Advanced Search

Author Topic: DRSG Rebirth vB.1 - v6 Patch 07/26/2022  (Read 51674 times)

August 07, 2013, 05:33:23 PM
Reply #90

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• A Nightmare before Christmas

• The neighborhood instant moe otaku.
  • Date Registered: January 19, 2011, 06:55:02 PM

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: DRSG Master Pack v1.1 (Official Release) May 04
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2013, 05:33:23 PM »
Quote from: "Magnet Dood"
I have been meaning to ask this for a while and I'm pretty sure I'm right, but...

Did you get those muscular statue guys from Pokemon TCG 2?
...what?

October 13, 2013, 01:31:22 PM
Reply #91

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2013, 01:31:22 PM »
Okay, so some of you guys may have noticed I haven't really been active on this site. I recently got into drawing and have been working on comics and stuff. I just lost interest on mapping for a while, haven't done anything since the official release. But the little that I did do for the new maps got me thinking... And I have been trying to do a bit to much, with that. That, and I just cant forget about the maps I already have. But I really needed some time away from mapping.

So I plan to make some big changes to the current maps to try to make them work, hopefully I can get it right this time, and I also plan to remove a lot of the unnecessary content like the easter eggs, the duora doll (the heck was I thinking!?), and textures and fix up the music and the broken water. So yeah. Im gonna try to upload screen shots this time around so people can see what I actually did. I plan to do 20 maps, maybe a new one. It will probably be released sometime after the next expansion. so yeah. that is all.

October 14, 2013, 12:56:40 PM
Reply #92

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2013, 12:56:40 PM »
20 maps.
Oh boy have fun with ideas.
Also yea, fixing the textures so they have definitions would be nice; I tried using a few earlier only to find that you just had them in a textures folder.

Good Luck.

September 15, 2014, 07:32:28 PM
Reply #93

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2014, 07:32:28 PM »
So just a little progress report or something. I now have 20 layouts complete for the maps, I have 1, maybe 2 more maps I'm working on, and one of them is Jungle Trouble, so there isn't too much work to do for that one aside from textures. I still have to place the things for most of them, and a little script work, but that's basically it. I'll post some screen shots sometime this week, depends on how my internet is, its been going really slow lately.

September 17, 2014, 11:49:52 AM
Reply #94

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2014, 11:49:52 AM »
First Batch featuring Dark Matter, Septic Tank, Shiver Peak.
(click to show/hide)

Second Batch featuring Jungle Trouble, Grid City (New), Hidden Lands (New)
(click to show/hide)

Final Batch featuring Cliff Side, Great Canyon, Underground.
(click to show/hide)

September 18, 2014, 11:08:26 PM
Reply #95

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2014, 11:08:26 PM »
Those new maps look nice and all, but I would like to know if you're fixing some of the issues I consistently see in your pack...

specifically you should seriously consider fixing all your textures by defining them like you would in core. This should fix all the issues you have with textures and mixing bittages. Also make sure no errors show up in the console with just the pack loaded to make sure all the custom actors and textures all show up as intended. This will make your map pack appear more polished and cleaner when it is finally released.

Also you should seriously change all the music to be handled through mapinfo instead of straight scripts...typing "changemus *" in the console should change the song to the default song of the map, not nothing.
What really gets me on this particular comment is how inconsistent you had it in your pack...some maps had default music others didn't and this was completely random...you don't need to have your boss music script force the stage music back upon map start...it also increases map loading time a little bit and could potentially cause memory crashes. [Running scripts with immediate effects can do this, especially when bots are involved...but that isn't as important.]

September 18, 2014, 11:47:19 PM
Reply #96

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2014, 11:47:19 PM »
Quote from: "Lego"
Those new maps look nice and all, but I would like to know if you're fixing some of the issues I consistently see in your pack...
For a second, I thought you were going to ask about oversized maps that could be split into 2-3 smaller maps. Which I actually did for a couple...

specifically you should seriously consider fixing all your textures by defining them like you would in core. This should fix all the issues you have with textures and mixing bittages. I have defined all the textures in the pack, with the textures being in the map wads like in the core.

Also make sure no errors show up in the console with just the pack loaded to make sure all the custom actors and textures all show up as intended. This will make your map pack appear more polished and cleaner when it is finally released.
I'll try, never been too good with coding, but I only have like 4 or 5 actors this time around, so it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

Also you should seriously change all the music to be handled through mapinfo instead of straight scripts...typing "changemus *" in the console should change the song to the default song of the map, not nothing.
I plan to do this and already have for some of the maps.

What really gets me on this particular comment is how inconsistent you had it in your pack...some maps had default music others didn't and this was completely random...you don't need to have your boss music script force the stage music back upon map start...it also increases map loading time a little bit and could potentially cause memory crashes. [Running scripts with immediate effects can do this, especially when bots are involved...but that isn't as important.]Wasn't aware of the possible crashes, or the extended loading time. I am aware that some maps have default music and some don't though. I probably grabbed some coding from the core maps, while using some I attempted to write myself or something. But I'll try to make sure I'm more consistent this time around.

September 19, 2014, 04:08:20 PM
Reply #97

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: July 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2014, 04:08:20 PM »
Hi Duora could you --if you didn't do it already-- change the water system like in DRSGDM07 (the Beach/Mountain map I think) so they use the standard water (low gravity) instead of the Doom Water (slowing down)??
This would make crossing the water portions smoother ; and as a matter of fact your maps wouldn't have the Hotel pool issue T_T if you didn't know about this one, the HOTEL map was banned from B.E because you could shoot certain things (Dr Wily's "forgive me" corpse, his lightning balls as well, Woody's leaves, Plantman's seeds, Heatman's fire blasts or Oil Man's oïl blobs, etc.) in the water and they wouldn't disappear until the pool would refill, causing stocking and as such, some lags.

September 19, 2014, 05:11:00 PM
Reply #98

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: "Stardust"
Hi Duora could you --if you didn't do it already-- change the water system like in DRSGDM07 (the Beach/Mountain map I think) so they use the standard water (low gravity) instead of the Doom Water (slowing down)??
This would make crossing the water portions smoother ; and as a matter of fact your maps wouldn't have the Hotel pool issue T_T if you didn't know about this one, the HOTEL map was banned from B.E because you could shoot certain things (Dr Wily's "forgive me" corpse, his lightning balls as well, Woody's leaves, Plantman's seeds, Heatman's fire blasts or Oil Man's oïl blobs, etc.) in the water and they wouldn't disappear until the pool would refill, causing stocking and as such, some lags.
DRSGDM07 has been removed. The map just wasn't that good, I might use some stuff from it at a later date though. As for the water, The only map to feature swim-able water now is Chill Hill, and the water there is fixed with the low gravity It was a pain getting that to work, but I did it.

November 15, 2014, 06:03:45 PM
Reply #99

Offline Duora Super Gyro

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: DRSG Rebirth vB.1 (Official Release) 11/15/2014
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2014, 06:03:45 PM »
Guys. I did it. DRSG Rebirth Pack is done...for the most part, the beta is up on media fire now and is ready for download.

Anyway, updated the first post with the media fire link and screenshots.

Edit: Feedback would be very appreciated :3

November 20, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
Reply #100

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
THE DEED IS DONE
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2014, 08:54:10 PM »
GENTLEMEN and ladies
I PRESENT TO YOU

THE OMEGA DRSG PACK GIFT BASKET

CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING GOODIES:
- GOODIES
- MORE GOODIES
- CRITICISM
- SWEAT
- .GIFS INVOLVING ICECREAM
- SO MUCH MORE

THE FORUMS COULDN'T HANDLE THE SHEER SIZE THAT IS

THE OMEGA DRSG PACK GIFT BASKET

IT CAN'T HANDLE MORE THAN SIZE 200
LOOK AT THAT RESTRICTION

SO I PLACED IT IN THIS HERE .ZIP FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD
GRAB IT
DO IT
NOW

https://www.mediafire.com/?vbkr32p5wy055cs

now if you'll excuse me I'm going to take a break I've been busy for the entirety of this thursday

December 24, 2014, 02:34:15 AM
Reply #101

Offline Hilman170499

• MM8BDM Extender

• BLUE FOR DAYS!!!
  • Date Registered: March 18, 2012, 05:49:26 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2014, 02:34:15 AM »
Bump: Uh, I think I found an error:

(click to show/hide)

December 24, 2014, 02:37:39 AM
Reply #102

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2014, 02:37:39 AM »
Oh crap, I forgot to get back to you on that one.

March 26, 2021, 08:16:23 AM
Reply #103

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2021, 08:16:23 AM »
Think We Need a Update.

April 20, 2021, 02:27:06 AM
Reply #104

Offline ice