Advanced Search

Author Topic: T's Inventions' Bot Apocalypse Fixes  (Read 2836 times)

June 08, 2020, 06:46:02 AM
Read 2836 times

Offline T's Inventions

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2011, 03:01:18 AM

• View Profile
T's Inventions' Bot Apocalypse Fixes
« on: June 08, 2020, 06:46:02 AM »
Eventually, there comes a time in life when you've got to end up being like.......  SCREW IT!
After years of being absent from these forums and the online games, I've decided I just can't take it anymore.
And so, I HAVE RETURNED.

After having my name mentioned on the front blog/page years ago.  I've known I can't just keep this a secret project forever...
Many MM8BDM players who have been here in the community long enough will remember Classic Bot Apocalypse, first discovered/invented by SaviorSword years ago.
All these years, it has definitely been by far one of my favorite mods/modes for MM8BDM, if not my top one.
And while Messatsu and SickSadWorld DID try to turn it into a fully functional WAD/Mod' that could be added to the game.
I just never really liked the direction that their versions were going in.  And so now I give you my version of Bot Apocalypse!

This is an attempt to continue the development of the Bot Apocalypse WAD while Messatsu and SickSadWorld does not seem to be working on it much at all.
With my version, I'm attempting to add some good stuff that Mess' and Sick' never tried doing, and hopefully this will be a good improvement from their versions, no joke!
For now, I'm starting more simple and focusing mainly on fixing the biggest problems that the classic (WADless) Bot Apocalypse had.

Here are the current working features:
* The bots switch weapons in a new way.
* Players gets 8-second invincibility at the start of rounds.
* Players gets the same random assist item(s) at the start of rounds.
* More weapons appear - ones that does not normally appear in (T)LMS.
* Plays win and lose music at the end of a map.
* Keeps players and bots on the right teams when they enter the game.
* Keeps crouching turned on for players to use.
* Prevents the bots from picking up weapons and items.
* Spawns some small health capsules throughout the map for the players to pickup.

Future features that I do want to add soon/eventually in later version(s):
* The automatic-bot-adding and * the bot-leader stuff.
Now, before I get to adding these features, there are some new ideas I have/want planed for them that to me is CRUCIAL to get working.  (I didn't name myself T's INVENTIONS for nothing!)
(click to show/hide)

Now at this point, I'm VERY sorry for not releasing this MUCH sooner years ago...
Also I know I'm not the best and most advanced Doom/ACS coder, but please expect me to know what I'm doing.
I will explain more further details soon enough.  All feedback and support is appreciated etc.

DownLoad The Current Version Here:  https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=ts-botapocfixes-betatest6.wad

February 09, 2021, 07:47:31 PM
Reply #1

Offline T's Inventions

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2011, 03:01:18 AM

• View Profile
Re: T's Inventions' Bot Apocalypse Fixes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 07:47:31 PM »
Well, aren't you all totally the most chatty about this mode...  Not.
OK, maybe it would help if I post some links to previous Bot Apocalypse topics here on CutStuff from many years ago in case if anyone's interested about learning more about Bot Apocalypse and its history...

Here is SaviorSword's original topic, he starts it off by explaining how to setup an original WAD-less server:
(Some of the steps are not needed anymore due to old issues/flaws with MM8BDM now being fixed and long gone.)
https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=2352.0

SickSadWorld's topic for his WAD/version that he made years ago:
https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=3487.0

And lastly, TailsMK4 made a guide intended for when you play Messatsu's WAD/version:
https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=4420.0

Also, I would like to ask the CutStuff mod's when can I have this Topic moved up to Projects&Creative, as I have been getting quite a bit of players in my server over these past couple of months!

May 22, 2021, 10:31:43 PM
Reply #2

Offline souxd

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 02, 2020, 10:25:50 PM

• View Profile
Re: T's Inventions' Bot Apocalypse Fixes
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 10:31:43 PM »
I tried to host a Messatsu's Botapoc server today on mm8bdmv6a but there was an error or something