Advanced Search

Author Topic: Rozark's Palace: Football is Here  (Read 92899 times)

August 23, 2017, 01:21:08 AM
Reply #165

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: Rozark's Palace: V4's V5B fix
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2017, 01:21:08 AM »
https://allfearthesentinel.net/wads/rozv4hotfix.wad
(On the front page too)

This fixes the wily grovel errors created by V5B for RozpackV4, allowing it to be played in V5B. Make sure to load this BEFORE RozpackV4, otherwise the patch won't work at all.

4.5 is still in progress, sorry for the delay. Between overtime from online classes (college in general really), collapse over someone for their petty reasons, and cruddy internet, I've had very little free time where I've actually felt good about working on it. However, I've been able to do a lot more over these past few weeks for some reason. From rehauling the powerhouse (again) and the study to structure updating Last Whisper. Weapon layouts have also been looked at (although going through everything is slow) with new, fresh rules. No more or less than 8 weapons per map, 1 weapon per slot, and 1 slot per map has 2 weapons instead (for the minor spicy variety and I don't currently plan on giving up on the core number 8). Large capsules are more varied and placed throughout the map, along with small capsule rearrangement (compared to the archaic "1 of each large capsule per map"). All layouts are now finished, with only texturing remaining on a select few. In theory I'm almost done with it but I just don't know exactly when, my apologies. I hope you all look forward to it.

P.S. Remove Roz16 from rotations it doesn't work for anything that isn't recreational. (Also reminder that the map was replaced entirely in 4.5)

August 24, 2017, 07:58:19 AM
Reply #166

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: Rozark's Palace: V4's V5B fix + UpdatedTaunts
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2017, 07:58:19 AM »
I meant to do this like a week ago whooooooooooooops
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

CALL NOW WITHIN THE NEXT X AMOUNT OF MINUTES TO OBTAIN THIS SPECIAL OFFER
(click to show/hide)

Changelog is on the front post.

June 09, 2018, 07:40:38 AM
Reply #167

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: Rozark's Palace: Newsletter Six + 4.5 Release Window
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2018, 07:40:38 AM »
A NEWSLETTER? IN 2018? WOW! INCREDIBLE!

The opening is quite a huge reflective rant and I'm aware some people aren't really into that, so I'm setting a warning here now. If you're interested in what's happened to this project over the past few months, make sure to read it. If not, well, there's pretty pictures and brief explanations that you can enjoy. The ending is quite important though, so make sure to check that out.

(click to show/hide)

June 09, 2018, 11:13:18 AM
Reply #168

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »
A NEWSLETTER? IN 2018? WOW! INCREDIBLE!

The opening is quite a huge reflective rant and I'm aware some people aren't really into that, so I'm setting a warning here now. If you're interested in what's happened to this project over the past few months, make sure to read it. If not, well, there's pretty pictures and brief explanations that you can enjoy. The ending is quite important though, so make sure to check that out.

(click to show/hide)
Nice Maps!

June 09, 2018, 05:32:38 PM
Reply #169

Offline Sir Anon0mos

• Standard Member

• Sir An0n, has it all on UHF
  • Date Registered: July 29, 2016, 02:00:58 AM

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2018, 05:32:38 PM »
Noice! I can't wait.

March 10, 2019, 11:57:46 PM
Reply #170

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: Rozark's Palace: Rozpack 4.5 Release!
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2019, 11:57:46 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Hey everybody! Thanks for attending the online test sessions if you participated in those!
I'm so jittery right now; it's been 3 and a half years.
3 and a half years.
3 AND A HALF YEARS

Yeah, crazy I know. During my downtime at college and when I was feeling alright to work on this, I did just that.
I'm incredibly nervous that such a long period of time would do something towards expectations.
I've undergone multiple mapping style changes over the course of this update and some of the more older maps' years might show.
That's fine. I can't keep this in the bag forever. I've got to release it at some point, right?
Today is that day.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
I AM PROUD TO PRESENT
ROZPACK 4.5

Links on the front page, as usual.

So, what's next then? Well, this version of the pack is the second to last major update that I plan on releasing, but this isn't
a V4 situation. Unlike V4 where it only had one version, I'm going to continue monitoring this closely and provide smaller
updates as necessary. Right now, I'm keeping a close eye on Roz04 and Roz14 as they're the prime suspects of problem children, but I'll be in and out of servers (along with general communication methods) obtaining feedback like I usually do.

As for other projects, I have plans to update the doombuilder tutorial. I have it all laid out and organized already; most of the writing is complete and at least 1/3 of the tutorial walkthrough is complete. I've been in the middle of updating GenesisTunes to fit with V5's songs and overall sound quality/extensions. I don't know when either of these are going to be complete. This is primarily because most of my focus has shifted to working on my own Metroidvania in GZDoom, which has been codenamed AREAG. AREAG has nothing to do with 8BDM and serves to expand my general game/map design portfolio to help prepare for future work. Given enough time, I'll return to give Rozpack its last expansion and upgrading the title to Rozpack V. I have all of the map ideas already worked out, so it's just a matter of actually sitting down and making five more layouts.

Thanks for everyone involved in the making of this pack. I mean it. This was not an easy feat and I'm glad to have the support behind it that I do. Have fun on my latest creations everyone!

March 11, 2019, 03:16:51 AM
Reply #171

Offline Sir Anon0mos

• Standard Member

• Sir An0n, has it all on UHF
  • Date Registered: July 29, 2016, 02:00:58 AM

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2019, 03:16:51 AM »
Code: [Select]
- Team Spawns are now available for team modes on all 35 maps
Noice

March 18, 2019, 08:02:48 PM
Reply #172

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2019, 08:02:48 PM »
Hi I have an important announcement.

To push play away from the beta/release candidate versions and on to the actual release (which was released 8 days ago now), I'll be removing those versions from TSPG on March 31st 2019 around 11:59PM EST. This two weeks notice should be plenty of time for server hosts to update their configs should they choose to continue to host my content.

November 03, 2020, 02:06:44 AM
Reply #173

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: Rozark's Palace: Football is Here
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2020, 02:06:44 AM »
Hi I have another important announcement.
(click to show/hide)

One flag CTF is a good time, yeah?
Two and a half years ago I made a football stadium but it was pretty huge.
A few days (week?) ago, IGBreakDashWep was born.
I knew what I had to do. It was my calling.
I have updated the stadium. It is now ball ready.

Stadium Preview
(click to show/hide)
Included are three times of day, each with their own song.
A confetti welcome, fireworks, and the American sport of UNITED STATES FOOTBALL DO NOT CALL ME SOCCER

I'm also opening submissions for custom made advertisements.
I'll include them in future versions of the map along with your name in the credits file.
Ads will cycle in and out on map load similar to how Proton Powerhouse handles it as a way to ensure equal RNG time amongst all advertisements competing for the currently 22 locations they can spawn at.
If you want to make one, please use the template below and follow my three rules:

1. Use only the white space provided - the border stays but can be changed colors as needed.
2. Nothing blatantly NSFW, racist, or real life political/religious. As an example, Light v Wily is fine but please don't do something like Biden v Trump.
3. They don't have to be megaman related but should still be sprite-based for consistency reasons.

I hold the right to reject entries for whatever reason, although I don't really expect to use this power. It's just a safety legalese disclaimer.
(click to show/hide)

Contact me through cutmail if you're hella old or by Discord (Rozark #0873) if you're not hella old.

Go. Play. Foot Ball.
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=eclipse_stadium.wad

November 03, 2020, 04:28:29 PM
Reply #174

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2020, 04:28:29 PM »
I actually wanna say that CBM, CCBM, Objective Combo, Roll's Chaos Generator and other mods, expansions, and map packs should totally submit advertisements.

November 08, 2020, 10:36:07 AM
Reply #175

Offline supersmashgaming

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2018, 03:25:18 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2020, 10:36:07 AM »
I don't know if anyone has brought this up be there is genesis remix for time man.

Also why not use the music used in Wily Wars for Mega Man 1, 2, and 3?

November 08, 2020, 07:18:44 PM
Reply #176

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2020, 07:18:44 PM »
I saw the Timeman one on release and will definitely include it when the update finishes. I'm just waiting for a complimentary Oilman one, although that might take some time. I think there's an alternate Oilman one that exists somewhere, so if I can find one, I'll use that instead of waiting.
As for the Wily Wars stuff, I want at least some level of consistency by using almost exclusively LegendofRenegade stuff if I'm able to.

I started re-ripping and re-looping all of the songs when V5 released. Apparently most songs have additional parts that my initial release accidentally cut out. Part of the "cleanup + V5" update was to include those pieces back into the loops, even if it bloated filesize. I made it through MM6 and started on MM7 before a few real life things took over. Now that V6 is here, I can add the MM10 stuff, but I'm unsure on how I'll handle the MMV stuff.

November 10, 2020, 02:11:45 AM
Reply #177

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873

November 24, 2020, 03:11:08 AM
Reply #178

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender