Advanced Search

Author Topic: Confuzzled's Skin Collection  (Read 4175 times)

November 11, 2010, 10:31:23 PM
Read 4175 times

Anonymous

Confuzzled's Skin Collection
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:31:23 PM »
playing around, i've noticed that the problem with listing skins for download, is that people download which ones they want, and ignore the rest. Why it's a problem is because if you dont have the skin someone is using, all you see is the basic MegaMan skin. so i looked around the forums for interesting skins, and put them all into a .zip file. i only took the ones i previously downloaded, and those that i could easily find within a few minutes of looking, and uploaded them.
*came under fire already. apparently, with no reason, as none was given.*

("without permission" is not a valid excuse as...
Mr.X:You know, somebody wanted to do this and we all told him not to.
...implying that he DID ask permission, and was turned down anyway.)

November 11, 2010, 10:34:43 PM
Reply #1

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
Re: Confuzzled's Skin Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:34:43 PM »
You know, somebody wanted to do this and we all told him not to.  You really should have asked the creators permission to do this.  I mean, you really should have.  Really really.

Anyhoo, you're the one that made the Zero skin?  You need to fix it, having him dash everywhere looks stupid and screams laziness.

November 11, 2010, 11:04:32 PM
Reply #2

Offline lightdasher

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 05, 2010, 10:24:11 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »
A bunch of people seem to be using my skins lately....though you COULD just go to my topic and download them....

November 11, 2010, 11:26:19 PM
Reply #3

Offline brotoad

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: February 25, 2010, 01:33:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://brotoad.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:26:19 PM »
i made rotations for commandoman, press start did the animations and blaze did some stuff too.
and yeah you really should ask permission from the creators if you want to include them in a pack!

November 12, 2010, 12:49:58 AM
Reply #4

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 12:49:58 AM »
:( yes, i probably should have asked permission. i understand. "better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission." if you dont want your skin(s) in the collection, say so and i'll (sadly) take it out. however, if there are no objections i would like to leave it up. its just a little annoying to see megaman everywhere, rather than what people want to be seen as. is that not why ppl create skins? also, if a skin is missing from a players files, then he/she cannot see it if someone is using it. why make skins if ppl dont use them? with a list, people pick what they want, and ignore the rest, meaning there are still "megaman" ppl everywhere. if they all come in one download, there wont be as many of them, as they download all the skins, instead of only the ones they want to use. its a rather simple and straightforward idea, and it should prove effective. if these skins are all offerred freely anyway, what does it matter where they are downloaded from? all credits are given, and any mistakes will be gladly changed. sorry for not asking permission, but my reasoning is all the same. i will remove it if you all want me to, but personally, i see no reason to. thanks.  :?

November 12, 2010, 12:54:38 AM
Reply #5

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:54:38 AM »
Well, some users have their own topics for their skins and if they want users to visit their topic, they wouldn't want their skins popping up anywhere else.  It doesn't matter what your intentions were, you need to ask.

It's especially bad since you've just gone "I don't remember who some of you are, so thanks anyways!"  That's not right.  If you don't know who made it, you definitely shouldn't include it.

November 12, 2010, 12:54:59 AM
Reply #6

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 12:54:59 AM »
I understand what you did, It's just you really should have asked permission. People put time and effort into making these skins, and most of them aren't too happy if people are doing things with them without their permission.

There's also updating issues. It's just easier to maintain the most recent version when your fetching it from the creators thread as opposed to a combination pack.

Point is, there is no reason to beg for forgiveness. You just made a mistake. Don't let it get you down.

November 12, 2010, 01:10:12 AM
Reply #7

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 01:10:12 AM »
i did what i did. granted, people DO put time and effort into these, i learned that from my first spriting attempt (Zero). if you're putting up skins, at the very least, why isnt there a single area to post them, so people dont have to go looking through 7 pages worth of topics? most of the creators' topics where i found these sprites were on page 3+. who's going to go back there unless they're trying to do something like this? old topics wont get their sprites downloaded, and alot of the not-updated-in-a-while topics have great skins, but they wont be used.
the deed has been done, all thats left is to react upon it.
A)leave it alone. B)remove some. C)remove everything.
personally, i say A) or B). let the creators come around and ask their skins removed.
ivory... "better to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission" is a phrase. i am not and will not beg for forgiveness.
ps- i realize this post makes me appear rude, but i just really dont understand why this is a problem, other than not asking permission.

November 12, 2010, 01:25:18 AM
Reply #8

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 01:25:18 AM »
"Why isn't there a single area to post them?"

That would be the List of Skins topic.  Now, take my Wily skin off, I don't want any part of this.

November 12, 2010, 01:28:43 AM
Reply #9

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 01:28:43 AM »
Take Spring and Commando Man out...see above answer

November 12, 2010, 01:39:30 AM
Reply #10

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 01:39:30 AM »
just to make this short and sweet, because i hate drawn out debates, if a third creator chooses to have his/her skin(s) removed, i'm closing the entire thing.nevermind. lets all forget about it.

*and Confuzzled was never heard from again*