Advanced Search

Author Topic: Cutstuff Adventure 2- Emergency Signups  (Read 22564 times)

August 01, 2014, 06:21:30 PM
Reply #15

Knux

Re: Cutstuff Adventure 2- Signups and Only Signups
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 06:21:30 PM »
Right, he did say that. I even read the entirety of first post beforehand. Anyway, I always find it's better to give more detail than less. I'd much rather be told I did too much than too little, but feel free to change things around!

August 01, 2014, 06:40:01 PM
Reply #16

Offline Tengu

• Donator

• the frogs are gay
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 06:40:01 PM »
Name : Tango

Class Name : Swagmaster

Appearance (Optional) : (Not actually my avatar) Coats with lots of pockets, pants with lots of pockets, shades, etc.

Personallity (Optional) : Enjoys money (Think Mr. Krabbs), Always looking for action, stuck up and doesn't listen to reason.

Desired theme of skills : Mechanics involving gaining bonus money for completing tasks, killing units, etc. (Think Payday in Pokemon for example), The ability to rapid fire almost any ranged weapon with very poor accuracy, poor durability, agile.

As for MP usage, very high costs. However, the character would have the ability to purchase more MP while in combat. (Wow look at that it goes hand in hand with the cash gen mechanic)

Edit (Was given idea from Thunder/whoever): The way the money gaining mechanic would work would be by getting certain little "side quests" during combat for example "Defeat X monster", and completing that would grant cash on completion right there during combat.

So in a nutshell, this class is based around money money money. I feel like having lots of money would benefit the party too.

August 01, 2014, 07:19:38 PM
Reply #17

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 07:19:38 PM »
Name: Anatoliy Parnok.
Class name: Merchant.
Appearance:  An old man with black hair (almost bald), a mustache and a thin, pointy beard. He wears a gray Bowler hat ,a grayish green suit and a black tie. He's often seen carrying two huge briefcases or driving a small blue truck (inb4 he won't be allowed to use it here).
Personality: He nags a lot.
Desired theme of skills: Carrying lots of items, beating robbers with a broom. EDIT: oh and buying and selling stuff because he's a merchant.

August 01, 2014, 07:21:40 PM
Reply #18

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 07:21:40 PM »
Name: Ceridran

Class Name: Mana Warrior

Appearance:
(click to show/hide)
Personality: Strange and serious, there's no inbetween.

Desired Skill Theme:
I can summon wisp minions! They're fairly weak, but with my various abilities that allow me to give buffs to only my wisps, they can make a name for themselves! I can command each different wisp to take certain actions; to attack a certain enemy, or act as a meat shield for my allies. I can only summon 3 a certain amount of them.
However, even with buffs, minion damage and defense depends on my MP! If my MP gets too low, they won't deal damage and their defense is poor. My basic attacks can restore a light amount of mana depending on my damage dealt!

Yeah, this might be too specific, but seeing as how it was before..

August 01, 2014, 07:50:36 PM
Reply #19

Offline LarissaFlash

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 27, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »
Name:Sanda no Megami
Class Name:Electrician, goddess of thunders and lightning
Appearance (Optional):
(click to show/hide)
Personality (Optional):Funny, sarcastic, cares about friends, till getting mad
Desired theme of skills:Teleporting and lightning up things until overpower for fun

(click to show/hide)

August 01, 2014, 08:07:44 PM
Reply #20

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 08:07:44 PM »
SmashBro

Class Name: Assist Knight
Appearance: A smashing guy doing smashing things. Short black hair spiked at the tips, black eyes, Ambiguously Brown skin. Wears a red shirt with a white cross cut through it, resembling the Super Smash Bros. emblem. Over that he has a simple black overcoat, similar to a lab coat or hospital scrubs. Black slacks, red fingerless gloves, and a metal belt with a gold buckle resembling a circle with two ovals on the side (the A button and the X/Y buttons on the Gamecube controller).
Desired theme of skills: SmashBro fights alongside his robotic assistant Plus, forming an Assist Knight battle pair. SmashBro attacks using a punch charged by his fighting energy, augmented by the combat gloves he wears. His special moves involve throwing potions at enemies to disable their actions, or tinkering around on Plus's systems to improve her capabilities. If Plus falls in battle, SmashBro can spend the turn to Reboot her systems. This will revive Plus with a small percentage of her maximum HP at the end of the turn. (This prevents Plus from attacking during that turn, but at the same time ensures she will not be defeated immediately after a Reboot.)

Plus

Class Name: Assist Knight
Appearance: A robot girl doing robot girl things. Her whole body appears to be composed of a glossy white metal, with her torso painted dark crimson red (almost burgundy) around her "top" and "panties". Mid-short blue "hair" shape on top of her head, her red scanner eyes shining bright. Red cuff-like parts with spikes pointing towards her body in a sort of meteoric shape (something like Blaziken's flame wrists). Dark blue boots, with side vents pointing upwards toward her torso (to increase kick velocity; not traditional jump boots).
Desired theme of skills: Plus follows the commands of her creator SmashBro, forming an Assist Knight battle pair. She attacks by kicking enemies with her thick, powerful robo-legs. Some of her skills are buster attacks she can charge to gain buffs. The charge blasts are really powerful, but Plus can choose not to shoot immediately; Plus gains the beneficial effects of her buffs as long as she holds the charge. Her other skills improve her jet boots, allowing her to attack with rocket kicks or perform a baseball slide boost along the ground.

EDIT: I got permission from Freeman to be super specific with the Reboot skill

[4:08:44 PM] Dr. Freeman: reboot is cool
[4:08:48 PM] Dr. Freeman: kl;sadjfasd

August 01, 2014, 08:14:54 PM
Reply #21

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »
May as well just drop this here since I have reliable internet access for right this minute.

Name: Labada Horde
Class Name: Detective
Appearance (Optional): Tall, lean man. Wears a thick white overcoat that his left hand usually hides from plain sight in, and rugged, blackened jeans. Rough 6 o'clock shadow, and slightly messy hair slicked mostly to the right hand side.
Personality (Optional): Jovial and loyal to both others and his work. He tends to get rather reckless at times, however, and tends to be rather off put afterward.
Desired theme of skills: Skilled with miniature firearms, not so much with larger ones or hand-to-hand combat. Able to effectively use forms of interrogation, investigation, and forensics to his advantage.

August 01, 2014, 08:21:41 PM
Reply #22

Offline Thunderono

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• The Treaded Treasury
  • Date Registered: December 04, 2010, 11:20:27 PM

• View Profile
    • KHAN
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 08:21:41 PM »
Alright update from the cool kids

A few issues have arisen from the fact that you cannot specify anything about the attacks and we've decided to lighten up a little.  That is, if the skill or concept you are specifying on is a centralizing aspect of the class, it is okay to specify.  Smash's recent submission is a fantastic example; Smash himself acts by working with Plus, and Plus is the one that kicks faces.  But if Plus eats shit, Smash has to reboot her.  That's perfectly okay.  What isn't okay is going into specifics on like everything.  An example of this is Knux, (Who still needs to update his post or he WILL be denied) in which his class is painfully specific on how the buffs, debuffs, and attacks work.  It's totally fine to say that you want somebody to kick faces in with their foot, but don't say that it costs 40 MP, takes away 50% of enemy health and does other things.  THAT's the kind of specific we don't want.  We're looking for a theme, not a moveset.

August 01, 2014, 08:39:30 PM
Reply #23

Offline sa173533

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 18, 2014, 02:01:12 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 08:39:30 PM »
Name:Sa173533
Class Name:Reploid
Appearance (Optional): Tall,lean,and mechanical.Body armor is made out of Titanium X,the same material that created Mega Man X.Can later be upgraded by obtaining armor upgrades from hidden capsules.
Personality (Optional): Playful at times,but serious.
Desired theme of skills: Skilled at using copy weapons of varying elements and weapons,like beam sabers and busters.Said weapons and copy weapons can be used to solve all sorts of puzzles.

His special ability is the Nova Strike,where he builds up energy and then blasts towards the enemy at very fast speeds.

Is this okay for you guys?I haven't done this before.

August 01, 2014, 08:56:18 PM
Reply #24

Knux

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 08:56:18 PM »
Quote from: "Thunder"
An example of this is Knux, (Who still needs to update his post or he WILL be denied)
Please do, I figured I won't have time for this anyway.

August 01, 2014, 09:28:29 PM
Reply #25

Offline Jdude330

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 22, 2013, 12:57:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 09:28:29 PM »
Name: Reginald "Boomerang" Darksmith
Class: Trickster
Apperarance (optional): Medium size, Thin. hides his body with dark blue robes filled with weapons of trickery. Wears a mask to hide his face
Personality (optional): On the outside, he's just a scary guy with gadgets. but when you look deeper, you see a man who will risk his life for other teammates.
Desired theme of skills: Reginald uses trap weapons that take multiple turns to do a lot of damage. he also carries very weak Melee weapons.

August 01, 2014, 09:30:54 PM
Reply #26

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 09:30:54 PM »
Name: "C-Foam"
Class Name: Demolitionist
Appearance: Teenage girl, pale skin, hair and eyes are both seafoam (heh) blue. Typically wears a blue and orange jumpsuit with a metallic utility belt of sorts, though the belt is just for show.
Personality: Behaves like a secret agent. Fancies herself a lone wolf. Tends to make sarcastic remarks when irritated.
Skill Theme: Explosive Gel*

*C-Foam's special ability is the power to produce explosive gel, which she can cough up and spit at things, like very volatile and dangerous phlegm. Her "bread and butter" is applying this stuff to her fists and feet, making her attacks pack some extra heat (though potentially harming herself in the process if she isn't careful about it.) Over time, she learns new tricks with the gel; bomb jumping, explosive oil slicks, bubble bombs, human flamethrower tricks, the list goes on. I'm inviting the dev team to get creative with designing these skills; she's a secret agent with an infinite supply of explosive gel and the willingness to risk her own physical safety if it means getting the job done.

C-Foam prioritizes damage over all else, though she isn't a stranger to status effects. She's fast and strong, but a bit on the light side, especially considering her (ahem) explosive nature. She dabbles a bit in both physical and magic damage, though moreso in the latter than the former.

August 01, 2014, 10:11:43 PM
Reply #27

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 10:11:43 PM »
oh

I can't read

August 01, 2014, 10:14:16 PM
Reply #28

Offline Blutorus

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 07, 2014, 03:02:23 AM

• View Profile
here's my sorry attempt
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 10:14:16 PM »
Name: Zack Tesoro
Class Name: Jumpman
Desired theme of skills: High jumps, powerful kicks and stomps, carries/collects powerful boots to upgrade his stomping/kicking power and etc. (if this is allowed of course).

I think we all know who's not gonna get into CSA2

August 01, 2014, 10:21:29 PM
Reply #29

Offline Davregis

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2011, 07:44:46 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 10:21:29 PM »
Name: Pepin

Class:Druidic Shapeshifter

Weapons: Rope dart

Magicks: May shift forms, changing stats/elements/abilities, or may summon an elemental aspect, changing element/abilities.
Should cost MAG per turn and on activation; shouldn't be able to use items while shapeshifting into a form that shouldn't be
able to use items, and forms should cost greater MAG points(?).