 06, 2016, 12:48:13 PM
Reply #735

Offline Zynk

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2012, 12:20:10 PM

• View Profile
Re: Things in Megaman that you never noticed before until re
« Reply #735 on: July 06, 2016, 12:48:13 PM »
^According to MMKB, these guys were not based on them other than having similar names.

July 06, 2016, 03:47:48 PM
Reply #736

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 06, 2016, 03:47:48 PM »
So I noticed that Ray from Mighty No. 9 kinda looks like Zero from Megaman X.

In Japanese, the number 0 can either be said as ?? (Zero, pronounced zeh-roh), or ?? (rei).

To however created Ray, I see what you did there!  :D

July 08, 2016, 01:26:28 AM
Reply #737

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 08, 2016, 01:26:28 AM »
You know how everyone says, like, how "Mega Man games usually have all eight bosses available at the start of the game"?
Well, that's not exactly true

Counting all the Classic games, 11 of them start off with all Robot Master bosses
Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5, Mega Man 6, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, Mega Man's Soccer, Mega Man PC, Mega Man 3 PC

And counting all the ones that start off with a few, and unlock more later...
Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge, Mega Man II, Mega Man III, Mega Man IV, Mega Man V, Mega Man - The Wily Wars, Rockman & Forte Challenger from the Future, Rockman Strategy
and you get 11 games

So they're equal
And while I did count licensed games, since there are two licensed games in each category, they're still tied if you don't count them

(And the reason why people think 8 bosses at once is more common is because all the "main" games in the "all robot masters at once" category are the NES (and NES styled) ones. All the ones in the "not all at once" category are exclusively non-NES)
(And I counted Wily Wars under "at few at a time" because the Wily Tower Robot Masters are not available until you beat 38 other bosses)

July 09, 2016, 05:45:34 AM
Reply #738

Offline NemZ

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 03:00:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 09, 2016, 05:45:34 AM »
The wily wars should not be listed with the second category.  The genesis unit is effectively on the level of doc robot or killer, not RMs.

Arguably Dr. Wily's Revenge shouldn't either since they're just boss fights and not actual stages.

July 10, 2016, 07:07:23 PM
Reply #739

Offline *Alice

• Standard Member

• summertime everywhere summertime in your hair
  • Date Registered: January 07, 2013, 11:56:48 PM

• View Profile
    • aliceif#4000
« Reply #739 on: July 10, 2016, 07:07:23 PM »
What about Megaman for Game Gear?

July 14, 2016, 10:08:17 PM
Reply #740

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 14, 2016, 10:08:17 PM »
Duo is weird in his coloring, for the most part he uses the same primary color as everyone else, but his secondary color is vastly different in some weapons.
Though he only featured this in a single game in which Proto a secondary color, and Bass' were regulated to his gems.

While it doesn't account for MM9, Proto using Mega's color changing set up (where his suit actually changes colors) was needed in 10, since Rebound Striker and Triple Blade both use the same primary color in game. Bass using this also helped though Bass would have still used the secondary color on his gem, though climbing ladders would have made it impossible to know which weapon was on without shooting.

July 21, 2016, 08:54:35 PM
Reply #741

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 03, 2014, 10:59:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 21, 2016, 08:54:35 PM »
Quote from: "Geno"
It looks more like a late-NES first-party title from the box design, and CAPCOM is only mentioned once in small text in the first page of the manual. (Also, Mega Man's the most on-model he would ever be on the boxart until MM8. The people at Nintendo of America knew how to draw Mega Man better than the people at CAPCOM USA)
Looks great alongside the PAL versions of 3, 4 and 5 (and the German version of 2, although I don't own it, I have the regular PAL-A version where he looks like RoboCop instead). Who knows what drugs Capcom's international artists were on back then. I always thought the US depiction of Megaman in 3, 4 and 5 looked like Alfred E. Neuman (the What, Me Worry? kid) from MAD Magazine. So glad they redrew his face in the European versions (or with 3, remade the entire boxart and turned Dr. Wily into my namesake - look at his hair!)

August 01, 2016, 04:29:21 PM
Reply #742

Offline hauleroftrees

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 30, 2016, 03:00:38 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 01, 2016, 04:29:21 PM »
I thought the Flash Stopper was another name for the Time Stopper  :mrgreen:

August 02, 2016, 04:32:13 AM
Reply #743

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

• View Profile
    • http://sonicfansunited.forumotion.com/
« Reply #743 on: August 02, 2016, 04:32:13 AM »
Quote from: "hauleroftrees"
I thought the Flash Stopper was another name for the Time Stopper  :mrgreen:

Time Stopper = Flash Man

Flash Stopper = Bright Man

Although sometimes i got to correct myself when I start to call Time Stopper the wrong name, because usually the weapon has the first part of the robot's name in it.

Metal Man = Metal Blade
Bubble Man = Bubble Lead
Air Man = Air Shooter
Fire Man = Fire Storm
Ice Man = Ice Slasher

However, some weapons break this rule

Guts Man = Super Arm
Elec Man = Thunder Beam
Wood Man = Leaf Shield
Toad Man = Rain Flush
Burst Man = Danger Wrap

August 04, 2016, 07:10:53 AM
Reply #744

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 04, 2016, 07:10:53 AM »
Does that mean Bright Stopper should be Time Man's weapon? :)

Shade Man's Noise Crush also qualifies as a rule-breaker (and a game-breaker too against Turbo Man!)

Atomic Heat and Wood Shield need to become weapons now.

August 05, 2016, 09:51:44 PM
Reply #745

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 05, 2016, 09:51:44 PM »
Quote from: "Megaman94"
However, some weapons break this rule
There's quite a few that do that
Guts Man = Super Arm
Elec Man = Thunder Beam
Flash Man = Time Stopper
Heat Man = Atomic Fire
Wood Man = Leaf Shield
Bright Man = Flash Stopper
Toad Man = Rain Flush
Burst Man = Danger Wrap
Cloud Man = Thunder Bolt
Spring Man = Wild Coil
Shade Man = Noise Crush
Turbo Man = Scorch Wheel
Tengu Man = Tornado Hold
Astro Man = Copy Vision
Clown Man = Thunder Claw
Search Man = Homing Sniper
Frost Man = Ice Wave
Grenade Man = Flash Bomb
Aqua Man = Water Balloon
Dynamo Man = Lightning Bolt
Ground Man = Spread Drill
Pirate Man = Remote Mine
Splash Woman = Laser Trident
Galaxy Man = Black Hole Bomb
Pump Man = Water Shield
Sheep Man = Thunder Wool
Nitro Man = Wheel Cutter
Volt Man = Force Field
Dyna Man = Nuclear Detonator
Wave Man PC = Water Shooter

Also, all the ones from V, RF2, and Strategy don't have the Robot Master's name in them

Also, you could possibly count Cut Man's Rolling Cutter and Strike Man's Rebound Striker, though their names are there, they're part of a larger word

August 14, 2016, 02:32:24 AM
Reply #746

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤

• View Profile
Re: Things in Megaman that you never noticed before until recent
« Reply #746 on: August 14, 2016, 02:32:24 AM »
I was looking at some MM7 sprites when I noticed something
MM7 uses no less than four differently styled sets of Dr. Wily sprites during the game!

From left to right, there's in the UFO, in the Wily Machine, Wily on his own, and in the Wily Capsule
UFO Wily has super detailed hair that's also shaped similarly to his MM1 artwork. His skin also only uses two shades and an outline colour, wheras the other Wilys use three shades and an outline colour. UFO Wily's mustache is also "poofier" than the other Wilys
Machine Wily has a noticeably large forehead, making him seem somewhat off-model. His pupils are smaller than UFO and Capsule Wilys, and the same size as "normal" Wily. While not a lot of hair is visible, it seems to be less detailed than UFO Wily's. Machine Wily also has differently shaped ears than the other Wilys
"Normal" Wily is the one we all know. His hair is a bit more like how it's supposed to be in post-MM2 games, but still not quite the same as how it's depicted in artwork. His face is detailed somewhat similarly to UFO Wily, except with bigger eyes and a droopier mustache. Also with softer shading and no shininess on his forehead
Capsule Wily, I only included because his hair is the closest to the hairstyle that Wily has in all the game artwork. Additionally, he has some oddly large pupils when compared to the size of the rest of his eye

and that's all for a ridiculously long comparison of dr. wily sprites from a game that many people seemingly don't care about

August 14, 2016, 06:20:00 PM
Reply #747

Offline LemonPig

• Standard Member

• Im Chompdoge
  • Date Registered: August 09, 2016, 06:46:02 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 14, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »
I have noticed that there are 17 sigmas in the mmx series,not 16, bcause nobody counted sigmas dog from x1

August 17, 2016, 12:03:31 AM
Reply #748

Offline Promestein

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 27, 2013, 04:02:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 17, 2016, 12:03:31 AM »
On an earlier page, it was asked 'why does Mega Man have those little holes on the bottoms of his feet'?

I think it's a minor Gundam reference. Like how Proto Man references Char, his shield is a recolored Gelgoog shield, Sniper Joes are references to Zakus, and ZX Advent references every single Gundam timeline that existed at that point.

August 17, 2016, 02:56:08 AM
Reply #749

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 17, 2016, 02:56:08 AM »
Messing with cheats...

In Megaman 3, if you die while retrieving the weapon from a defeated Robot Master (e.g. the game is filling up the weapon energy in the menu before it goes to the "You Got" screen), you are put back into the hallway to fight the boss again, but you also get to keep the weapon. Of course, you can't actually die after beating a boss since the game locks the controls, and there are no bottomless pits or spikes in the Robot Master rooms anyway. The only way to do this is to get Megaman to fall into a bottomless pit by hacking his vertical position in the game RAM.

Change Megaman's vertical position (NES RAM 0x3C0, at least on the US version, haven't checked Rockman 3 or the European version) to a high number like 0xF0 (240 decimal) after defeating the boss while the weapon energy is filling up; when the game unpauses itself, Megaman will fall into the abyss and the game will respawn you instead of taking you to the "You Got" screen. Note: You do not get Rush Jet or Rush Marine if you do this against Needle/Shadow, only the Robot Master weapon. If you kill Megaman before the menu screen shows up, the weapon glitch won't happen. Note: When this is done in Shadow Man's boss room, Megaman will fall through the floor into another boss hall, simply keep poking 0xF0 before the screen scrolls into that room so he falls into the abyss before he can teleport out (if he teleports, "You Got Shadow Blade and Rush Marine"). Note 2: Don't freeze Megaman's height when he is teleporting, as the game will get stuck for ages (if not forever) even if you have disabled the cheat.

If you get a game over after doing this, you get to keep the weapon too, even if you go back to the stage select instead of continuing on the same stage, and the Robot Master is still not considered defeated so you can go back into their stage even though you have the weapon! Note: If you reset the game and attempt to use the password it gave you, you will not get the extra weapon(s) - it's the same password you get depending on how many bosses you defeated (and of course, 0-9 energy tanks). In other words, if you decide to glitch every single weapon and 9 energy tanks for a killer password, it won't happen, all you'll get is plain old red A6 (assuming you have 9 tanks) and/or any bosses you defeated without glitching. Lastly, since you didn't actually receive the Rush Jet and Rush Marine, remember to fill up on both if you need them (use the Shadow Blade/Spark Shock weapon select glitch and Gemini Man's stage to refill both - RM needs Gemini Man's stage since there are no other water sections until the Doc Robot/Wily stages when you have everything anyway).

Just some interesting/useless info if someone wants to reprogram the game to add a kaizo trap or whatever. :)