Advanced Search

Author Topic: Do controllers work with this game?  (Read 3085 times)

February 27, 2020, 04:59:48 PM
Read 3085 times

Offline JPhantom

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 26, 2020, 10:00:59 PM

• View Profile
Do controllers work with this game?
« on: February 27, 2020, 04:59:48 PM »
Whenever I plug in a controller and start the game, the menu works fine. However when I start playing, whether it be online or offline, the camera goes to the top corner, meaning that I'm spinning in place and looking up. I have perfect control over everything else but I can't move effectively. Is this supposed to happen and do controllers work with this game?

Also, I think this happens because the game isn't using the keyboard and mouse, so the mouse goes to the top left corner of the screen and because it's still in effect, it moves the camera there as well. However, I can't fix this because even with mouse control turned off, it's still affecting the camera's position. is there something I'm doing wrong? did I turn off the wrong thing?

Does the type of controller I have affect this too? I use a PS4 controller and when I played with my PS3 controller, it worked just fine. if it does, is there a way to fix it or do I need a different controller?

February 27, 2020, 09:55:30 PM
Reply #1

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: Do controllers work with this game?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:55:30 PM »
I'm not super familiar with PS4 controllers, but it may be reading motion controls or the touch pad as mouse movements...?

April 14, 2020, 11:12:04 AM
Reply #2

Offline Bowsertime28

• Standard Member

• MEWTWO GOT A SHOTGUN *click* *click*
  • Date Registered: March 29, 2020, 03:47:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »
i dunno, maybe try to use some keybinding and maybe try to use the steam controler(?) i dont know how this works.

May 07, 2020, 08:32:20 PM
Reply #3

Offline Reverb

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 14, 2020, 03:28:49 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 08:32:20 PM »
I think I know how to fix this. First time I plugged a controller in, Xbox and PS4, they both did the same things. On a PS4 controller, the camera pushes to the top of the screen (facing up and spinning left) because the x and y view is set to both of the triggers. These are known as "X Rotation" and "Y Rotation" in the controller configuration menu, so you want to set those to none. Your "X Axis" would be set to strafing and the "Y Axis" would be set to moving forward. "Z Rotation" should go to looking up/down, while "Z Axis" needs to be on turning. If these settings don't work you might have to set all the configs to none and try out each option on every one of them. Just make sure that the X and Y rotations are on none because they are triggers that can be set as buttons in the "Customize Controls" menu. I would put up a picture but I don't know how exactly.

October 04, 2020, 02:22:09 AM
Reply #4

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 02:22:09 AM »
Moved this topic to Help & Editing (was in Bugs & Suggestions)