Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > MM8BDM Discussion

Did you know??? MM8BDM

<< < (2/15) > >>

Russel:

--- Quote from: "Mendez" ---Did you know that you are capable of jumping 90 pixels high when most maps assume you can only jump 64?
--- End quote ---

This is actually incorrect. The maximum climbing height with the top of a jump is 91 map units.
But this is climbing height, not jump height. This combines how high you jump with how high of a stair you can step up.
The highest stair you can climb by default is 24 map units, meaning the actual max jump height is actually 67 map units.
Any higher than that and players have to climb up to the top of the height, resulting in a less smooth transition.

With that in mind, here's something more useful.
The maximum jump height, without climbing, while underwater is 205 units. Adding in climbing brings that up to 229 units.

Note that these are just reference values and that I do not encourage mapping using these numbers as it could look pretty bad given the nature of the textures in this game.

Uhhh... thanks for reading and tune in next time for more Did You Know MM8BDM.

fortegigasgospel:
You can actually make it up a 96 unit difference, Abandoned Wily Fortress actually has a spot with one and the transition only feels slightly weird, like you are just barely making the jump.
It should be the only point I've done and it was simply to fit a texture to the wall there anyway, but it works and isn't hard to pull off.

It is doable, but I don't recommend it often, so, the more you know?

Russel:
96 units is 3 airman tiles, you can't jump that high

fortegigasgospel:

--- Quote from: "Lego" ---96 units is 3 airman tiles, you can't jump that high
--- End quote ---
Ok yea I had the measurements for it wrong, it was 80 units, my bad.

BiscuitSlash:
Did you know that the current sound effect for Leaf Shield is a version of the sound that is looped once? In Megaman 2, Lead Shield would repeatedly play a short sound, but in MM8BDM this sound plays twice each time it is used. Presumably done to provide better playback during gameplay, especially online.

Did you know that certain Doom creatures can be summoned while having their appearances be that of a Robot Master? For example, typing "Summon centaur" in the console, will summon a Centaur from Doom, but with the appearance of Centaurman from MM6.

Did you know that the Instagib Metal Blade uses sound differently to most other weapons? Rather than having the player make the firing sound, the Instagib Metal Blade has the high speed projectile play the sound, to create a more intense effect for when a player almost gets hit by one.

Did you know that you shouldn't type "Summon ammo" into the console?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version