Advanced Search

Author Topic: [EXPANSION] Rokko Chan - Expansion Pack Limbo...  (Read 69677 times)

January 02, 2013, 01:52:03 PM
Reply #15

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
Re: [EXPANSION] Rokko Chan
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »
Words cannot describe how excited I am.

January 02, 2013, 03:29:07 PM
Reply #16

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
I believe kujakiller knows some due to him speaking between PureSabe when he was working with him on 4MI.

January 02, 2013, 08:10:08 PM
Reply #17

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
Quote from: "Rozark"
I remember someone was obsessed with Japanese awhile back, and for a good long while too.
-dramatic pause-
His name was M712.
Of course, I'm not sure if he knows actual Japanese, but he did quite abit with it.

Then there's other people, and my attempt to help this topic and this post become why.
I was just using Google translate, while retranlating it back to make sure it was somewhat what I was trying to say. I only know the pronunciation of a few words. I can't even write my own name in Japanese despite seeing it so much on skype.

I really want to learn Japanese though. I wish I could.

I'd also like to help with this expansion somehow, as I really like this fangame. I may code some of the weapons and the campaign boss later on.

January 02, 2013, 08:13:42 PM
Reply #18

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »
I...know this is out of the blue, but I can make weapons, provided I get the sprites...

I have a couple ideas here...I'll spoiler them for space.
(click to show/hide)

The only issue I see would be colors and balance. While colors really aren't that big of a deal now with the new palette, I have not compared Rokko-Chan's colors to it at all, so colors may not end up being 100% accurate, unless I can get my old palette editing software back (I really hated that thing...).

But yea...stuff.

January 03, 2013, 01:04:31 AM
Reply #19

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 01:04:31 AM »
Quote from: "Lego"
Rolling Ring
Take Gemini Laser, buff the damage, ensure absolutely no bounce speed reduction, give it a spread.
Done
That sounds broken as apposed to Gemini Laser. Making it stronger, not slow down AND fire three at a time? I'd say lower the damage to make up for faster and firing more and maybe a slightly lower RoF.

Also Jet Missile, maybe a much slower missile then dive but stronger to make up for just being faster then a player?

January 31, 2013, 02:24:05 AM
Reply #20

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 02:24:05 AM »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
Thanks to a strapping gentleman and fellow Rokko Chan fan from a neighboring forum, the message has been successfully delivered, and a reply received.  And, well, we didn't just get the graphics we asked for.
We got every single graphic in the game.  Including some unused content.

It's taking me a fair bit of time to sift through all this, and get it ready for public use (Since nearly every graphic is saved as its own individual picture), but by tomorrow I should have all the skin candidates sheeted and ready for...well...skinning.  For now, I have Forest and Lightning for you--Lightning unfinished, but all the material needed is present.
(click to show/hide)
If anyone has any specific requests for me to sheet something (Like an enemy to be used as a stage prop), or perhaps you just want to see the unused content, that can be arranged.
Note that I am prepared to hand out the download to the entirety of the material to anyone, but understand that it is for MM8BDM use only.

If nobody has any objections, I'll probably wind up handling all the bot chats myself, but I wouldn't mind if someone else wanted to take one.

As a final note, now that we're squared away on everything, it may be time to begin thinking about what we want our campaign boss to be...

January 31, 2013, 02:48:44 AM
Reply #21

Offline GameAndWatcher

• Standard Member

• Gosh!
  • Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 02:48:44 AM »
I MUST do Hockey Man's botchat, I don't care if my version of him wouldn't get in, nor do I care that I've barely played the game before, I'm calling him, just for the fact that he's a friggin' HOCKEY MAN.

January 31, 2013, 07:27:11 AM
Reply #22

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 07:27:11 AM »
As I had said before I'll be willing to make a map, but I wouldn't want to take up a slot until I like what i'm making. Just promise this won't suffer the same fate the MI expansion did.
As for botchats, I'd either hold a contest of sorts and let people submit some, or ask The_Broker. Just my opinion.

February 01, 2013, 06:15:50 PM
Reply #23

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 06:15:50 PM »
Quote from: "Game&Watcher"
I MUST do Hockey Man's botchat, I don't care if my version of him wouldn't get in, nor do I care that I've barely played the game before, I'm calling him, just for the fact that he's a friggin' HOCKEY MAN.
...I...would actually appreciate that quite a lot.  I don't really know much about hockey, and since you seem to be passionate about the topic, you could probably sneak in some really clever references.
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
As I had said before I'll be willing to make a map, but I wouldn't want to take up a slot until I like what i'm making. Just promise this won't suffer the same fate the MI expansion did.
As for botchats, I'd either hold a contest of sorts and let people submit some, or ask The_Broker. Just my opinion.
Asking The Broker is precisely what I want to avoid.  I mean, he's a cool guy and all and his bot chats are good, but seriously, he's already got just about every other.  Let's let someone else (Read:  me (And whoever else wants to join)) get a chance.
Your map will be much appreciated, and once again, I trust that the people's love for Rokko Chan will overcome the monster known as laziness.  Honestly, I don't understand why the 4MI expansion is dead/dying to begin with.  :|

Also polls.  Important polls, where the votes may be cast.
Effectively everyone has their own unique name for the two characters in the Mad Stage 1 boss battle.  Cast your votes for the name you'd like to appear in-game.  All names presented name the gray girl, then the yellow girl.  The two most notable names are Fransiska and Lancea--which are their official names according to the official Rokko Book translation--and Berserker and Lancer, which are my attempts of giving them an actual English name.

February 11, 2013, 10:27:30 PM
Reply #24

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 10:27:30 PM »
What.

You have EVERY GRAPHIC?!

MUST HAVE THEM!!

And hey, I'd love to make a skin once the GFX are available!

And by the way, I think you should use the Mad stage 1 boss's real names.
It just makes more sense than making up a new one or just naming them by colour and weapon.

EDIT: Actually, could I do the Forestman skin? He IS my favourite Robot MAster from that game.

February 12, 2013, 02:24:26 AM
Reply #25

Offline Mister Gessert

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 02, 2012, 08:03:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 02:24:26 AM »
I'm.. having issues with making Rolling Man, well... walk. As well as some other issues.

February 12, 2013, 02:36:02 AM
Reply #26

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 02:36:02 AM »
Geno, you'll find the graphical collection for Rokko Chan in your mail.  Also, of course you can do Forest-Man!

It seems pretty evident that Fransiska and Lancea have completely swept the poll; is there anything else we need to vote on?

I'm having a spot of trouble completely characterizing the 'Bots based only from their physical appearance, but I can make it work.  I'll keep trying.

To Michael712, I'm afraid I must apologize for any delay.  Hopefully I'll be able to have the spritesheet you asked for to you by tomorrow.

February 12, 2013, 03:25:46 AM
Reply #27

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 03:25:46 AM »
I'd be more than willing to make props for the stages! I'm good at small spriting stuff.

That being said, I'm not sure exactly how to code them, but I'll sprite some for you! Just give me ideas on what you'd like to see in the stages.

February 12, 2013, 06:28:57 AM
Reply #28

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 06:28:57 AM »
Well i will make Volcanoman then but im still working the skin i making to a hale and some fixed skins and balrog to street fighter x megaman.

February 12, 2013, 10:54:07 AM
Reply #29

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »
I'm in the process of making Forestman, but I'm not very happy with the A6A4 sprite

As you can see, the head is all sorts of funky.