Advanced Search

Author Topic: Comprehensive SERVER GUIDE (WIP, HELP WANTED)  (Read 3192 times)

July 26, 2010, 07:42:02 PM
Read 3192 times

Offline BEan

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 14, 2010, 07:34:03 PM

• View Profile
Comprehensive SERVER GUIDE (WIP, HELP WANTED)
« on: July 26, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »
I am currently working on a guide for running different types of servers for mm8bdm, and I have a few questions that I want to ask.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3477448/MM8BDM% ... 0GUIDE.doc

If I change the port number in the RSP file would the server still be listed in skulltag's server list or cause any problems? (This is for running multiple servers in one machine). Internal testing says yes, you can run more than one server on one machine.
Quote from: "server.rsp"
+deathmatch 1
-config ideserver.cfg
-iwad "E:MM8BDM~1megagame.wad"
-file E:MM8BDM~1mm8bdm-sgc.pk3
-port 10666
+exec idemmcnfgtest.cfg

On the configure server option box there is a option for  "PWADs Dowload url:", is this the same thing as a redirect in other games? "Don't download from the server get it from this site"?  what kind of link should I put in there?

Can I get an advance copy of the mm8bdm launcher, map list, and/or other file names so that I don't have to rewrite everything once the full version is released?

Will the basic server program change when the new version is released?

Is there any way to start/stop/restart a skulltag server remotely via telnet or webpage just like tcadmin?

Anyone here a linux expert?

---
Is there any info you guys want me to throw in?

July 30, 2010, 07:08:40 PM
Reply #1

Offline BEan

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 14, 2010, 07:34:03 PM

• View Profile
Re: Comprehensive SERVER GUIDE (WIP, HELP WANTED)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 07:08:40 PM »
I made a lot of progress on the guide and I would really like some feedback and some help with it. I have got alot in there, but there is alot it needs. I have a feeling I will be redoing a lot when the full version of mm8bdm comes out.

Also could somebody take over since the school semester starts up for me soon.