Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Mighty Number Nine: Inafune Strikes Back

<< < (3/65) > >>

Ceridran:
I hope they go with something that isn't TOO similar to roll, but still looks good.

Fyone:
I'm really looking forward to this game, though this possibly breaks the chances of Megaman 11.

(click to show/hide)https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/877/020/22630ff9e65afe4fcfe0069f5b782d7e_large.jpg?1377913384
I WANT MY FACE IN THE GAME AND I WANT TO EAT DINNER

Gumballtoid:
This looks sort of silly to me but that's probably because I don't see this as being akin to Mega Man. I won't really decide what I think of it until I see more of it.

MusashiAA:
I'm gonna say it once, and I'm gonna say it once:

This is Mega Man Universe. This is it, but without two key things: the Mega Man franchise AND the DLC rentability model (for the time being, as it's barely a comceptual project right now). The dream game Inafune talked about in the introduction video is NOT Mega Man Legends 3: it's Mega Man Universe. Ask yourself what was Mega Man Universe as gameplay and comcept you're concerned, and then compare to the key aspect of the Mighty No. 9 overarching gameplay comcept.

I certainly hope this thing is successfull. It kinda shows that game franchises are nothing by themselves, but rather it is the well-spirited fan support and the artistic aspect of development that keeps them alive. Without 'em, they're as alive as an emotion-less golem.

This is as much of a Mega Man ripoff as Jax & Daxter are a ripoff of Crash Bandicoot. BREOCK AND CRAOLL. CONETOOLS. BARIAVLE BODY SYSTEM. DOCTOR RONG. MIGHTY KID. AEROLL: those are some of the things that rushed in my mind as Mighty No. 9 was presented to me. This is a spiritual sequel to the Mega Man franchise. Not the classic Mega Man series, but the franchise overall.

This is the phrase "if it was the same game but a different robot, it would ___" turned into a real thing.

Also fucking Manami Matsumae is helping with the soundtrack. Also Inti Creates and Comcept are both working on this thing, so they're also funding it.

ZeStopper:

--- Quote from: "LlamaHombre" ---
--- Quote from: "<geminibro>" ---I find heavy irony in this Kickstarter project. Why?
--- End quote ---
Do you know what that word means?

--- Quote from: "<geminibro>" ---Honestly, i hope this bland ripoff never sees the light of day.
--- End quote ---
Excuse me?

It's the creator of the franchise taking back the glory that he earned.

It's not him creating a "rival" franchise, it's him giving back to the fans what they trusted him for. Many broken dreams were established with Legends 3's cancellation, and he's basically apologizing to everyone for Capcom's ignorance. He's doing this by giving a similar claim to fame with Legends 3 in which the fans had a lot of close ties to the establishment of the game itself. If anything this game should be treated as a new Mega Man series rather than an alien bootleg made to draw in Mega Man fans.
--- End quote ---

Capcom is waaaay toooo dumb to apologize so the creator takes it upon himself to regain forgiveness.
I feel sorry for Inafune.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version