Advanced Search

Author Topic: STAR WARS: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy  (Read 5573 times)

May 24, 2015, 01:03:20 AM
Read 5573 times

Offline Endymion

• Standard Member

• Master Magician
  • Date Registered: February 26, 2015, 03:18:18 PM

• View Profile
STAR WARS: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
« on: May 24, 2015, 01:03:20 AM »
How much I played with this game during the late 2005, but never installed again since the disc blowed up within the drive of my ol PC. Now I got it from GOG.com in digital release, and work like a charm. :)

Alongside with the Unreal Tournament, this game requires no introduction. It is the last game in the Jedi Knight series, and the most Jedi/Sith oriented one too. The game focuses on saber combat and Force use, but still has a decent load of firearms. There are different styles for the saber, and many upgradeable Force powers. Alongside with the skin, you can customize your character by selecting those styles and powers. Has a superb story mode, but it is more fun in multiplayer. It is also very modable. It uses the id Tech 3 (Quake 3 Arena) engine, and its scripts are very similar to the one used in the Doom's PK3s and WADs.

For celebreting the rebuy, I uploaded a video:

Also I has a bunch collection of custom maps from old community. Some of them are no longer on the net anymore, but I uploaded them again. :)

https://mega.co.nz/#F!cRN1GY5J!xbveYI6mC2HT2dKxFlIvHA

My router isn't really supports any kind of port forwarding, but if you can host, I'm always here for some action. :D

May 30, 2015, 08:17:35 PM
Reply #1

Offline Jman

• Standard Member

• ( ͡° ͜&#
  • Date Registered: June 28, 2011, 02:09:25 AM

• View Profile
Re: STAR WARS: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:17:35 PM »
I played this game for awhile when it was released on steam back in 2009/2010'ish.

Of course, steam offered a brief revival in its community, but it was short lived. At the time, the game was roughly 5 years old and was considered "dying". And, I mean dying in the most honest sense. Servers everywhere were quickly losing activity, and the many server communities were just disbanding by the time I picked up the game.

Not to mention that it was sort of like the infamous "homie invasion" that happened awhile ago when lots of new people bought the game because of the steam release. New players were met with a lot of xenophobia and were driven away en masse by overwhelming toxicity. Every server community I joined just displayed this overwhelming hostility towards new players, despite the game's desperate need for new players.

I'm done rambling now. I've had a few unpleasant memories of this game because of the game's very small and toxic community.

June 01, 2015, 12:47:36 AM
Reply #2

Offline Endymion

• Standard Member

• Master Magician

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 12:47:36 AM »
Community isn't required for a game to be enjoyable. I played alone, I played with friends, and I never was on any of those community servers, nor on any of its sites. The game is good, and can be enjoyed even alone. I just picked it from GOG.com (a far more cheap than steam, and not require any 3rd party programs like that lame steam-thing), and searched on my discs for the downladed maps. Since I have this game again I play so much, and even played on LAN with one of my friends.

You see, there are no need for good community, we just need friends. If our friends isn't interested we can still play alone. I played only against bots in UT2004 since 5 years, and I still found that game interesting. Nah, Jedi Academy is far more interesting. :)

June 11, 2015, 01:20:29 AM
Reply #3

Offline leoalex50

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 29, 2012, 02:13:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 01:20:29 AM »
Well I found discs 1&2 of this game yesterday for PC but idk if I need disc 3 if there is one so I don't think I can play it yet

June 11, 2015, 10:29:36 PM
Reply #4

Offline Endymion

• Standard Member

• Master Magician

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 10:29:36 PM »
The game comes with two disc only as far as I know. I never had it physically. I bought it from GOG.com alongside with the Unreal Tournament 2004 just for nostalgic overload. Maybe I will make an another thread for my another favorit retro game. :P

June 11, 2015, 11:13:06 PM
Reply #5

Offline leoalex50

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 29, 2012, 02:13:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 11:13:06 PM »
Well maybe I might play it tonight if i can get it to work on my windows 7 64-bit pc

June 12, 2015, 06:32:53 PM
Reply #6

Offline Endymion

• Standard Member

• Master Magician

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 06:32:53 PM »
It should to be work. At least the GOG.com version does, and they not edit the original files, at least not without the author's permission.