General > The WWW board

Archaea

(1/1)

Kameron:
For a few years now, I have been working on a story that I just couldn't get out. Now, after years of slowly developing the plot in my head, I burst it out and into the world. I hope you all enjoy Archaea.
Link to DA upload

For those who wan't to read it here.
(click to show/hide)Introduction

It was an average saturday afternoon. As usual, I find myself laying on my couch that was missing a cushion, while above the couch, hangs in a stained wood frame, my High School diploma and a certificate for a scholorship in Robotic Engineering that got me no where. In front of me on a broken table is my dad's old black and white knob TV that he gave me when I left home. It could only find one channel, which was a sort of shopping channel concerned on selling make-up products. I didn't care for it.
     Outside, a storm was going off. The occasional lightning bolt lit up my already poorly lit apartment room. The blast of light reflected not only the couch I slept on, but the small stove that was missing a few parts due to rust. As well as the bathroom that's toilet is too small for any human being. I could see a small glare coming from the cracked mirror that lay above the sink that, just recently, had it's water cut off.
     Next to me lay the life I once had. An old picture that showed three overly happy people in front of a sunny beach. The one of the far left was my best friend Kyle. His light brown hair was cut thin and short, as he liked it.  He always joked that it "brought out" his already fluroesent green eyes. His freckled hand was resting across his girlfriends shoulder, who was also my sister Alicia, but we ironically called her Al. She wasn't a frilly "must be pretty or else" kind of girl, she was more of a tom boy, but she still acted like a girl here an then. Her bright blond hair was held in a pony tail that went down atleast to her upper back. If anything was certain, her hair really brought out her eyes. Her light grey eyes. Those eyes, sadly, were the reason she was colorblind.
     Resting on her other shoulder was myself. My hair was jet black. It made me look a little weird with my pasty white skin. My glasses, which were my most defining feature, hid my light brown eyes. They also made my nose look smaller than it really was. We all were wearing white T-shirts that read "Denver Science Convention" in large orange letters with beaker-like designs behind the letters. The shirt matched my skin, but it made Kyle and Alivia's tanned skin more dominant. This was about a month before the accident.
     Another bolt of lightning flashed off, revealing my apartment once again. Except for one small detail, there was a sillouette of a man. Lightning flashed once more revealing a small amount of him. His left arm was in a self made cast that wrapped around his shoulder. His face had several cuts that glistend red, and his Army green jacket had several slashes in it, revealing many, many wounds. In an instant he fell over, leaving a bloody smear on the window. I rushed to the door to pull him in.

Just an average saturday afternoon.

Kameron:
New Chapter is Out!
Chapter 1
(click to show/hide)Click the link instead, lazies.
Also I made a snazzy cover for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version