Advanced Search

Author Topic: [ACS] TeamPicker and Hoyp TeamPicker  (Read 4948 times)

September 06, 2015, 12:10:55 AM
Read 4948 times

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
[ACS] TeamPicker and Hoyp TeamPicker
« on: September 06, 2015, 12:10:55 AM »
TeamPicker is a mod that allows server hosts to customize the individual colors of each team in the game through cvars.
Download it here!
(click to show/hide)

To use it, you must first activate TeamPicker.
While it's loaded, set TP_PickerOn to "1."
Doing so will turn all the teams pure black.
Afterwards, you'll have to adjust the individual colors using the game's palette, which you can find right here.
Find some colors you like and set TP_PrimaryL and TP_SecondaryL to your numbers, and you've got Light team done.
Now do the same for TP_PrimaryW, TP_SecondaryW, and possibly more if you have more than two teams enabled.
For Cossack and King, just replace the L with C or K.

As an example, to make Wily's team use the same colors as Light's team, you would set TP_PrimaryW to 198 and TP_SecondaryW to 192.
Won't work with much that changes global or wepacs.

Hoyp TeamPicker is considerably different in that it works for Classes-v8b, but you can only choose from predefined team colors set up for the hoyp tournament.
You can download that here!
To use it, set YD_TeamPickL or YD_TeamPickW to a number from 1-12, and the team's colors [including their projectiles!] will change.
List of colors:
(click to show/hide)
Some quick notes:
This mod is not compatible with classes banned from the tournament. If you attempt to play one with a team color active, you won't shoot anything.
Also, team indicators and Roll's Health don't change colors, so make sure you still know what team you're on.
This mod will very quickly become incompatible as it's a gutted Classes-8b. A new version coming out will cause this mod to overwrite files in that that you don't want to be overwritten.

Here at the end I'd like to thank Mickle and Lego greatly; without them, neither of these mods would likely exist or function.
So thanks a lot!

Have fun playing with these, and let me know if anything bugs up.

September 06, 2015, 01:13:47 AM
Reply #1

Offline Orange juice :l

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=590
Re: [ACS] TeamPicker and Hoyp TeamPicker
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 01:13:47 AM »
I am hugely disappointed you didn't use the best picture as an example.

nsfb
(click to show/hide)

May 19, 2016, 04:17:17 AM
Reply #2

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
Re: [ACS] TeamPicker and Hoyp TeamPicker
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 04:17:17 AM »
So with 90% Purple taking place and it being mostly vanilla, I thought I'd take a crack at making some aspects of Team Picker more adept at color coordination among important objects within team.
This does not start making projectiles team colored, but it does make a couple other changes Team Picker needed to make it feel more like a mod that changes the colors of a player's team.

v2 Changes:
    Default colors now unique among teams. They're different from normal team colors to prove changing TP_PickerOn worked.
    They're still kinda bad, so make sure you actually change 'em!
    When any of the cvars are changed serverside, all the colors are updated on the fly!
    Custom colors now apply to team bars!
    Custom colors now apply to CTF flags!
    When TP_PickerOn is disabled, all the colors revert to the core MM8BDM colors. [Bug fix]

Download from Dropbox
Download from Best-Ever

Usage is exactly the same as what's listed in the starting post.