Advanced Search

Author Topic: [EXPANSION] Rockman & Forte 2  (Read 75802 times)

January 16, 2019, 06:05:38 PM
Reply #270

Offline Dark Phil

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2011, 09:05:09 PM

• View Profile
Re: [EXPANSION] Rockman & Forte 2
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2019, 06:05:38 PM »
I hope at some point that this expansion picks back up to finish off the main series games (despite the fact that this game, like the Mega Man Dos games are the weird cousins that you pretend your not related to at family gatherings).

That in mind, I am curious as to how the team interprets Aircon Man. I initially thought it was Air Conditioning Man, but recently heard it as Air Control Man, which honestly makes a lot of sense for his design with the two fans and the cloud attacks. It also makes the Robot Master selection maybe one of the best in terms of an actual plan to take over the world. Aircon Man could shut down flights around the world. Stove (Konro) Man I imagine has some purpose for natural gas which people rely heavily on. Compass Man, assuming he controls some sort of navigation, could throw the world into disarray because we rely on GPS. Clock Men could throw off global timers, affecting deadlines and the worlds being in sync with each other in terms of flights (which once again plays into Aircon(trol) Man). Kumuso Man could possibly have mind soothing or control powers (based on a combination of history and Mega Man logic). And Bullet (Dangan) Man is literally a hired gun for fighting.

On a separate note, looking at the stage sprites for this expansion, most of them are interchangeable just with different color choices. Maybe the stage sprites need the Dos Reborn treatment to make them more distinguishable.

January 17, 2019, 03:22:24 AM
Reply #271

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
Re: [EXPANSION] Rockman & Forte 2
« Reply #271 on: January 17, 2019, 03:22:24 AM »
As someone distant from this (assumed dead) project, what's held me back from being interested in bringing it to life in MM8BDM is the surprising lack of original assets. The robot masters and weapons are well defined, but the stages are bizarrely unmemorable. Like you've said, tilesets are largely interchangeable between maps and the music in these stages are directly ripped from Mega Man and Bass - oftentimes in ways that don't fit the robot master at all.

I'd imagine working on skins or weapons or classes for RMF2 would be fascinating, but from a map perspective it's a wasteland. The robot masters and weapons probably wouldn't have to change much at all, but nothing short of a total replacement would get me to work on RMF2 maps.