Advanced Search

Author Topic: MM8BDM V4A - V4B Roll Call!  (Read 177975 times)

October 01, 2014, 02:59:11 PM
Reply #660

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
Re: MM8BDM V4A - V4B Roll Call!
« Reply #660 on: October 01, 2014, 02:59:11 PM »
You sure get angry when someone makes a short post, Lego.
EDIT: and PerfectlyLegit's post was just an opinion, lel.

October 01, 2014, 03:22:21 PM
Reply #661

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 01, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »
Quote from: "Ivory"
The world doesn't revolve around you though
I'm not commanding what should happen in this update, I'm just giving my own personal opinion.

This is a forum. People are allowed to politely post opinions and ideas.

Me repeatingly posting here is due to me getting the impression that people are not understanding what I'm trying to say, not due to trying to force something into the game.

October 01, 2014, 03:26:32 PM
Reply #662

Offline ScrapHeap

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 01, 2014, 03:26:32 PM »
Would it have been better if I did this, Lego?
(click to show/hide)
Better yet, why don't we just ignore things like that and stick to the topic at hand?

Copy Vision is nearly useless. I know it's a sentry-type thing, but the projectiles don't do much of anything in direct engagements, and fighting defensively with it is worse since it doesn't last long enough to set up a defensive zone. I understand it's supposed to be a support-type power, but it feels more like it's just there rather than a help.

October 01, 2014, 03:49:20 PM
Reply #663

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 01, 2014, 03:49:20 PM »
You likely aren't using it correctly, then. It's meant to be basically a second mega buster while you pelt the person you're aiming at with something else...it's quite effective if you use it when it's hard for your opponent to escape for adding onto how much DPS you're dealing.

And yes, that is a much better way of putting it, it primarily annoyed me because "unless Eddie gives you copy vision, getting something you don't already have will always feel like eddie never wasted your time" didn't feel like it made sense. I wasn't angry at the opinion, I was angry at the lack of an obvious side.
And yes, I do get angry when a post doesn't feel like it bears a complete thought.

October 01, 2014, 04:02:57 PM
Reply #664

Offline ScrapHeap

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 01, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »
But in contrast, when is it going to be hard for your enemy to escape when the least they can do is run, and the most is rebuttal with attacks of their own, usually overpowering your puny little support? And yes, I know you can switch weapons while it's out, but on the maps where copy vision is, there usually aren't weapons that work well with it, although correct me if I'm wrong. My main point was, Copy Vision doesn't feel significant enough to be anything other than an annoyance at best.

October 01, 2014, 07:11:25 PM
Reply #665

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #665 on: October 01, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
Quote from: "BiscuitSlash"
Quote from: "BiscuitSlash"
What I'm saying is, the games faithfulness outweighs the improvement of gameplay
I don't remember ever being frustrated at Eddie giving me something I already have in 8BDM. This "improvement" seems far to minor to warrant dropping the accuracy to the original games.

Eddie's still random in what he gives you, which is accurate (so your point is moot). He just won't give you something you already have, and thus don't need.

NES Eddie was a thing in a single player 2D platformer, it was manipulable and abusable, and the types of drops were limited to the most useful, instead of just all kinds of drops. The odds were in your favour the whole time, and if they weren't, you could easily manipulate them.

You can't manipulate odds online, in a game where all enemies are human players, and they're searching and shooting at each other constantly, and where health/ammo pickups respawn in set places. Oh, and Eddie's potential drop list skyrockets, so it's far, far more random.

Please let perfect 1 to 1 accuracy go: 8BDM was never about perfect replication of Classic Mega Man, that was dropped even before alpha. It doesn't always work.

EDIT: And yeah, never been a fan of Copy Vision myself, but that's just me. I mean, I find Metal Blade useless, but that doesn't mean someone else can, and it's not like Copy Vision doesn't work, I just don't like it.

October 01, 2014, 11:34:31 PM
Reply #666

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #666 on: October 01, 2014, 11:34:31 PM »
What I don't understand about all of this is that MM8BDM Eddie doesn't even drop the items he drops in Mega Man games. he drops weapons in MM8BDM, and real Eddie never did such a thing. It's hard to take a complaint/opinion/etc about this seriously when the mm8bdm functionality of him isn't even canon to begin with.

Game mechanics from a single player platformer does not carry over to an online arena shooter 1:1.