Advanced Search

Author Topic: Mega Man Powered Up Discussion Topic  (Read 6269 times)

May 22, 2016, 02:18:33 AM
Read 6269 times

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

• View Profile
    • http://sonicfansunited.forumotion.com/
Mega Man Powered Up Discussion Topic
« on: May 22, 2016, 02:18:33 AM »
What did you like about Powered Up? What didn't you like? What part was easy for you? What part was hard for you? Post your Mega Man Powered Up memories here

What did you like about Powered Up?
I liked the fact they added the construction mode. I love games where you can make your own stages and have other people play them. I also like the fact you can still download people's stages off of Mega Man Web even after 10 years after the game came out.

What didn't you like?
They changed Yellow Devil's weakness for no explainable reason. Was Thunder Beam too over powered that they had to change Yellow Devil's weakness? I mean, CWU-01P's weakness was the same after all.

What part was easy for you?
Cut Man and Bomb Man's stage were the easiest for me.

What part was hard for you?
Personally, I found fighting a Robot Master you are weak too the hardest part. Guts V.S. Time was easy though..

Who is your favorite Robot to play as?
I love playing as Fire Man, because Oil Man's stage is ridiculously easy. Almost nothing can hurt you as long as you keep firing. Also Yellow Devil is weak to Fire Storm, so you are set there.

Who is your least favorite Robot to play as?
Oil Man, because if your oil shot misses, you have to wait until it disappears until you can fire another one. Also the oil shots don't do much damage to enemies.

May 23, 2016, 04:51:37 PM
Reply #1

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man Powered Up Discussion Topic
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 04:51:37 PM »
What did you like about Powered Up?
The fact We can play with robotmasters and the nice graphic design (even if i don't care about engine and nextgen stuff), nice remix too!

What didn't you like?
The fact, i have found the way to use the stick to make maps...too late x)

What part was easy for you?
Killing ennemies with Elecman and Fireman x) (can't remember really the stages..)

What part was hard for you?
Some challenges and the part with all the boss, but it was so cool.

Who is your favorite Robot to play as?
Iceman, it was so funny to freeze everyone, also Bombman, throwing bomb is cool with this characters

Oilman too, very hard to play....

Need more megaman games like powered up.... It was so original...and dat stage maker....
If the game was on the Wii instead of PSP, the price of the PSP was so expensive for a little console...it should be better for the sales...
Maybe they will put it on the PSN or others, it could be nice for the new fans.

July 14, 2016, 07:28:10 PM
Reply #2

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 07:28:10 PM »
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"
Oilman too, very hard to play....

I hate the fact that you could get hurt if you jumped off Oil Slider at the wrong time or aimed it incorrectly.

July 31, 2016, 01:24:37 PM
Reply #3

Offline hauleroftrees

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 30, 2016, 03:00:38 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 01:24:37 PM »
I enjoy it theorally because of construction mode and the fact that protoman is incredibly overpowered. I hate the classic yellow devil and the fact that the yellow devil's patterns differ between difficulties and classic/new style. But the most I hate is the water robot that I can't name properly, it's just guaranteed to hit you unless you do something sick like slowdown time and fire at it to shrink the bubble so it doesn't hit you, horrible boss experience. I liked Cut Man, Ice Man and Bomb Man's stages the most, I hated Fire Man's, Time Man's and Oil Man's. In Time Man's stage, the part where you jump on bombs between pendulums feels like Sonic 1's marble zone where you jump on the floors with the spikes to get to the top and if you fall down you're gonna have to run through that again, it's not really pleasant.

What I want is Mega Man 2 Powered Up. (Yes put the 2 before the title so it makes sense that it's revamped off of mega man 2)

August 02, 2016, 04:39:45 AM
Reply #4

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 04:39:45 AM »
Quote from: "hauleroftrees"
I enjoy it theorally because of construction mode and the fact that protoman is incredibly overpowered. I hate the classic yellow devil and the fact that the yellow devil's patterns differ between difficulties and classic/new style. But the most I hate is the water robot that I can't name properly, it's just guaranteed to hit you unless you do something sick like slowdown time and fire at it to shrink the bubble so it doesn't hit you, horrible boss experience. I liked Cut Man, Ice Man and Bomb Man's stages the most, I hated Fire Man's, Time Man's and Oil Man's. In Time Man's stage, the part where you jump on bombs between pendulums feels like Sonic 1's marble zone where you jump on the floors with the spikes to get to the top and if you fall down you're gonna have to run through that again, it's not really pleasant.

What I want is Mega Man 2 Powered Up. (Yes put the 2 before the title so it makes sense that it's revamped off of mega man 2)

I do believe if you hit CWU-01P with Thunder Beam, it will stun him for 5 seconds

August 12, 2016, 11:38:46 PM
Reply #5

Offline Dittoman

• Standard Member

• It's been how long since I was last here?
  • Date Registered: February 22, 2015, 09:25:04 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 11:38:46 PM »
I got the game recently; I've already beaten it with Fire Man. I haven't tried out all of the Robot Masters yet, but so far the most aggravating one to play as is Cut Man; I have trouble aiming his Rolling Cutter (go figure that's the move Wily tends to slaughter me with).

I absolutely love the idea of playing as the Robot Masters; as soon as I unlocked them all, I instantly dumped Mega Man in favor of the Masters. What I wouldn't give for 2 Powered Up... Heat Man's my most favorite Robot Master of all :<

I especially like the quirky personalities they give the Robot Masters - I've always seen Elec Man as an arrogant prick (blame MS Paint Masterpieces), and Fire Man is delightfully hammy. I find Ice Man's personality a bit odd, but he seems to be pretty inconsistently written throughout the series, anyway.

Guts Man and his stage can go die in a fire (of justice), though. That goes triple for the Wily Machine.

August 26, 2016, 12:56:28 AM
Reply #6

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 12:56:28 AM »
I haven't tried out all of the Robot Masters yet, but so far the most aggravating one to play as is Cut Man; I have trouble aiming his Rolling Cutter (go figure that's the move Wily tends to slaughter me with).

I hate Oil Slider because you can only shoot one at a time. If you miss, you have to wait for the oil blob to go away.

Guts Man and his stage can go die in a fire (of justice), though.

You have no idea how much I hate those lifts and their annoying sound  :mad:

August 26, 2016, 01:56:24 AM
Reply #7

Offline Promestein

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 27, 2013, 04:02:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 01:56:24 AM »
I find Ice Man's personality a bit odd,
He's bipolar.

August 30, 2016, 01:13:49 PM
Reply #8

Offline Heihachi_73

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 03, 2014, 10:59:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 01:13:49 PM »
I hate Oil Slider because you can only shoot one at a time.
Just like the original NES weapons then. :)

One Rolling Cutter, one Thunder Beam, one Fire Storm, one Ice Slasher, one Guts Block (Super Arm), one Hyper Bomb. Yet five Magnet Beams...

Contrast with 2 Bubble Leads, 2 Atomic Fire shots, 3 Metal Blades, 4 Quick Boomerangs (arguably, the Air Shooter could be counted as 3 shots on-screen as well, and 3 Item-1 platforms too).