Advanced Search

Author Topic: GBT's Maps - BBB&B-v1b Hotfix  (Read 92323 times)

July 16, 2014, 08:58:28 PM
Reply #180

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
Re: GBT's Maps - BBB&B-v1b
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2014, 08:58:28 PM »
Ok, for one, there's no "should probably" about it. If you plan on making edits and bringing them to the forum, then you MUST have permission - elsewise, it's about as good as theft.

Two, how do you think having to deal with a fork of his own map affects the creator of said map? It certainly doesn't "take a load off [their] back", if anything it causes constant stress trying to keep it in check and keep it from growing out of control like Stonefunk had accused him of doing recently (which was misplaced blame if you ask me - maps and mods can't expect to be universally compatible with one another). Gumballtoid himself has gone on record stating that he'd make official edits to hotel for v4 at his own pacing and timing. You continuing to want to add to his map pales his own work as a result, and easily creates miscommunication among new members of the community for not knowing the origins of the mod (something that the current "official" build of GvH NES had been going through).

My point is, you have no real reason to feel like you've done anyone a favor, especially when the owner of the map has asked you to stop multiple times. Continuing what you're doing at this point will be considered active attempts of map theft and will be a punishable action.

July 20, 2014, 09:35:19 PM
Reply #181

Offline yenraB

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 20, 2014, 05:51:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2014, 09:35:19 PM »
This map is beautiful! I wanted to live in there!

August 22, 2014, 02:30:56 AM
Reply #182

Offline Fr3akGamer

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 08, 2013, 11:04:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2014, 02:30:56 AM »
Quote from: "-FiniteZero-"
Yes, but you should probably ask for permission first.
Umm, even if I did, it'd still make no difference. Besides, the kid's gonna get mad over a little map?

August 22, 2014, 03:03:46 AM
Reply #183

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2014, 03:03:46 AM »
Quote from: "Fr3akGamer"
Umm, even if I did, it'd still make no difference. Besides, the kid's gonna get mad over a little map?

Ok, what the hell are your priorities. What you did is called "theft" or a variant of "plagiarism" kinda sorta it's hard to say.

First of all, the fact that you're calling him a kid is ridiculous but that's not the point here. Let's take your argument about asking permission.
Yeah, GBT probably wouldn't have allowed you to...and that's the end of that. He doesn't let you, you don't do it.
So instead you copy/paste his map, add a bit, and release it. BUT IT'S OK CAUSE IT'S JUST A MAP.

Let's say I find a book.
I like this book.
I copy/paste this book and add 20 new pages of content.
I then release said book as "Insert Book Title Here: Special Edition"
OH WAIT THAT'S ILLEGAL OOPS
BUT IT'S OK KID GONNA GET MAD OVER A BOOK

But then again, that involves payment and cash and a minor hotel map doesn't so let's take it back a bit.
You're part of Justified classes are you not?
Let's say I get bored one day and decide to tamper with a little bit of code on Cut Man or something I don't know.
I keep the same class, but add a new attack. I do this for as many classes as I want and then release that class pack "Justified with more or shit" I don't know titles.

According to your logic, this is perfectly fine. You probably wouldn't let me release the classes with one extra move, but I'll do it anyway. And you can't get mad at me either!
Kid gonna get mad over a class mod?

The fact that you took GBT's map doesn't even matter at this point, but the fact that you refuse to acknowledge your actions as wrong and THEN insisting that GBT shouldn't even mind at all that you outright stole his product is the problem here.
So that's that.

August 22, 2014, 03:10:39 AM
Reply #184

Offline Fr3akGamer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2014, 03:10:39 AM »
Quote from: "Dr. Freeman"

Ok, what the hell are your priorities. What you did is called "theft" or a variant of "plagiarism" kinda sorta it's hard to say.

First of all, the fact that you're calling him a kid is ridiculous but that's not the point here. Let's take your argument about asking permission.
Yeah, GBT probably wouldn't have allowed you to...and that's the end of that. He doesn't let you, you don't do it.
So instead you copy/paste his map, add a bit, and release it. BUT IT'S OK CAUSE IT'S JUST A MAP.

Let's say I find a book.
I like this book.
I copy/paste this book and add 20 new pages of content.
I then release said book as "Insert Book Title Here: Special Edition"
OH WAIT THAT'S ILLEGAL OOPS
BUT IT'S OK KID GONNA GET MAD OVER A BOOK

But then again, that involves payment and cash and a minor hotel map doesn't so let's take it back a bit.
You're part of Justified classes are you not?
Let's say I get bored one day and decide to tamper with a little bit of code on Cut Man or something I don't know.
I keep the same class, but add a new attack. I do this for as many classes as I want and then release that class pack "Justified with more or shit" I don't know titles.

According to your logic, this is perfectly fine. You probably wouldn't let me release the classes with one extra move, but I'll do it anyway. And you can't get mad at me either!
Kid gonna get mad over a class mod?

The fact that you took GBT's map doesn't even matter at this point, but the fact that you refuse to acknowledge your actions as wrong and THEN insisting that GBT shouldn't even mind at all that you outright stole his product is the problem here.
So that's that.
Umm first of all, I wouldn't really mind if that happened with the Cutman code... if you want to edit it, go ahead, it still can't be as popular as the original :p
Second of all, yes, I know I borrowed the map, and I know it's wrong. I just don't really care because it's just a game. What happens in this game isn't going to affect your REAL life. Nobody's gonna refuse to hire you if you did some stupid stuff in a silly little game long ago. With that said, I have established my point. You may choose to accept it or you may not. It makes no difference. Have a good day sir.

August 22, 2014, 03:13:24 AM
Reply #185

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2014, 03:13:24 AM »
And once again you dance around the point! You just focus on the example and not what I'm saying.

You refuse to acknowledge that stealing a map, is not okay in the slightest.  I can steal a map and add all I want, but it's steal a stolen map. And the fact that you're saying Gumball SHOULDN'T EVEN MIND AT ALL is outrageous.

However, if you want to keep this mess up you might want to take it up in PMs.
This is a topic for and about Gumball's map after all, not shameless copies.

Edit: and ninja edit during my reply.
Saying it's just a game doesn't make it any less wrong. Theft is theft, sure you can't get arrested for an online thing like this, but that doesn't mean it's okay to do.

August 22, 2014, 03:21:11 AM
Reply #186

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
Re: WORTH
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2014, 03:21:11 AM »
>mfw Fr3ak says "it's just a game"
>mfw Fr3ak flips out about being banned from Best-Ever
>mfw Fr3ak literally said to the BE mods "this game is my life"

August 22, 2014, 03:23:31 AM
Reply #187

Offline Fr3akGamer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2014, 03:23:31 AM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
Please die. Not everyone can have real life talents like you Smash. Besides, that was before I made some friends. I also only flipped out because I realized an old friend who used to play was coming back to the game and I didn't want to miss his return. So don't blame me for flipping out because I was going to miss the return of one of my best friends in MM8BDM.

August 22, 2014, 03:29:02 AM
Reply #188

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2014, 03:29:02 AM »
Please die, not everyone can have real life talents.
Hi I have no idea what's going on but

1) Life talents have nothing to do with such an obsession. I don't think I'm particularly talented, but that doesn't mean games are my life because of that.
2) That's a pretty big personal attack, which is not only horrible in itself, but is obviously against the rules.

August 22, 2014, 03:30:17 AM
Reply #189

Offline Fr3akGamer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2014, 03:30:17 AM »
Quote from: "Kapus"
Please die, not everyone can have real life talents.
Hi I have no idea what's going on but

1) Life talents have nothing to do with such an obsession. I don't think I'm particularly talented, but that doesn't mean games are my life because of that.
2) That's a pretty big personal attack, which is not only horrible in itself, but is obviously against the rules.
When I say die, I mean for him to jump off this forum and mind his own business.

August 22, 2014, 03:32:43 AM
Reply #190

Offline Fr3akGamer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2014, 03:32:43 AM »
You know, there's a reason why the Doom community hates us. Because all of us take everything way too seriously.

August 22, 2014, 03:40:27 AM
Reply #191

Offline ScrapHeap

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2014, 03:40:27 AM »
Whether or not your intention was literal or figurative, you're being out of line.

August 22, 2014, 03:43:49 AM
Reply #192

Offline Fr3akGamer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2014, 03:43:49 AM »
Oh look who it is. It's the "**** off Fr3ak" guy.

August 22, 2014, 03:45:53 AM
Reply #193

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Zard1084
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:53 AM »
You know, there's a reason why the Doom community hates us. Because all of us take everything way too seriously.
ok i call bullshit on that! i have talked to plenty of doomer's to know that they dont hate Cutstuff they just hate people who lack maturety and who make ass of themselfs and have the stubborness of a steel wall! (well from what i remember at least....)

edit: oh hey my 1084th post how about that!

August 22, 2014, 03:47:27 AM
Reply #194

Offline Fr3akGamer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2014, 03:47:27 AM »
Quote from: "Zard1084"
ok i call bullshit on that! i have talked to plenty of doomer's to know that they dont hate Cutstuff they just hate people who lack maturety and who make ass of themselfs and have the stubborness of a steel wall! (well from what i remember at least....)
You mean like people who get butthurt over "stolen" maps?