Advanced Search

Author Topic: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes  (Read 152463 times)

August 12, 2010, 08:21:25 AM
Reply #150

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Re: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2010, 08:21:25 AM »
Most of these ideas are fantastic *thumbs up*

August 12, 2010, 09:35:32 AM
Reply #151

Offline brotoad

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: February 25, 2010, 01:33:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://brotoad.tumblr.com/
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »

August 13, 2010, 10:19:06 PM
Reply #152

Offline DogOLife

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2010, 12:30:57 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2010, 10:19:06 PM »
His name is Duke Nukem.
In the middle of his alien hunting career, the ghoul war went across him and pissed him off. So he decided to join the war and help lead the human team to victory!

Duke Nukem can fly with his jetpack.
and kick w/ secondary attack

He has a shotgun, pistol and boots

He belongs in GVH Cause he's awesome and cool.

August 14, 2010, 02:37:59 AM
Reply #153

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2010, 02:37:59 AM »
Quote from: "DogOLife"
He belongs in GVH Cause he's awesome and cool.
My cat is awesome and cool so she belongs in GVH.

If you want Duke in GVH. Then I recommend making a patch wad.
Take these:

GIMP
Duke Nukem 3D sprites
ZDoom Decorate
Slumped

Now you have no excuse.

August 14, 2010, 02:45:46 AM
Reply #154

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2010, 02:45:46 AM »
My ideas for some classes

Humans:
The Doctor
Basically a Medic that can heal people,he holds a HealGun,Grenades,& a Bonesaw

Ghouls:
Cerebrum
basically a ghoul in the shape of a Brain that can use ectoplasmic shots

They Belong in GVH because there is no Medic Class in the game ,and i would think that it wold greatly icrease gameplay...& the cerebrum belongs in because he is basically a ragequitter's only hope

August 14, 2010, 02:48:36 AM
Reply #155

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2010, 02:48:36 AM »
Quote from: "Blaze"

Humans:
The Doctor
Basically a Medic that can heal people,he holds a HealGun,Grenades,& a bladed dildo
Great. Now we have Nade spammers healing Nade spammers.

August 14, 2010, 02:50:04 AM
Reply #156

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2010, 02:50:04 AM »
Quote from: "DoomThroughDoom"
Quote from: "Blaze"

Humans:
The Doctor
Basically a Medic that can heal people,he holds a HealGun,Grenades,& a bladed dildo
Great. Now we have Nade spammers healing Nade spammers.

no the doctor is a weak class but he can heal players and could be essential to the team

A Bladed Dildo!? LOL

August 14, 2010, 02:51:11 AM
Reply #157

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2010, 02:51:11 AM »
*Stops reading at the mentioning of a shotgun.*
(click to show/hide)
Ugh. Yes, he's awesome, the game is great, but he just wouldnt fit in, somehow... Meh, someone made a custom class out of him but obviously it turned out to be overpowered. All hitscan wielders are, if they come with explosives, even more!

Meh, interesting support ghoul ideas though, too bad GVH doesnt have any actual support ghouls that might help out.

Edit: Why should the humans of all get a medic!? They either die instantly or are near death and easily picked off. The ghouls make for relentless and non stopping attackers as well. Hell, if any team the ghouls need a medic, killing marines-- err, humans tends to cost hp.

August 14, 2010, 03:05:36 AM
Reply #158

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2010, 03:05:36 AM »
For Creeper if there is no CREEPERBALL JUMPINGZ!!!

Creeper has the ability to heal ghouls to their full health but the Creepers needs to get 1 frag to unlock this ability. It also costs the poor thing 40hp.

It works like this:

Code: [Select]
Random Ghoul 1: Oit Creeper, I got 1hp lolz
Creeper: lolz k. I got 70hp and I got a frag somehow.
Random Ghoul 1: Can I suck on ur balls plz?
Creeper: K
Creeper uses Inventory.
Inventory takes away 40hp.
Creeper uses altfire to fire a Creeper ball that glows green sparks and heals.
Code: [Select]
Creeper: OMFG!!! I missed
Random Ghoul 1: OMFG ur a noob!
Random Ghoul 1 was fragged by Random Human
Random Ghoul 1: OMFG I WAS TALKING!

August 14, 2010, 05:54:38 AM
Reply #159

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2010, 05:54:38 AM »
Maybe this idea would have been better suited in the other topic.

I do like the idea of Creepers being ACTUALLY USEFULL! I mean, all they do is kamikaze into marines and hunters specifically, get shot, die, and wait to respawn or simply feed the human team frags.
If they could provide exellent LMS healing support, by all means, that would be great considering the ghouls rarely do their job without recieving damage or dieing to cheap weapons.

Now if this was implemented, i wonder if people actually would bother using it instead of doing the abovementioned suicide tactics.
And it would be better if it was done like the average stun ball, except useinventory fired the healing one.

September 01, 2010, 07:58:22 AM
Reply #160

Offline ChokeFan1992

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 28, 2010, 05:13:01 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/SandersonCallum
« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2010, 07:58:22 AM »
Didn't wanna make a thread about this.
But didn't know where else to stick this suggestion.

I think there should be a patch or a special edition which skins the Engineer to Santa, his sprites, sounds, achievements and weapons. of course it's only a skin so in some cases it will be read as engineer

(unless you can change words like this, not sure how far you can go with a skin until it's classed as a wrong version thats not compatible with the other ones people use)

And as it's merely a skin, things like the holly (saws) being reflected by sjas will not work.

Why you ask?

Well because alot of people miss having him in GvH and the exciting CD days :). I was discussing this in GvH 2 days ago, and everybody agreed they missed Santa but could understand why he had to go, and think there should be a fun class skin people can choose to get.

Why not make it my self?

I'd rather it be an official one (not to mention I can nolonger get my hands on a copy of GVHCD). I don't think it should be left in hands of fans to create since it could lead to all sorts of problems (Encouraging some players to edit cuttys work and worse.. the Creepers being replaced with more visible sprites :/).

Anyways, it's proberly a dumb idea... meh santa! but.. I miss him alot <3.

September 01, 2010, 08:11:30 AM
Reply #161

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #161 on: September 01, 2010, 08:11:30 AM »
Make it and I'll make it official

September 01, 2010, 07:02:12 PM
Reply #162

Offline ChokeFan1992

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 28, 2010, 05:13:01 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/SandersonCallum
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
Make it and I'll make it official
Alright when R.E is out i'll give it a shot :).

September 03, 2010, 07:19:30 PM
Reply #163

Anonymous

« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
What is it's name?
What is it's story?
What does it look like? (feel free to post sprites/images)
How does it play? (physics, abilities)
What are it's weapons?
Why does it belong on GVH?

His name is The Chemist

His Story: He lived in a village, not too far away from the Forbidden Forest. The village was run by steam powered machines...so technology was a little..outdated.. The Chemist was one of the smartest scientists in the entire village, having put most of his study into biological and chemical research. He was a strong believer in Science and believed it was the most powerful force in the world. Though "magic" did exist in the world, he never believed in it as he thought it was foolish and all make-belief. He had heard rumors about a disturbing and unsettling force residing in the Forbidden Forest..about a small girl who murdered innocents and feasted upon their souls...At first he dismissed it as nothing but lies until later that night the town guard found a man outside of the village...soaked in blood and his eyes gone blank. The Chemist took him into his lab, he layed the man out on an autopsy table. Wondering where his wounds could be he ripped off the mans shirt to notice that chunk of his mid-section was gone..as if..devoured by something...he saw a variety of lacerations on the mans body..but...it was all one big bite mark..no animal had such a huge jaw..as if something giant had tried to eat the man. The next day the Chemist began working on a new type of gun-powder, not quite an incendiary as it didn't burn the target..but...it disintegrated it as well...he then constructed an experimental Flare gun..from parts from a hunting rifle, a shotgun and an old six-shooter. With it he created a sort of "Flare Rifle", he was about to finish loading the rifle up with his new ammo when he heard a loud screeching sound...He opened his door to find the mutilated remains of most of the villagers...Not thinking right..he grabbed his Arc-Spanner instead of his Flaregun...Something was fast approaching..it got quicker and quicker and quicker..and he saw it...it was a giant white skull..it saw him..it was about to charge at him, thinking quickly he grabbed a flask from his belt and threw it at the skull...damned creature swallowed the flask whole and within a second it burst into flames and it screeched loudly...The Chemist had a good idea where it may have come from..He quickly went back into his house and grabbed some supplies, he put on his belt, his black apron and strapped on his Charge pack and then hooked it up to his Arc Spanner....He almost forgot one thing..he grabbed his Flare Rifle and went straight off into the Forbidden Forest.

Once there he looked around...he saw a campfire in the distance...he slowly approached it..and then it went out...He was ready for anything at this point..he heard a quiet gibbering noise...then he heard whispering....he saw something small starting to approach him..it was getting closer...he didnt know what it was but he wasnt gonna take any chances..he fired his Flare Rifle at it and the thing screeched and backed away..."It'll be back" he said.."And it'll bring friends...."

What does it Look like?

(Btw I drew that myself, his sprites I'm still working on)

How does it play:

Well I basically wanted to make a class that could support his team while still able to dish out some pain, Through the use of the Chemists flasks his role may vary, whether he wants to use them offensively, defensively or for support. Hes a good all around class though not suggested for the trigger happy player.  having said that...He has a limit on how many flasks he can have, dont want ppl spamming them unwisely like they do with grenades, they need to know when and where to use em and to not waste them. Since he is a little lighter than the other human classes, he can jump a bit higher and run fast (Though not as fast as Choke!). Now when he uses his flasks there is a brief moment where he is left defenseless (Id say for like 1 sec). Now this leads into the next part

What are it's weapons?

Well his primary weapon is his Flare Rifle (No its not hitscan, its a projectile) He has a max of 20 shots on him (Again..not for your trigger happy player)
Its primary fire shoots a flare at the target and secondary fire shoots a small spread of flares (Which takes up 2 shots instead of 1). The flares are as fast as the nailgun though they are more noticeable (Duh).
His secondary weapon is his Arc Welder (Arc Spanner..whatever) Its been turbo charged and it can shoot a steady stream of weak bolts at the target, the welder has a charge and when it reaches zero The Chemist can charge it as long as hes not attacking..its range is limited to med-range though so dont go trying to snipe with it. Its primary fire shoots a steady stream of bolts and secondary fire can recharge it faster but the Chemist walks slower.
His last weapon being his Flasks, he carries a max of 6 flasks, primary fire uses them and secondary fire changes the type of flask, they range from:

Proximity Flask: Is laid onto the ground and when any ghoul approaches it the flask burst into a cloud of The Chemists own home-made "Ghoul-Be-Gone", it acts like the Cleric's Flechette from Hexen. (It does damage over time so dont expect it to to do a lot of damage up front)

Incendiary flask: Bounces on the ground first and then explodes into a ring of flame (Doenst burst on impact so dont go expecting to spam it like a grenade)

Haste flask: When used, the chemist gains a slight burst of speed for 15 seconds, allowing him to get out of a jam or to distract the enemy.

Boosting flask: Can be given to team-mates, only gets consumes when thrown at a player..if you miss then your flask does not activate and you do not consume one from your total amount. What it does is it provides your team-mates with some regen powers, allowing them to fight longer (I was gonna suggest healing but that seems very unfair)

or if the regen effect doesnt work out then it would just provide a boost to attack..similar to a strength rune.

Why Does it belong in GvH?:

Well GvH seems to have enough Offensive classes..not enough Supportive classes, very few can be considered for such a role. I wanted to make a class who could support his team-mates and still be able to kick some @$$(As cool as it would to have a healer sort of class I'd rather a class who can act as a booster/harasser), and I like some things Steam-Punk and the Chemist kinda fits that style what with his background and all.

September 08, 2010, 10:18:20 AM
Reply #164

Anonymous

« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2010, 10:18:20 AM »
Idea 1: Assault Cyborg (not very original, yes, but it works)

Story: None yet (Much appreciated if one is made for him)

Appearance: A rather bulkier version of the Cyborg is all I've got. Perhaps a smaller version of the Inquisitor?

Gameplay: It's rather tricky to play as, given the Assault Cyborg's super-slow overall speed, but makes up for that with his near-ridiculous attack powers (See weapons) and Mega Leap (see inventory). The trick to beating him would be timing it right, due to the cooldown of the Plasma Cannon. He has high enough HP to take a point-blanc scream, however.

Weapons:
-Plasma Cannon
Ammo: Plasma: 150
Fires a HUGE blast of plasma at alarming speeds, but the Assault Cyborg will need to cancel all body movement including jumping, as he needs to temporarily divert all energy to the buster cannon for a couple of seconds (he can skid to a stop, but that's it). The weapon must cool down after the shot to avoid a meltdown. The weapon has a rather alarming blast radius and humongous direct hit damage (can take down a Sjas in one direct hit, if you add the radius damage), but uses 30 plasma ammo.
Note:
*The plasma will reload over time, even in movement, but is a little slow, regenerating one a second. This makes up for the sheer power of the shot in itself.

-Glue gun
Ammo: Glue: 125
Fires a long-range stream of glue which slows down any ghoul for 10 seconds.  If it lands on the floor, it'll glue it up, having the same effect on any ghoul that passes over it, but only so long as it's on top of it. Creepers get stopped completely if they land in glue or get hit with it. Altfire will fire a SuperGlue shot, a shorter-range, more concentrated (and large) ball of glue. The mix is so concentrated and heavy that it completely stops any ghoul for 15 seconds, including Sjas on a direct hit. However, this takes a second to fire, and uses 25 Glue ammo.
Notes:
-It doesn't reload. Don't get too trigger happy with it, guys!
-The SuperGlue shot is the perfect trap for a Plasma Cannon blast in the face.
-The SuperGlue shot has a bigger area of effect
-Both glue shots dissolve after 40 seconds, to avoid excessive camping.

Inventory:
Mega Leap
Makes the Assault Cyborg jump REALLY high, sending it forth at high speeds. Great for getaways in open places. That, or plataforming (lulz).

I think GVH needed a 100% power unit for the humans. I mean, Jitterskull can take most humans on a direct hit. Why not have the same raw attack power for the Humans?