Advanced Search

Author Topic: The Awesome Games that Nobody's ever heard of  (Read 18468 times)

February 07, 2012, 11:35:09 AM
Reply #90

Offline Turbodude

• Warrior

• Minus the whole 'dude' thing.
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2010, 12:06:31 AM

• View Profile
    • My Twitch! (Fightingpolygonteam)
Re: The Awesome Games that Nobody's ever heard of
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Another obscure game in mind would have to be Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. I never read the comic book nor watched the cartoon, but the game is still fun. It's got the fast-paced beatemup gameplay you'd expect from something like Final Fight, only much smoother and refined. Not to mention the music kicks ass:
(click to show/hide)

February 08, 2012, 04:07:07 AM
Reply #91

Offline Zytix

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 12, 2010, 08:52:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:07 AM »
I'd say the Monster Rancher series. It's sort of like pokemon, you train a monster and then enter it into tournaments where it fights other monsters. I've spent plenty of time on the second game of this series, as it gets pretty addicting when you find a species of monster you like and figure out how to train them best.

February 08, 2012, 06:56:01 AM
Reply #92

Offline Shade Guy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: February 02, 2011, 10:42:15 PM

• View Profile
Remind me to remake one of these TS2 maps for MM8BDM
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2012, 06:56:01 AM »
Quote from: "sonicfan966"
Another obscure game in mind would have to be Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
Hah, I remember playing through this with a friend. Some of the features were uh, odd...Such us rejoining the game by dropping from the sky with a machine gun in hand. "Need a hand?" indeed. I also managed to kill one of the later bosses by knocking it offscreen and spamming the punch button.

While not exactly obscure, it is indeed awesome and not incredibly well-known...And by that I haven't seen it on this topic, so here goes...
(click to show/hide)
Made by people that were also in the development team for Goldeneye, probably the most recognised N64 FPS, Timesplitters 2 (for PS2, Gamecube and XBox) features very fast-paced gameplay, a large amount of modes and characters (including a circus bear, a snowman floating on a magic carpet and a monkey), catchy music and a mapmaker...As you can see from the video, it doesn't take itself very seriously...Which is probably for the best, because if it did, the game wouldn't be as memorable.

February 09, 2012, 03:52:09 AM
Reply #93

Offline Smunch

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 28, 2010, 04:11:16 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2012, 03:52:09 AM »
Quote from: "Blathers"
I recently dug out my old PS2, and I was delighted to find this game still in great working order.

(click to show/hide)

Excuse me while I play this to get myself up to speed.

I love you so much right now for reminding me of this game's existence.  Excuse me as I enjoy playing it for days.