Advanced Search

Author Topic: MEGA MAN ROCK FORCE EXPANSION (V3) - V6B COMPATIBLE  (Read 160240 times)

October 11, 2016, 03:38:55 PM
Reply #195

Offline MegaVile

• Standard Member

• [Necromancer of Saxton Hale]
  • Date Registered: August 06, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

• View Profile
Re: MEGA MAN ROCK FORCE IS RELEASED (V1)
« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »
You know I kinda find it weird how Justiceman only takes 2 damage from the shock gauntlet and not 4 or 5, considering its his weakness and you get it from the guy that threw him on a loop for the evil behavior he had after the intro stage. Just a suggestion tho lol

October 11, 2016, 03:51:37 PM
Reply #196

Offline Darkpaladin109

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 07, 2014, 10:06:08 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2016, 03:51:37 PM »
(click to show/hide)

October 11, 2016, 04:39:28 PM
Reply #197

Offline MegaVile

• Standard Member

• [Necromancer of Saxton Hale]
  • Date Registered: August 06, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2016, 04:39:28 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Well he was acting nice before, when Shockman did the shock, accoring to after the death man fight, it made him see something. Which is why Justice Man was like that after the shock. Even though he probably would have done it before hand. But either way before the shock he was just another megaman.
So it's a nice nod to how Shockman started the whole thing and his weapon ends it if you use it.

October 11, 2016, 07:51:05 PM
Reply #198

Offline Yoshiatom

• Standard Member

• Procrastination Woman
  • Date Registered: May 29, 2016, 07:59:25 PM

• View Profile
    • Check out the award-winning COP MARIO today!
« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2016, 07:51:05 PM »
Shock Man's map will now randomly choose between the original nighttime sky used in the Shock stage and the daytime dam sky used in the intro stage
(click to show/hide)

I'm not to sure about how the daytime BG looks; while I don't think much can be done about the skyline suddenly transforming into a dam, I dislike the fact that the skybox cuts off at the top and bottom of the dam, and cyan pits, just what?

The addition of CTF replacements is nice though, does that mean there will be a set of CTF maps with RF weaps and textures? (I'm assuming no but...)

October 11, 2016, 07:57:54 PM
Reply #199

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:54 PM »
You know I kinda find it weird how Justiceman only takes 2 damage from the shock gauntlet and not 4 or 5, considering its his weakness and you get it from the guy that threw him on a loop for the evil behavior he had after the intro stage. Just a suggestion tho lol

I think this was already answered on the Discord but I might as well just mention it here as well. This is pretty much just a balance thing, originally it did triple it's normal damage against players. As you can imagine, this was way too powerful. You could kill Justice Man in about eight shots, not even using half of the ammo bar. Because of this, the multiplier was lowered to double the damage and ammo pellets were given on the sides. Shock Gauntlet still is rather quick though so it has it's uses over the Mega Buster.

October 14, 2016, 05:16:21 PM
Reply #200

Offline Xhatahx

• Standard Member

• *sregnif sevaelretni* stenet wef a evah I
  • Date Registered: September 03, 2016, 07:21:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2016, 05:16:21 PM »
I just downloaded the newest Zandronum version, and bumped into a problem. The water in Shock Man's stage is treated as a bottomless pit.

You might want to look into that before v5b rolls around(assuming Zandronum doesn't fix that by themselves).

October 24, 2016, 06:33:02 PM
Reply #201

Offline Magical Doropie

• Standard Member

• Author, daughter, and goofball (she/her)
  • Date Registered: October 20, 2016, 04:57:46 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 24, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »
Even though I had some trouble installing it at first (blame my inexperience with Zandronum and DOOM in general), the expansion is great, even if not all of the skins are quite finished!

I do, however, have a few questions/nitpicks/whatever about the expansion:
- Shouldn't Shock Man's stage come first? The intro stage to Mega Man: Rock Force uses the enemies, graphics, and music of Shock Man's stage. It would only make sense to me to make Shock Man's stage the first stage in the lineup as a nod to the intro stage.
 - Speaking of Shock Man's stage, I feel like the frag limit should be lower, or at least less than twenty, because a lot of environmental deaths happen in the stage thanks to the bot AI not being able to recognize the water as a threat. Not only would this support making it the first stage if you did that, but seriously, my time playing the stage the first time through was 22:31.
 - One final, very small thing about Shock Man's stage: One of the spawns spawns the player partially sunken into the ground. It's a very small thing, and you can easily get out of being sunk by just jumping, but something that should probably be fixed nonetheless. It's the spawn by this spark shock:
(click to show/hide)
- As for the one thing I noticed not related to Shock Man's stage: The obituary for the Crypt Cloak (if I remember the past hour correctly) is "%o was dragged to their grave by %k's Crypt Cloak." (Or something along those lines, at least.) Shouldn't it use Zandronum/Skulltag genders?

UPDATE: I have now finished the campaign and have a few additional suggestions for the next version regarding the end of it.
(click to show/hide)

Anyways, that's it for now. I look forward to the expansion's completion!

October 24, 2016, 07:47:31 PM
Reply #202

Offline Yoshiatom

• Standard Member

• Procrastination Woman
  • Date Registered: May 29, 2016, 07:59:25 PM

• View Profile
    • Check out the award-winning COP MARIO today!
« Reply #202 on: October 24, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »
I do, however, have a few questions/nitpicks/whatever about the expansion:
- Speaking of Shock Man's stage, I feel like the frag limit should be lower, or at least less than twenty, because a lot of environmental deaths happen in the stage thanks to the bot AI not being able to recognize the water as a threat. Not only would this support making it the first stage if you did that, but seriously, my time playing the stage the first time through was 22:31.

In the next version there's going to be block monster lines by the water so that the bots won't fall into it at infinitum. (at least that's what I've herd) Although I always found that the bots were really hard to find in that map anyways. And there's nothing stopping you from using MDK I guess...

- One final, very small thing about Shock Man's stage: One of the spawns spawns the player partially sunken into the ground. It's a very small thing, and you can easily get out of being sunk by just jumping, but something that should probably be fixed nonetheless. It's the spawn by this spark shock:
(click to show/hide)

I pointed this out to Max on the Discord server and it should be fixed in the next update.

November 09, 2016, 05:14:25 PM
Reply #203

Offline Brash Buster

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: September 27, 2014, 03:19:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2016, 05:14:25 PM »
I'm giving a try at making a Terror Man skin, if that's all right.

November 10, 2016, 01:20:55 AM
Reply #204

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2016, 01:20:55 AM »
That's definitely alright with us, especially considering how difficult it seems Terror Man would be to make. I wish ya luck in trying to rotate his ridiculous amount of limbs. If you wouldn't mind, could you join the Discord server for the expansion as well? It'd just make it a lot easier to keep track of skin progress. Here's the link again if you need it, https://discord.gg/bCWw2GK

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of skins, I've seen a few requests for it here and there, so now there's a Rock Force skin pack. Just for the sake of keeping it easy to update, it does not have Crypt Man and Plague Man's skins despite them being finished, but rather they will be added with the V2 release of the Rock Force expansion.

You can download it here.

If you're curious who all made the skins, here's a quick list of credits found in the file.

(click to show/hide)

November 10, 2016, 01:35:38 AM
Reply #205

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2016, 01:35:38 AM »
You are a lifesaver Sonic.

Also Pulse's walk animation is a work of art.

November 27, 2016, 06:58:47 PM
Reply #206

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2016, 06:58:47 PM »
This update is like 50 screenshots and spoilers so get ready  :ugeek:

uhh what do I say
our mappers are asleep (for now) but everyone else has been doing work!!

Skins +bots
Every fusion master now has a bot, even though the ones included in the first release didn't at first.
(click to show/hide)

Now finally joining the roster to complete the first 8 robots, here's Circuit Man by FTX!
blame his old age for the delay
(click to show/hide)

And sneaking in while nobody's looking, here's Brash Buster's Terror Man!
(click to show/hide)

If you're curious, you can read all the robot master's botchats http://pastebin.com/p9Lqk4ch and the fusion master's botchats http://pastebin.com/GywTnr5n

This just leaves about... 3 fusions and the fortress bosses  :cool:

BUT
THERE'S ONE MORE SKIN
NITRO MAN
(click to show/hide)
Whilst he was replaced by Oil Man in v1, the scarfed crusader hung up his... scarf to make way for the REAL last member of the Rock Force, the stunt robot Nitro Man from Mega Man 10!
Zooming into a premature release before v6, he might bring along his Wheel Cutter, and be a selectable skin and ally in the campaign. He'll also be playable in...

November 27, 2016, 06:59:02 PM
Reply #207

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2016, 06:59:02 PM »
MEGA MAN ROCK FORCE CLASSES

we kept this under the radar for a little while to get it presentable but it's here now, people on discord have undoubtedly heard of it
Take control of 9 Rock Force members or 9 Justice League members to duke it out in team-based combat!
Like Ghouls vs. Humans, MMRF-Classes will have an asymmetric loadout of classes on each team. Thus they will be written down here in pairs, with one Robot Master from the Rock Force a parallel counter for a robot on the Justice League.

Everything you see below is subject to change.
The mod is not yet released nor finished. It will run in an optional .pk3 added after the expansion file.

Mega Man vs. Justice Man - the leaders
(click to show/hide)

Cut Man vs. Circuit Man - the reliable DPS
(click to show/hide)

Bomb Man vs. Fuse Man - the explosive frontline
(click to show/hide)

Fire Man vs. Photon Man - the defensive powerhouses
(click to show/hide)

Elec Man vs. Charade Man - flankers, crowd confusers, and attention seekers
(click to show/hide)

Dive Man vs. Virus Man - the backline spinners
(click to show/hide)

Knight Man vs. Pulse Man - the tanks
(click to show/hide)

Tornado Man vs. Shock Man - the crowd control
(click to show/hide)

Nitro Man vs. Crypt Man - gone in a flash
(click to show/hide)

whew that took forever to type out
expect news about the additional mod when it's ready, whew
though it can't be released until after v5b, and MMRF-V2 will take priority.
This classes mod has been a joint venture between CutmanMike, myself, and Sonicfam and as always I am grateful to everyone involved!!!!

November 27, 2016, 08:16:27 PM
Reply #208

Offline GameAndWatcher

• Standard Member

• Gosh!
  • Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2016, 08:16:27 PM »
 :shock:
Nitro Man's making an early appearance?! Can't wait to finally play with him!

November 27, 2016, 10:36:18 PM
Reply #209

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2016, 10:36:18 PM »
I think the only thing I don't like about this is that I won't get to play as the Fusion masters.
I'm excited to see how this works; it's reminiscent of GVH so I'll definitely give it a go.