Advanced Search

Author Topic: Why won't my map play my custom music?  (Read 3409 times)

June 27, 2021, 08:56:48 AM
Read 3409 times

Offline Charbomber

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 31, 2017, 05:31:26 PM

• View Profile
Why won't my map play my custom music?
« on: June 27, 2021, 08:56:48 AM »
I've just started a map, and I need help, but I can't find a MM8BDM Discord or anything, so I'd like to ask for help here.

So, I've just did exactly what you'd normally do when adding music to a level, and even made sure with a tutorial on making maps specifically for MM8BDM.
Everything's exactly how there should, I checked it for typos heavily, and yes my music option is all the way up. I would give a screenshot of what I mean, but I'm not used to Forum Boards and I have no idea how.

The most I could think about is how I tried to make my music loop in a certain way using ZDooM music loop tags, but I don't know why it wouldn't work because of some darn tags.

EDIT: I just realized I'm dumb, I should probably provide the MAPINFO.

Code: [Select]
map GRASTWN "Grasstown" {
next = "GRASTWN"
sky1 = "BLACK", 0
music = "CSGRASS"
aircontrol = 0.5
forcenoskystretch
clipmidtextures
evenlighting
}

June 28, 2021, 01:22:53 PM
Reply #1

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: Why won't my map play my custom music?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 01:22:53 PM »
The most I could think about is how I tried to make my music loop in a certain way using ZDooM music loop tags, but I don't know why it wouldn't work because of some darn tags.

What sorts of tags are we talking about? Try removing said tags first and see if that does anything. If not, I can look at it myself if you want.

June 29, 2021, 04:12:51 AM
Reply #2

Offline Charbomber

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 31, 2017, 05:31:26 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 04:12:51 AM »
What sorts of tags are we talking about?

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Audio_loop these bad babies, placed directly at the end of my OGG files, but you're right, I'm gonna try them without the tags.

Just tried it, no even without the ogg tags it does not play the music for some reason.

July 01, 2021, 09:08:09 PM
Reply #3

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 09:08:09 PM »
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Audio_loop these bad babies, placed directly at the end of my OGG files, but you're right, I'm gonna try them without the tags.

Just tried it, no even without the ogg tags it does not play the music for some reason.

oh, the usual LOOP_START stuff. That works properly here so I'm not entirely sure why you're having issues. If you want, you can DM the map to me and I can mess with it.