Advanced Search

Author Topic: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes  (Read 154165 times)

May 15, 2010, 03:51:32 PM
Reply #120

Offline Geonightman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2010, 10:52:34 PM

• View Profile
Re: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »
Well it seems people are behind my Magician Ideas, but I'd Like to clear a few things.
    I Know the numbers are a bit OP. They can be changed if Cutty wants to put him in the roster.
    The Stunning for 5 seconds seems excessive I know. Maybe 3 seconds but the point was he CANNOT attack during this time himself. but CAN move. This is so he can run away. But who he freezes CANNOT move but CAN attack. This makes this move virtually useless in an enclosed area and if they have a ranged attack like Frosty or Choke, they can still attack him
    As for the Jitter "twice as long thing" you may be right. Maybe it could just do high damage to Jitter like the Stun Ball does to the cyborg. I mean, if you are stunned as a cyborg, just fly up and boom safe. That's why it does more damage when it hits him, so you could do the same thing to Jitter with the magicians spell.
    @pucy: I like how creative you are, but please, think more about execution before creativeness.
    O_O WOW! The book is like a perfect sprite. If we kept it that way and changed the book to show fire/ice, a rock, and a '?' that would be the perfect sprite. And the equipping animation could be him turning the page.
If you see any problems with the characters 'Hot Head' or 'The Magician'. Ask me. I really think they have potential to be in the game.

On a final note: What does everyone thing of the Magician's background story? It took me about 10 minutes to make it seem good.

May 15, 2010, 04:24:41 PM
Reply #121

Anonymous

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2010, 04:24:41 PM »

May 15, 2010, 04:28:50 PM
Reply #122

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2010, 04:28:50 PM »
Quote from: "pucy100"
Quote from: "Geonightman"
but please, think more about execution before creativeness.
Thanks, Im glad you like my ideas! :D
Umm... what?

May 15, 2010, 06:44:29 PM
Reply #123

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2010, 06:44:29 PM »
And your ideas are great but I see other people doesnt like my ideeas example Ivory :?

I guess I should explain exactly why the chicken idea is horrible.

Well, I have a new ideea weapon from that Corvus magician:
He should have a magic spell that turns ghouls into chickens! :lol:
And make them easier to be killed but works as well for humans in case they have low HP, example:
Lets say you have 25 health and you need health, tell a corvus to morph you, then you are a chicken with 30 health, run and after 40 seconds you are back with 100 health! very easy!
But also Players that are Corvus (Can even morph themselves if needs full health :lol: ), need to F12 them to watch their health!

First off. Imagine this.
A Jitterskull is chasing down this magician. He's making the lunge, all of the sudden the magician turns around and turns the Jitterskull into a chicken. All of the sudden, the Jitterskull is slow and defenseless. The magician or any other class can just just shoot the chicken to bits, and then your dead. Considering that every single ghoul's primary mode of attack involves getting up to the magicians faces, they all make for easy targets. Only Frost Bite has the long range capabilities to avoid becoming a chicken.

Secondly.
You can turn your allies into chickens. You have any idea how easy it is for people to be idiots? The magician would turn his/her allies into chickens, then the ghouls have easy preying.

Thirdly.
40 seconds is a long time. The Ghoul / Human will be forced as a weak, defenseless bird for a long time. Even if they manage to live that long, what says the magician won't morph them back into a chicken. Soon that 40 seconds turns into a long game of stalling.

Fourthly.
F12 in the middle of a game? You F12, you are vulnerable. On top of that, most of the population won't even care what their allies health is.

To sum it all up.
1) 40 seconds is a long time.
2) 30 HP doesn't last too long in this mod
3) This idea will piss off Ghoul players and even Human players will get pissed off when some idiot decides to turn them into a chicken.

Here you go Pucy, I broke up this chicken weapon for you. If you really want to make this idea good, I suggest you look at what I said, and revise it.

May 15, 2010, 07:02:12 PM
Reply #124

Anonymous

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »

May 20, 2010, 09:35:33 AM
Reply #125

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2010, 09:35:33 AM »
Ok I've split the crap off and unlocked this topic. Warns will be given out if anyone says anything that has a hint of flaming in it.

May 20, 2010, 11:35:51 PM
Reply #126

Offline Geonightman

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2010, 11:35:51 PM »
So what do you think of the magician Cutty?

May 21, 2010, 08:24:35 AM
Reply #127

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2010, 08:24:35 AM »
Sounds okay but I would use a completely different sprite if I was going to put him in.

May 21, 2010, 03:23:41 PM
Reply #128

Anonymous

« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
But the morph ideea is cool? OK, time just for 10 seconds

May 21, 2010, 06:49:24 PM
Reply #129

Offline Geonightman

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2010, 06:49:24 PM »
Ok. Someone other than Courvous. Any bright Ideas gentlemen?

May 21, 2010, 08:28:13 PM
Reply #130

Anonymous

« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2010, 08:28:13 PM »

May 21, 2010, 10:16:17 PM
Reply #131

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »
Duke Nukem wouldn't be out of place would he? Duke Nukem is just... so cool. Marine and Duke, fighting ghouls... ???

His blood could be recoloured from orange to red. The doom palette messes it up and it was kinda orange tinted to start with.

I really want to taunt spam "BALLBALLSBALLSBALBALLS OF STEEEEL"
Then again I would rather have a random taunt with a lot of his quotes. Weapons:

altfire for all, Mighty boot! Kinda useless... but you get an achievement for killing 2 ghouls with your boot. 30 damage? So that's 30 -  90 damage... Pretty good.

use inv: Steroids! That would be so awesome.

That pistol. I'm sure you can use the code similar to the ST railgun for the reloading. The pistol should be really weak, same speed as in D3d and have quite a bit of spread.

RPG. perhaps 3 shots. Small splash radius (for balence). Can kill a choke in one shot. Same speed as the Doom rocket.

The smexy shotgun would be too much like a clone of the Marine... Pipebombs are too like the ghostbuster... Devastators would be a cheap ass RPG spammer.
Uhh... Freezer would be spam spam spam.

Meh, Shotgun is fine. Just slightly longer to reload than the nerfed Marines shotgun, and same spread as the current one.

May 23, 2010, 12:57:01 AM
Reply #132

Anonymous

« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2010, 12:57:01 AM »
Well I have had these ideas for a new human and ghoul classes for a while but haven’t really intended of making it because I don’t have good graphics programs.
Infomation:
But anyway for my human class would be called big boss inspiration of metal gear solid    8D. The first weapon would be a sort of plasma grenade launcher as a hand with the sprites from a certain awesome game called Disruptor for the ps1. I know cutmanmike knows this game :D the weapon was called the Am cyclone. Now the second weapon I haven’t fully decided but it will be on the shoulder and it would be either a rail gun which the sprites where from Disruptor and called the Lockon cannon. Or either a triple cannon that I found a good sprite on action doom1.wad.
Plus the sprites for the big boss will be the nailborg commando from realms 667 site http://www.realm667.com/index.php?optio ... tstart=100 but it should be edited to be like in my description.
Now for my ghoul class is called Charger inspiration from left 4 dead 2
It would be like a bold head half android and half muscular sort of like a terminator on steroids XD. The first attack would be a charge that would push anything in its way basically the closer the victim the greater the damage. The second attack would be a lazor from the androids eye. I know my ghoul is not very descriptive but who gives a SMEG :D.
Details:
Big boss
.....................................Damage................splash damage
Plasma grenade launcher auto 5 grenade burst
Damage per grenade..........15 hp...................5hp

100% charged rail gun
25% charge.....................50 hp...................none
Rapid fire 2% charge.........1 hp.....................none
Or
Triple cannon 12 bouncy plasma balls
Semi cannon fire..............15 hp....................none
Triple spread cannon fire...15 hp....................none
Charger
Charge...........................25 hp...................5-10hp

100% charged Lazor
Rapid fire 5% charge.........1 hp.....................none

Anything that you didn’t understand or would like to know more of would be replied in my next message.

May 23, 2010, 02:28:53 AM
Reply #133

Offline Geonightman

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2010, 02:28:53 AM »
Idea for the Magician's Sprites:
How about some of these Cutmanmike. Tell me what you think

(click to show/hide)
Why am I putting so much effort to get him in? Two reasons.
    I have always wanted to immortalize myself someway. Getting my name in Ghouls Vs. Humans would be an honor and I would be popularized in the doom community.
    Cutty said he liked it so I believe he has potential to be in it.

May 23, 2010, 04:16:27 AM
Reply #134

Offline Geonightman

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2010, 04:16:27 AM »
Quote from: "THE DaRkNeSs 444"
It would be like a bold head half android and half muscular sort of like a terminator on steroids XD. The first attack would be a charge that would push anything in its way basically the closer the victim the greater the damage. The second attack would be a lazor from the androids eye.
Look earlier on this forum to see my Idea for C-eye-Borg. They are basically the same.