Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Tutorial Collection

[TUTORIAL] How to Make Your Own Bots

(1/26) > >>

squidgy617:
Well, several people have asked this, and after experimenting, I know how! Overall, its pretty easy, and quite entertaining. Remember to save often. Also, a skin of the bot you are making must be in your skins folder. You'll need SlumpEd. First, using SlumpEd, create a new .wad. First, add a lump called BOT"insertbotname here", for example, BOTMFAN, for my Fan skin. You do not have to put this in if your bot doesn't talk. Put this in there:

--- Code: ---[IntroStrings]
"TEXT"

[FragStrings]
"TEXT"

[KilledStrings]
"TEXT"

[RoamingStrings]
"TEXT"

[EnragedStrings]
"TEXT"

[WinStrings]
"TEXT"

[LoseStrings]
"TEXT HERE"

--- End code ---
IntroStrings are for when the game begins, FragStrings are for when they frag someone, KilledStrings are for when they are killed, RoamingStrings are for when they are just walking around, EnragedStrings are for when they become angered, WinStrings are for when they win, and LoseStrings are for when they lose, obviously.
You can take out lines and add more, as well as replace each line with what you want.
Some special lines to use:
$player_random_notself - Say the name of a random player other than itself.
$player_killed - Say the name of the player the bot killed last.
$player_killedby - Say the name of the player who killed it last.
$player_inlead - player who's winning
$player_lastplace - player who's last
Now, create a lump called BOTINFO. Paste the code below and edit it as desired.
--- Code: ---{
name = "\cnMegaman"
accuracy = 4
intellect = 3
evade = 2
anticipation = 1
reactiontime = 2
perception = 1
favoriteweapon = "MegaBusterWep"
color = "00 00 00"
gender = "male"
skin = "Base"
class = "Megaman"
revealed = true
script = "humanbot"
chatlump = BOTMEGA
chatfrequency = 50
}
--- End code ---
Here are some things to replace. First, change the skin name to whatever you called the skin in the skins folder.. Make the name whatever you want, the \c[letter] is just for color changing. Here's a guide to what each letter after the c will change the name color to. The only other thing to change is the chatfrequency, which only changes how much they talk. I would use either 50 or 0, for "talk or don't talk", basically. Also, change the BOTMEGA to the name of your bots chat lump, obviously.
To use the bot, open up the launcher and click "add file". Find the bot you want to use and voila! You're bot is in-game.
So, that's how you make a bot. Now, just open up the game, go to Offline Skirmish, and see if your bots worked. You can add as many bots as you want, so have fun!

Korby:
Cool. Battling Galaxyman to the death is pretty fun.

Anonymous:
Nice info, thanks. :)

I'm just wondering though, is there a list on what letters generate what colors in the c[letter] thing? I've been searching for it to no avail... ^^;

TERRORsphere:

--- Quote from: "2128Kite" ---Nice info, thanks. :)

I'm just wondering though, is there a list on what letters generate what colors in the c[letter] thing? I've been searching for it to no avail... ^^;
--- End quote ---
http://cutstuff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=505

CutmanMike:
Haha, cool little image that. Might put that on the ZDoom wiki, I always head there to remember the codes  :cool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version