Advanced Search

Author Topic: [V5B] Setting up editing tools for V5B  (Read 10551 times)

May 24, 2017, 04:43:21 PM
Read 10551 times

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
[V5B] Setting up editing tools for V5B
« on: May 24, 2017, 04:43:21 PM »
Some of you may get a few errors if you attempt to edit V5B in Doom Builder or try to compile ACS using some of the new scripting functions. I have uploaded an editing package to help solve these issues.

Download here: http://cutstuff.net/public/v5b-editingpackage.zip

Doom Builder

Those familiar with Doom Builder may have encountered errors while trying to load the v5b pk3 file into their resources. This is my fault, so apologies for that. You will have to point it to the new pk3 included in the zip file above named "v5b-resourcepack.pk3". This is essentially v5b without the duplicate entries that are causing the errors and all irrelevant files (music etc) removed. Go into Game Configurations, select ZDoom in UDMF format and add the pk3. Remove any other mm8bdm pk3's in this list of files. See the screenshot below for what it should look like.

Doom Builder Scripting

For scripting, you may notice some functions do not work (especially if you are trying to add map cards). You need to manually add these to Doom Builder's acs. Find your way to the Doom Builder 2\Compilers\ZDoom directory and extract the files in the acs folder of the v5b-editingpackage zip into the ZDoom folder. Overwrite all files.

Slade Scripting

Repeat the steps above but for the directory SLADE is pointing to for it's ACS. You can find where that is by going into SLADE's Configuration -> Scripting -> ACS.

Let me know if you have any questions!

June 03, 2017, 01:40:57 AM
Reply #1

Offline Goomba98

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 20, 2013, 01:26:26 AM

• View Profile
Re: [V5B] Setting up editing tools for V5B
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 01:40:57 AM »
That first thing removes the errors, but it doesn't stop undefined textures from showing up.
Never mind, didn't realize that .zip you linked us had another .zip inside it.