Advanced Search

Author Topic: Updating GVH soon - Gimmie yo requests  (Read 59332 times)

September 19, 2010, 10:58:35 AM
Reply #195

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
Re: Updating GVH soon - Gimmie yo requests
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2010, 10:58:35 AM »
Well maybe i'd try though i'm not that fond of fighting a certain specific ghoul... :P
I still fight them though, and i basically consider that delay to be a weak point to strike back at them, i mean, damn, in the early times no-one could even scratch them because he was too fast. Then again, in those times we probaly didnt have Creeper balls either, so that made things only worse.

I'd still say he's not the weakest though. If you want weak classes, try the ghostbuster, traps are easily avoided, main weapon is garbage compared to some of the other human's weapons, though once he upgrades he may become an serious threat, oh well, thats something he gotta earn, thus i dont really complain about his bone cannon. Wrong usage gets him killed anyway.
Well... Thats from my observation on the ghoul team's side, fighting the humans at various skill levels, or just spectating them if i'm not in the mood to play or died due some stupid lightning arrow or bullet in LMS. I rarely get killed by anything else. :P

September 19, 2010, 04:51:18 PM
Reply #196

Offline Blox

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 05:25:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2010, 04:51:18 PM »
I'm still standing by the idea of severely reducing Sjas' damage, but speeding him up by quite a bit.
Since then, he would be some kind of 'support' class, instead of some insta-killing shitthatcanbeapaintohit.

And making ghost-traps and proton rays do extra damage on him would be a nice thing too..

BECAUSE HE'S A GHOST!
..Who ya gonna' call again?

September 19, 2010, 05:42:26 PM
Reply #197

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• A3's magnus faber - Fait Accompli
  • Date Registered: October 12, 2009, 12:08:01 AM

• View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/TheZones/index.php?act=site
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
He is already getting a range reduction. Sjas can pretty much be a deciding factor of a team though.

But so can marines and cyborgs. :x

September 19, 2010, 06:35:34 PM
Reply #198

Offline Crystal King

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 18, 2010, 01:41:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
Honestly, hunter isn't even close to weak. If you can hit a Sjas head on with all your ice arrows, you can usually kill it instantly that way. If only most hit, you can just switch to normal arrows while backing away, and hit 'em a couple times to finish him off. The only thing I ever have trouble with hitting is Creepers, but doesn't every class (except Ghostbuster) have that kind of trouble?
I'd still say he's not the weakest though. If you want weak classes, try the ghostbuster
Are you kidding? Ghostbuster is the anti-Creeper. One or two traps spells death for any creeper that decides to come close. Also, the upgrade you get from Choke is an incredibly awesome close-ranged weapon, making it almost perfect for fending of anything that likes to come close... which is just about anything on the ghoul team...

September 19, 2010, 06:57:58 PM
Reply #199

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2010, 06:57:58 PM »
Ultimately, Classes revolve around ones personal skill with them. One person could find the class unsuitable for them, while others can be death gods with them. The Hunter being one of those cases. A truly unbalanced class would be one that is universally cheap. Anyone could pick it up and dominate with the class or anyone can learn how to use exploits,etc.

Though when it comes down to it, personal skill vs personal skill.

September 19, 2010, 07:21:56 PM
Reply #200

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2010, 07:21:56 PM »
Quote from: "Ivory"
Apart from marine. Marine's shotgun's reload time should be the same as the SSG in Doom 2.

Also, the explode radius for the grenades need to be reduced.

If this happened, true good Marine players will barely suffer but the noobs will suffer  :mrgreen: .

September 19, 2010, 07:34:19 PM
Reply #201

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2010, 07:34:19 PM »
Indeed the Marine is an exceptional case. Thus i urge Cutman all the time to update it as it simply RUINS the game to even play against one. Especially as Jitterskull.

I'm all up for other Marine nerfs though aside the riotgun i personally dont have trouble with anything else and dont need a nerf on say, grenades. Though that bouncing from the roof to floor and instant explode trick is notable and possibily needs some work, as its VERY powerfull, i know as i saw it happen. Prepare grenade, make it go faster, Sjas approaches, release, BOOM, dead sjas.

September 20, 2010, 11:19:14 AM
Reply #202

Offline Frits

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 01, 2009, 02:21:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2010, 11:19:14 AM »
Quote from: "Ivory"
Ultimately, Classes revolve around ones personal skill with them. One person could find the class unsuitable for them, while others can be death gods with them. The Hunter being one of those cases. A truly unbalanced class would be one that is universally cheap. Anyone could pick it up and dominate with the class or anyone can learn how to use exploits,etc.

Not anymore though, hunter doesn't pay off as well compared to the other classes (not even including marine.)

September 20, 2010, 11:57:35 AM
Reply #203

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2010, 11:57:35 AM »
I have to admit, my Hunter hit and run tactics don't quite work too well as they used to!

September 20, 2010, 01:57:26 PM
Reply #204

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2010, 01:57:26 PM »
How often do you play, Cut? ;x

Quote from: "Carthief"
hough that bouncing from the roof to floor and instant explode trick is notable and possibily needs some work, as its VERY powerfull, i know as i saw it happen. Prepare grenade, make it go faster, Sjas approaches, release, BOOM, dead sjas.

No. That is actually a skill shot.

Quote from: "Crystal King"
Something about Ghostbuster being ultimate anti-Creeper

Only in certain maps.

September 20, 2010, 02:04:34 PM
Reply #205

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »
Almost every day if there's a server up. More often recently because I've been trying to pimp a GVH:CTF server up

September 20, 2010, 05:00:03 PM
Reply #206

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
I daresay, its more cheapness, less skill, when it comes to that specific trick, considering its an extremely powerfull explosion and all you need is a low roof for it, normally grenades can be avoided once noticed, well, if you're fast anyway. This trick comes with the complete disability to avoid it, making, if it hits, a VERY painfull if not instakilling attack.

I'm all fine with grenades as long as you can dodge them, but... Hitscan was bad enough, now we have to deal with undodgeable grenades too!?
By all means reconsider your opinion, one simple approach, one bit of bad luck, and you're dead without ever being shot by their riotguns. Not a single class has an area of effect that just triggers instantly with such extreme damage.

Damn... The marine has everything.

Edit: I'm sure you wouldnt like it if a marine dropped a grenade on your head if you're a Sjas and it instantly exploded, thus killing you instantly. I fail to see any fairness about this extreme and instant damage trick. Aside the fact humans in general already have a hard time fending off ghouls coming for them in the fastest way possible. Though that shouldnt be a one man's work. But teamwork...

September 20, 2010, 06:05:07 PM
Reply #207

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2010, 06:05:07 PM »
A bunch of stuff about marines

I didn't read the entirety of your post because I know what it consist of. I am just not going to buy that the cooked grenade wall/ceiling/floor tricks is cheap. It isn't. When a marine player has to wait x amount of time to even execute that against the assortment of fast ghouls (Chokes, Jitters, Sjas) or stealth creepers then the payoff is worth it. The cooked grenade doesn't work on all players or at every situation (you're not factoring in personal skill, random damage, lag shield) so it's just mainly your own folly to fall for it.

The marine isn't the cure all of humans considering that ghouls still beat humans a lot of the time. It's just the riotgun, relax.

I'm sure you wouldnt like it if a marine dropped a grenade on your head if you're a Sjas and it instantly exploded, thus killing you instantly. I fail to see any fairness about this extreme and instant damage trick.

OH HEY! JUST LIKE HOW GHOULS CAN INSTANTLY KILL HUMANS IN ONE SHOT ALL THE TIME!

September 20, 2010, 07:06:36 PM
Reply #208

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2010, 07:06:36 PM »
You dont have to degrade yourself by stating that. Of course they one-hit things, they're melee classes against viciously powerfull ranged classes. If the majority didn't, well... That would make things difficult.
Edit: Ghouls put themselves at risk too when melee attacking. Compared to using the grenades on distance somehow.

Also, the waiting is rarely an issue for one with good ears, most ghouls tend to make some noise, especially Sjas.

If they all started using this grenade tactic i'm sure that would turn the tables around, well, with proper use atleast, it never ceases to amuse me when Ammar suicides with his explosives. :P
In short, its possibily a little too powerfull for its own good; I dont care about the grenade in its normal use one single bit. Maybe if it can be altered somehow...

September 20, 2010, 11:36:24 PM
Reply #209

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2010, 11:36:24 PM »
You don't have to degrade yourself by stating that?

How am I degrading myself?

Of course they one-hit things, they're melee classes against viciously powerfull ranged classes.

Jitter and Frostbite make unconventional use of their melee abilities, especially Jitter.

I think it is fair that humans have some form of fighting back against the speed and instant kill of MOST ghoul classes.

If they all started using this grenade tactic i'm sure that would turn the tables around, well, with proper use atleast, it never ceases to amuse me when Ammar suicides with his explosives. :P

That logic alone debunks your entire post then if Ammar kills himself attempting that trick (and many others do from time to time).

I dont care about the grenade in its normal use one single bit. Maybe if it can be altered somehow...

It won't. Deal with it.