Advanced Search

Author Topic: Spike in MM8BDM players!  (Read 63092 times)

August 18, 2012, 06:27:39 AM
Reply #135

Knux

Re: Spike in MM8BDM players!
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2012, 06:27:39 AM »
I didn't think Vanilla TDM would be so much fun, even if I was lagging. It was great.  :D

August 18, 2012, 06:29:03 AM
Reply #136

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2012, 06:29:03 AM »
Quote from: "Dusty"
Quote from: "Rozark"
Somehow I don't mind Bronies, but these homies remind me of COD for some reason. I have no idea why though.

Thats a good thing Mr. Rozark....

That's just uh.. weird yet awesome. O.o I'm probably fine with it because I've got a few friends who are bronies.

But in all seriousness, PLEASE educate the homies.

August 18, 2012, 06:33:01 AM
Reply #137

Offline Smunch

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 28, 2010, 04:11:16 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2012, 06:33:01 AM »
I actually taught a guy to add color in to his name during DM.  It was difficult with the constant frag messages scrolling my help away, but since this guy (Spud spudoni) actually talked, the matter was eventually sorted out.  Civilized people may stay!  There are beacons of hope among the influx of users; fret not, as some of them are tolerable people!

I think

August 18, 2012, 06:35:50 AM
Reply #138

Offline Tesseractal

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 26, 2011, 01:36:07 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.formspring.me/IceNinth
CutStuff is a bunch of introverted abnormal autistic nerds.
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2012, 06:35:50 AM »
Quote from: "Rozark"
Imma pull a Bik for a sec.
>normal people
Since when are cultists normal?
Oh.. right.. since Society became corrupted eons ago >.>
Why do you keep referring them as a "cult"? What are they trying to force on you? Bikdark also liked to hold to blatantly wrong ideas as if they were forced down his throat, I'm glad to see you sticking to form. Stop considering CutStuff behavior as "normal" so you can insult the homies.
Quote from: "Donutyoshi"
These homies need to play on CSCM though. How many can imagine that?
You see this, Rozark? THIS is "scary". Why would you encourage a stranger to engage in an activity that makes no sense whatsoever (playing on a map pack composed primarily on heaps of garbage) unless you were in a cult?

This is why the majority of insults CutStuff would like apply to homies are far more suited for themselves.

August 18, 2012, 06:50:52 AM
Reply #139

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2012, 06:50:52 AM »
Your picture startles me everytime you write, almost as if the points you make well, are merely just insulting to EVERYONE and have no valid..

Anywho, as to the cult part: They have a leader, and if you say anything bad about him/her people will jump down your throat in a defensive rage -coughmirrorcough-
That, although only a single trait of a cult, is still a trait. Of course people can be cured, as I've seen tolerable people from this bunch and I've welcomed them. I'd also refer to hardcore, obsessive COD fans as cultists too.

Oh, where did I say Cutstuff behavior is normal? If anything YOU yourself said something similiar to things being normal..

Lastly, sorry to bid you adieu early, but I'm cutting this mini war short. I don't want this Wildfire to spread too far. I bid you, adieu!

August 18, 2012, 06:55:47 AM
Reply #140

Offline Donutyoshi

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 19, 2010, 07:36:36 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.donutyoshi.deviantart.com
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2012, 06:55:47 AM »
Ahahaha thinking about what you guys talking about normal, why do I feel like I'm the most abnormal guy here.

Do I smell a bit of hate here?

August 18, 2012, 07:01:14 AM
Reply #141

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2012, 07:01:14 AM »
Everyone is normal AND special in their own way :D

August 18, 2012, 07:03:46 AM
Reply #142

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2012, 07:03:46 AM »
I personally don't see this whole thing as such a big deal. I'm glad we're getting new players, but I think this whole "homie" thing is just a phase, and will eventually die down. Eventually, all these new players are going to see there's a bit more to the game than "OMFG SLYFOX PLAYS IMMA HOMIE." They'll look into Cutstuff, try new wads like Roboenza, Classes, extra map packs, ect., and decide for themselves whether or not they want to stay. If they do, that's great! They have a right to. We'll welcome them with open arms and help them learn the ropes and such, and maybe make some new friends. If they'd rather not, it's a damn shame, but nobody's forcing them to stay, even though some of them may have just played to meet Slyfox and such.

August 18, 2012, 07:04:50 AM
Reply #143

Offline Frits

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 01, 2009, 02:21:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2012, 07:04:50 AM »
So they're fanboys? Big deal, they have as much right to play this as you.
It feels like i'm reading a thread in the skulltag forums.
Elitism, elitism everywhere.

August 18, 2012, 07:08:32 AM
Reply #144

Offline Donutyoshi

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 19, 2010, 07:36:36 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.donutyoshi.deviantart.com
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2012, 07:08:32 AM »
I learnt easily they all are easily driven by Slyfox. Even for that one person who joined the forums. It's nothing we actually HAVE control of actually.

So technically, guys please don't get disappointed for those who joined the forums don't stay for long.

August 18, 2012, 07:15:30 AM
Reply #145

Offline Awbawlisk

• Warrior

• I can now see the rest of my medals again.
  • Date Registered: January 04, 2011, 02:18:59 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2012, 07:15:30 AM »
It's still sad that some people still want to get rid of them. Sure I was guilty of having my fun, and being a little of the overwhelming "hommie" fanbase, but yeah like everyone said. They're players too, get over it. There's nothing wrong with them really. It was just one guy getting mad <.< so why are some of us starting to think this is a huge threat? If they want to play they can play, if they want to yell out "HOMMIES UNITE" or "SLYFOX IS BESS (ok not bess)" then let them (Gets waaay to annoying for you? F8 plx), If they want to leave when Sly leaves then whatever, if they want to stay then that's them. Just let it fly D: Let the Fan boys or whatever do their thing. Don't worry, there just standard players just like us. I'm sure there are some of us that were like them at one point.

August 18, 2012, 07:19:17 AM
Reply #146

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2012, 07:19:17 AM »
To add on, I also would rather see our community as not a bunch of xenophobic pseudo-skulltagers.

August 18, 2012, 07:23:34 AM
Reply #147

Offline Accel

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 23, 2010, 02:13:20 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2012, 07:23:34 AM »
Honestly, I'm all for this influx of newbies. It kind of reminds me of when the game was first released. I mean, sure... I played the demo over hamachi with friends, but when the full game came out? I joined servers for the first time, and met people who were really experienced! Some even told me about skins, and mods. That's how I became a member of this forum.

I realize I'm not the most active, nor useful member of the community. I really doubt most of you really know anything about me.

That doesn't matter. I love playing this game. It's one of the few things around these days that captures the essence of Megaman. It's also one of the funnest FPS games I've played in quite some time.

Some of these newbies are just like us. They found out about the game someway, and somehow. Be it through this Slyfox guy, or through a friend telling them about it. It's our job to help them out, and teach them. We can't just turn our backs on them because they "annoy" some of us. Maybe one day, some of those newbies will be dealing with exactly what we're dealing with. What will we want them to do? Help encourage polite, and great players? Or will they just turn them away, like some of you want to?

After all. In the end, it's all about how fun the game is, right?

August 18, 2012, 08:03:54 AM
Reply #148

Offline Muzaru

• Bugs/Suggestions Managers
  • Date Registered: November 27, 2010, 05:55:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2012, 08:03:54 AM »
Damn man, I hope all of them give me 10$.
I'd build a fuggin rocket and go to the moon.

I loves me some cheese.

Welcome to 8bdm too, oLo, if you're a gal, call me My number is 7314... uhh 2.

August 18, 2012, 08:21:11 AM
Reply #149

Offline Mr. Sean Nelson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 30, 2010, 06:37:59 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2012, 08:21:11 AM »
I finally had some time to play, and I played with these guys for three hours.
I couldn't find a single thing wrong with them.
It escapes me as to why anyone would complain.

I also resent Tessie's statement that old players are the ones who resent these people.
I've been here since V1A, and my hip is acting up, and I don't have a single problem with this.
The way that some of you have been talking is absolutely shameful.
Do we want these people to demonize us as much as you're attempting to demonize them?

I noticed that the regulars and the 'homies' were in their own servers, not venturing into others.

I was in a server for two straight hours and the only person to show up that wasn't a homie was Stroyclim, meanwhile, there was a Classes server with at least eight regulars inside, and no homies.

Although, I played a HUGE game of TDM for a while, and Prosecutor Godot was there.
Blast from the freakin' past.

In essence, when you play, be nice to these people, and they'll be nice to you.
When they ask questions, or want help, contribute.
If they stay, that's great.
If they don't, whatever.
But don't have this sky is falling mentality, and don't be a dick to them because they're new.
That's what douchebags do.